Ares Games
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Fokker D.vii Udet went for £112 yesterday on E-bay. As if by magic another one has just appeared
    How much ?!
    Someone seriously needs their bumps felt.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Milk the market, milk the market!

US Ebay looks pretty calm right now!

Gotha V up for auction....wait....$25 buy it now?!? And it’s the one I don’t have?

Never mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Gotha V up for auction....wait....$25 buy it now?!? And it’s the one I don’t have?

Never mind....

Hah, good find!

Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post

Hah, good find!
    Heads up to everyone: that same seller had another Gotha up for $25 instant buy out 18 days previous, so it’s possible another one may drag in. You’ll want to beat me to it because I’ve got the two I wanted and would only use another to trade for a Caproni. Cut out me as the middle man. ;-)

Heads up Down Under

Seems like a WW11 collection is being sold

Heads up Down Under

Seems like a WW11 collection is being sold
    Yes, but in 1/144 scale, not 'Nexus' / 'Ares' 1/200.

Although, some of our US friends do play in 1/144, to utilise F-Toys miniatures.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Very "inflated" price!

I think I will keep my money and make my mortgage payment. Whoa! That is a lot of money!!!!!

So is this...

Name:  ebay France.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  67.2 KB

Several lots from the same seller, all hugely overpriced...

With this much supply and demand, I'm supposed the supply element hasn't picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    With this much supply and demand, I'm supposed the supply element hasn't picked up.
    Working 6 days a week (usually) I can't get to the Post Office very often, to weigh up and pay postage on parcels, so I'm keeping (nearly) all my "spares" until such time as I can sell 'em and post quickly to avoid poor Feedback.

When you decide to let go, let us know! I will gladly send some money your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Working 6 days a week (usually) I can't get to the Post Office very often, to weigh up and pay postage on parcels, so I'm keeping (nearly) all my "spares" until such time as I can sell 'em and post quickly to avoid poor Feedback.
    I won’t leave poor feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    So is this...
    Several lots from the same seller, all hugely overpriced...
    With the immortal words of Ryan George I reply "What?"

90+ USD for von Hipple? Guess my $17 was a wee off...........

Join the crowd. I put 20 and 25 down for a bunch, lost everyone. Insanity!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

I able to score the SPAD XIII Coadu! I wasn't happy about shipping but fine. I missed out on the Stackard Camel... again! The Stark Fokker D.VII is becoming a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    90+ USD for von Hipple? Guess my $17 was a wee off...........
    The Von Hippel Albatros D.Va selling for $91 takes the cake. However, the Lothar Richthofen and Kirschstein Fokker Dr.I auctions also blew my mind. People have begun treating out of print WoG planes on Ebay like GME stock during the short squeeze...

Name:  FokkerLVRichthofenEbay.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  60.4 KBName:  FokkerKirschsteinEbay.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  61.6 KB

Spino, HOLY CRAP! I didn't watch those, but the ones I did watch I couldn't believe my eyes as the bids pile up. Wonder how these Siemens will do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF112A-Sie...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF112B-Sie...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF112C-Sie...53.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    However, the Lothar Richthofen and Kirschstein Fokker Dr.I auctions also blew my mind. People have begun treating out of print WoG planes on Ebay like GME stock during the short squeeze...

Name:  FokkerLVRichthofenEbay.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  60.4 KBName:  FokkerKirschsteinEbay.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  61.6 KB
    I guess my Kirchstein trade for two Drachens was a fair trade after all, eh malachi?

And I only put $75 insurance on it when I mailed it ....

Goering - $111
    Kirschenstein - $127
    Lothar - $127
    Stark - $112
    Guynemer - $86
    Gotha - $83

I’m seriously tempted to just sell off my collection. I remember resisting buying those Se5a and DH.2 I wanted because the prices were $50-65, even reaching an outrageous $75. I mean, now I’m going to be afraid to play with them they are worth so much. Just play 1917 planes that are readily available and insure the rest. Geez - I’m kinda grateful that I can get pretty much any Sails of Glory ship and there isn’t a compelling reason to collect them all, since they are fairly generic.

I know this is a bit off topic but it's ebay related and I gotta tell someone. Car Boot sale mid to late 90's got a coplete Heroquest for £3. ( I am D & D minded) As we're moving started packing and came across this on the top of a cupboard. Checked on ebay and the minimum on offer for the game was £70 with some at £100+. WOW family heirloom? Kids inheritance? hmm think the kids are gonna lose out

I know this is a bit off topic but it's ebay related and I gotta tell someone. Car Boot sale mid to late 90's got a coplete Heroquest for £3. ( I am D & D minded) As we're moving started packing and came across this on the top of a cupboard. Checked on ebay and the minimum on offer for the game was £70 with some at £100+. WOW family heirloom? Kids inheritance? hmm think the kids are gonna lose out
    Could just about afford a Fokker DVII with that Iain!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Spino, HOLY CRAP! I didn't watch those, but the ones I did watch I couldn't believe my eyes as the bids pile up. Wonder how these Siemens will do.

The sky's the limit?!?

Congratulations! I would seriously consider posting that Heroquest on the appropriate Warhammer buy/sell FB page & forums and profiting handsomely! Not to exacerbate the off-topic convo but anything Warhammer related sends that fan base into a tizzy. In early 2020 I received my Battle Systems Fantasy Wargame Terrain Kickstarter items (excellent pre-printed 28mm cardstock terrain) and in late 2020/early 2021 proceeded to sell my new and unopened Warhammer Citadel terrain that just was sitting in my closet for years. I was shocked how quickly they sold on Ebay. I'm talking 300 to 400%+ returns on investment! I quickly recovered the money I spent on the Kickstarter with a massive profit to boot. With hindsight I should have sold those items via the related FB buy/sell pages, forums, etc. and avoided having to pay Ebay's fees. Absolutely bananas.

As much as my jaw drops over the Wings of Glory auctions it shouldn't come as a surprise. There is speculation (at least in the US) that the pandemic driven side effects combined with the stimulus checks and ridiculously low interest rates has sent a portion of the population into a spending and speculative investment spree. Apparently the collectibles market has mirrored the stock market with prices & demand skyrocketing during the pandemic.

The saying, "Idle hands are the Devil's playground" may hold true here. If you have anything you want to sell NOW may be the time to do it.
    Last edited by Spino; 02-19-2021 at 15:34.

Yeah, I have a Heroquest floating about somewhere, and my first edition D&D (in the funky brown box - but I know precisely where that is). Great buy!

Don’t knock it, still use my Heroquest and did think about the new edition although can’t justify the outlay.

Haha! Always love fending off a vulture by a nickel. Three planes away from my minimum collection goals.

$127 for a Lothar? Haven't thought about it much, but does covid rot your brain?

It obviously causes people to spend a lot of money!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

I bagged all three Siemens! I bought them at what I consider to be below market prices. Apologies to anyone here I may have outbid for those auctions.

I believe the lack of original boxes prevented the bids from shooting into the stratosphere. An annoying omission but we play with the planes, not the boxes (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

Now to buy or cobble together an inexpensive foam storage case for them...

Great grab Spino!!!!!

I do not keep any of the little boxes. I find taking out and putting the plane back into the original box is a massive pain in the rear. I do not have room to store a bunch of empty boxes, so mine all go to the recycle. I store my planes in a more usable system. I have noticed the unboxed planes go for much less as well.

Not much as popped up recently. I wonder if everyone has cleaned their closes out?

Great grab Spino!!!!!

I do not keep any of the little boxes. I find taking out and putting the plane back into the original box is a massive pain in the rear. I do not have room to store a bunch of empty boxes, so mine all go to the recycle. I store my planes in a more usable system. I have noticed the unboxed planes go for much less as well.

Not much as popped up recently. I wonder if everyone has cleaned their closes out?
    Last time I had mine in boxes, in a moment of madness I sold them as wasn’t using them. (They are within this community and not for an unreasonable price). So now boxes have gone to prevent that happening again.

I still have the vast majority of my spares in their boxes - those that aren't were bought that way.

My "first line" planes for game use are in KR Multicase foam, and Figures in Comfort foam.
    I've kept all their boxes.
    I've managed to save a lot of attic storage space by flattening the empty boxes, and stacking the plastic innards.

Happy to lose boxes to good homes while I continue to add to my collection of aircraft.

Boxes???We ain't got no boxes!!!We don't need no steenkingboxes!!! I ain't gotta show you no steenking boxes!!!!! (One of my favorite movies, and helps sum up my opinion of keeping boxes for about 100 aircraft). Are you a PLAYA, or are you a collector? Or both? Nothing wrong with either mates, but all mine have been recycled. happily, as there is no room here for items that have one function, which when achieved, are redundant. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    I bagged all three Siemens! I bought them at what I consider to be below market prices. Apologies to anyone here I may have outbid for those auctions.

I believe the lack of original boxes prevented the bids from shooting into the stratosphere. An annoying omission but we play with the planes, not the boxes (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

Now to buy or cobble together an inexpensive foam storage case for them...
    grats Spino, not insane prices there......

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    Are you a PLAYA, or are you a collector? Or both?
    Certainly not the first...I am a player and a collector, and a supplier/enabler/feeder, and, hopefully, a war profiteer!

At least, I have found that I can sell planes (boxed) for more than I paid for them unboxed...

Agreed about the movie!

Yes, good choice of movies!

I have to admit, I am both a collector and a player. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that they are toys and they are meant to be put on the table and played with. Time to let the little kid in me out to play and tell the hoarder to go away.

As a side note, referencing ebay books not planes, I stumbled upon this...

Name:  Jasta Boelcke Book.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  72.5 KB

I think I 'stumbled' out of sheer disbelief!

Recommended Retail Price = £1,174???

I already have this book, as part of my Jasta 2 research project, and it isn't worth any more than £20 - especially since it has turned out to be chock full of errors!

Tim, I have that book. Didn't pay anywhere near that. I think I paid $30 for mine. Amazing what out of print does!

I just bought that book last week on Kindle, it's now $13. When I got it it was $22 Didn't realize it was full of errors!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Didn't realize it was full of errors!
    Neither did I, until I cross-referenced it with around twenty other books covering the same "facts"...

I paid £8.00 for it, around a year ago.

Groan...... This is the next book in my read pile. Guess I will have to take it all with a grain of salt as the saying goes.

For those interested in WWII. A whole bunch of plane boosters just showed up on Ebay. Good luck!

Groan...... This is the next book in my read pile. Guess I will have to take it all with a grain of salt as the saying goes.
    Most of it is still good - more recent info. seems to disagree with some of it.
    Plus, the proof-reader was blind/absent, leading to a few howlers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Goering - $111
    Kirschenstein - $127
    Lothar - $127
    Stark - $112
    Guynemer - $86
    Gotha - $83

I’m seriously tempted to just sell off my collection. I remember resisting buying those Se5a and DH.2 I wanted because the prices were $50-65, even reaching an outrageous $75. I mean, now I’m going to be afraid to play with them they are worth so much. Just play 1917 planes that are readily available and insure the rest. Geez - I’m kinda grateful that I can get pretty much any Sails of Glory ship and there isn’t a compelling reason to collect them all, since they are fairly generic.
    Lothar , Stark and Kirchenstein Fokker D VII = 127 Dollars Sheer Madness.

And 86 Dollars US the Spad VII of Guynemer it increases from days to days !!!

The last one I saw leaving on Ebay it was the one at 52 US dollars without shipping costs and I found it already expensive

Name:  20210222_190656.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  57.2 KB

I just acquired last month a second Spad VII Guynemer for only 20 dollars a model as used as new on the french Forum " le Cirque Volant " by Chaobis that i thanks warmly

As it said above one will not end up playing on a table with fear to break them so it will be expensive it is a ridiculous situation that looms.

If we can ! It's necessary to encourage exchanges and purchases between us players from any country to break this crazy ebay market !

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds