£9.01 now. Fingers crossed

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

can someone look a these two Halberstadt D.III:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wings-of-glory-Halberstadt-D-III-Keudell/124282572262?hash=item1cefd18de6:gyAAAOSw8gVfJouM

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wings-of-Glo...YAAOSwjTBfJoqD

It is descripted that they "just went out off the box for one time"

but I have some doubt....it looks like some kind of "dirt" or like somoeone tried to make some "shadow" effects...look at the white square on the wings...you cant nearly see them.

What do you thing? Just some bad photos or really some "repaint"???

Quote Originally Posted by Alfgard View Post
    Seems unlikely that a bad photo creates a kind of weathering effect.
    imho a repaint

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wings-of-glory-Halberstadt-D-III-Keudell/124282572262?hash=item1cefd18de6:gyAAAOSw8gVfJouM

but I have some doubt....it looks like some kind of "dirt" or like somoeone tried to make some "shadow" effects...look at the white square on the wings...you cant nearly see them.

It's a 'repaint'. It looks like he applied a modeling wash but was a bit overzealous and picked the wrong color and/or did not thin it sufficiently before applying it. I assume the model was given a protective coating or two before it left the factory floor so you may be able to remove the wash without damaging the original paint & decals. It's a gamble though. I'd sooner recommend painting over his handiwork and doing a complete custom repaint.

Do an image search using the terms 'Citadel wash' or 'Vallejo wash' or 'Army Painter wash' and add the word 'miniatures' to see what I mean.

BTW I'm glad to have discovered this game (albeit a bit late). Great forum, glad to meet everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    It's a 'repaint'. It looks like he applied a modeling wash but was a bit overzealous and picked the wrong color and/or did not thin it sufficiently before applying it. I assume the model was given a protective coating or two before it left the factory floor so you may be able to remove the wash without damaging the original paint & decals. It's a gamble though. I'd sooner recommend painting over his handiwork and doing a complete custom repaint.

Do an image search using the terms 'Citadel wash' or 'Vallejo wash' or 'Army Painter wash' and add the word 'miniatures' to see what I mean.

BTW I'm glad to have discovered this game (albeit a bit late). Great forum, glad to meet everyone!
    Welcome to the drome, Peter! I'm also a toddler in terms of game-years here. Hope you enjoy yourself -- it's a fun game and an inspiration to learn more of WW1 aviation history and tinker with the hobby aspects.

...What do you think ? Just some bad photos or really some "repaint"???
    Over weathered & dry brushed by the looks of them, some people just don't know when to stop - buy them anyway, they can still be repainted.

...BTW I'm glad to have discovered this game (albeit a bit late). Great forum, glad to meet everyone!
    Welcome to the 'drome Peter, from a sunny Dorset in England.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Dan.

£9.01 now. Fingers crossed
    There were a few bidders for the last one so I can see this one going through the roof.

"He is wise who watches"

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

"Weathered" effect that was the Term....thnx...seems Like the Models were dipped with Army painter quick shade....

Right now there seems to be a lot of Planes on eBay at which the seller dont know that it is a repaints and sell themas "only one time Take Out of the Box"...so they dont know by thereselfs that they once bought a repaints....Just See the Göring with the black lines...

By the way there is a realy nice repaint in eBay right now:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wings-of-War...I/303604380718

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    There were a few bidders for the last one so I can see this one going through the roof.
    Finger crossed. Lets see what Happens. Thanks again Flash!

Hi,

Pretty sloppy wash and drybrush. If you can get them for a good price, they are worth it even if you have to repaint.

That's a very high price for a very basic repaint - the engine is flled in with fuselage blue, the tail stripe is in the wrong colours (should be BLACK/yellow/red, not Blue) and the thistle fuselage decal has been applied backwards..............
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Right now there seems to be a lot of Planes on eBay at which the seller dont know that it is a repaints and sell themas "only one time Take Out of the Box"...so they dont know by thereselfs that they once bought a repaints....Just See the Göring with the black lines...
    Unless he himself is the repainter, only taking the minis out of the box once, in order to repaint them?

Hello Peter.

Welcome to the show. Enjoy yerself, from Middlesex, England

"Ares" DH2 on ebay uk now.............

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wings-of-...0AAOSwOrNfKFv0

Also, same seller. Heinkel He-111 Battle of Britain scheme...................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wings-of-...IAAOSwIZ9fKFon

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wings-of-...0AAOSwOrNfKFv0
    Nooo...dont post such a diamond Just kidding, I have already placed my bet and in a fair competition everyone should have the chance.

It is the first time that I see one of thoe "beyond the great pond", so this time perhaps the "shipping cost advantage" is on my side
    Last edited by Alfgard; 08-04-2020 at 12:37.

Nice - just hitting £40 mark with p&p now - 9 days still to run

Lots of goodies on there today.

I see Dan's hope fading - that Guynemer is £21 with p&p now - with 3 days+ to run

"He is wise who watches"

AArrrrgggh! Only four more pounds to spare.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Welcome to the drome, Peter! I'm also a toddler in terms of game-years here. Hope you enjoy yourself -- it's a fun game and an inspiration to learn more of WW1 aviation history and tinker with the hobby aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Over weathered & dry brushed by the looks of them, some people just don't know when to stop - buy them anyway, they can still be repainted.

Welcome to the 'drome Peter, from a sunny Dorset in England.
    Hello Peter.

Welcome to the show. Enjoy yerself, from Middlesex, England

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'm a big fan of the WW1 air war and am hitting myself for not jumping on the WoW/WoG bandwagon years ago... when everything was a lot cheaper. LOL!

"Weathered" effect that was the Term....thnx...seems Like the Models were dipped with Army painter quick shade....

I've used polyurethane furniture stain ('the dip') on minis before. It works much better with infantry than vehicles but it offers a great protective coating. Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to remove from plastic models without destroying them. Obviously one can paint over a dipped mini but it's not ideal.

To contribute to this thread... I managed to nab a WoW Revised Deluxe set, Watch Your Back, Famous Aces, Flight Of The Giants & Burning Drachens for a pretty penny today. It was a Buy Now posting, not an auction. Seller originally posted it for $220 late last night but lowered the price by $25 this morning and I pounced on it without spilling my coffee. The four planes alone (which were naturally on my 'want' list) are hard to find and seem to command a pretty penny at auction so all things considered I 'came out ahead'... and that's what I'm going to keep telling myself until this month's credit card balance is a painful memory. I barely got my feet wet and my bank account is already furious with me...

Really looking forward to having Frank Luke fly alongside my WoW SPAD XIII Rickenbacker.

The lack of availability of some planes (Fokker DVIIs, Hanriot HD.1s, etc.) for more 'earthly' prices is very frustrating. One would figure Ares would jump on the opportunity to crank out more batches simply to meet demand.

OOhh Peter. We all agree with the supply and demand. There are a couple of very long forum entries on that one. I would suggest posting in the classifieds for what you are looking for. May find a trade or somebody withe some extra willing to let go.

Welcome to the madness, Peter!

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'm a big fan of the WW1 air war and am hitting myself for not jumping on the WoW/WoG bandwagon years ago... when everything was a lot cheaper. LOL!

I've used polyurethane furniture stain ('the dip') on minis before. It works much better with infantry than vehicles but it offers a great protective coating. Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to remove from plastic models without destroying them. Obviously one can paint over a dipped mini but it's not ideal.

To contribute to this thread... I managed to nab a WoW Revised Deluxe set, Watch Your Back, Famous Aces, Flight Of The Giants & Burning Drachens for a pretty penny today. It was a Buy Now posting, not an auction. Seller originally posted it for $220 late last night but lowered the price by $25 this morning and I pounced on it without spilling my coffee. The four planes alone (which were naturally on my 'want' list) are hard to find and seem to command a pretty penny at auction so all things considered I 'came out ahead'... and that's what I'm going to keep telling myself until this month's credit card balance is a painful memory. [B]I barely got my feet wet and my bank account is already furious with me...

Really looking forward to having Frank Luke fly alongside my WoW SPAD XIII Rickenbacker.

The lack of availability of some planes (Fokker DVIIs, Hanriot HD.1s, etc.) for more 'earthly' prices is very frustrating. One would figure Ares would jump on the opportunity to crank out more batches simply to meet demand.

Hello Peter - that's why we all have a towel and a spare pare of socks oh look, there's another one I must have

Welcome to the Drome, Peter!

If there are any specific planes you are after, post in the "Marketplace" classified section - someone on here might be able to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    AArrrrgggh! Only four more pounds to spare.
    We have been out done by Camel Crew (Iain) but he's willing to defer to the gentleman from Ohio if you're still interested Dan.

"He is wise who watches"

I will step back on this one. Camel Crew can have it. I will keep an eye out for another.

Understood Dan, happy hunting. PM me if you find anything this side of the pond you want me to take a shot at.

"He is wise who watches"

hello Dan / Dave. now at £27 and climbing, too much for me. Will another one come along next week!!!!!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno
    Sorties Flown

Hello, If you are looking for a specific model Wings of War WW1 , you might be interested in this "exchange or sale " ? , which was posted recently on the French Wings of Glory forum le Cirque Volant , by a new player Tiguitare who does not want to outbid on Ebay.

"From Tiguitare

Good morning all! I bought a big batch, unfortunately a lot of my planes don't have a base. According to the seller this is normal but suddenly I can't play with it. Anyway, there are too many for a few games from time to time.

So as much as real enthusiasts can enjoy it. If something interests you tell me. I don’t set a price, I don’t know anything about it, and ebay is a very bad indicator. I trust the community.

Besides, ideally I would still like to be able to recover some French planes, so I am also open to the exchange.

Finally, if at times you had duplicate bases that correspond to the planes that are there, I will also take it since at least I could play them.

Thanks for reading and see you soon

What I am looking for:

_ Metal warhammer chaos dwarfs (ahah I still place it you never know)
    _ boxes (only boxes!) of the 90s blood bowl team (this one too I put it on !!!)
    _ French cockade planes or pretty German planes
    _ Trust you if you have none of that but still dream of one of the planes I have and give it to you at the price you tell me.
    "

Here is the link of this " exchange or sale " on the Cirque Volant Forum : https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/t2646-es...y-connais-rien

Only WW1 Wings of War models :

Name:  kiko.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  90.6 KB

1 /
    - biplace Roland C.II (Richthofen), série 2
    - biplace UFAG C.I (Flick 23/D), série 3
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (MFFA 2), série 4
    - Albatros D.III (Hautzmayer), série 3
    - Fokker Dr.I ( Richthofen), boite Deluxe Revised
    - Albatros D.Va (Baumer), boite Deluxe Revised
    - Albatros D.III (Brumowski), série 3

2/
    - Pfalz D.IIIa (Klein), série 4
    - Pfalz D.IIIa (Holtzem), série 4
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (8267/17), série 4
    - biplace UFAG C.I (Luftfahrtruppen 1), série 3
    - Albatros D.Va (Weber), série 1
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (8012/17), série 4

3/
    - biplace De Haviland DH.4 (Atkey), série 2
    - Sopwith Snipe (Barker), série 2
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Longton), série 3
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Ferguson), série 3
    - Sopwith Snipe (Baker ou Ryrie), série 2

4/
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Aviation Militaire), série 3
    - RAF SE.5a (Boudwin), série 4
    - biplace Breguet 14 (Browning), série 4
    - Spad XIII (Rickenbaker), série 1
    - Nieuport 16 (De Guibert)
    - Nieuport 16 (Johnson)

I bought 3 models above for about 15 dollars only !

Name:  Tigui.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  138.1 KB

A few planes do not have any flight stand but they are in very good condition, even with shipping costs if that can help some in front of the insane prices of Ebay in At the moment, Tiguitare is a in the French Army, he takes a little time to answer sometimes but he is very punctual in these mailings otherwise do not hesitate to use the google translator in French !

Here is the link of Tiguitare in MP on the Cirque Volant Forum :
    https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/u1520

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Spad VII View Post
    Hello, If you are looking for a specific model Wings of War WW1 , you might be interested in this "exchange or sale " ? , which was posted recently on the French Wings of Glory forum le Cirque Volant , by a new player Tiguitare who does not want to outbid on Ebay.

"From Tiguitare

Good morning all! I bought a big batch, unfortunately a lot of my planes don't have a base. According to the seller this is normal but suddenly I can't play with it. Anyway, there are too many for a few games from time to time.

So as much as real enthusiasts can enjoy it. If something interests you tell me. I don’t set a price, I don’t know anything about it, and ebay is a very bad indicator. I trust the community.

Besides, ideally I would still like to be able to recover some French planes, so I am also open to the exchange.

Finally, if at times you had duplicate bases that correspond to the planes that are there, I will also take it since at least I could play them.

Thanks for reading and see you soon

What I am looking for:

_ Metal warhammer chaos dwarfs (ahah I still place it you never know)
    _ boxes (only boxes!) of the 90s blood bowl team (this one too I put it on !!!)
    _ French cockade planes or pretty German planes
    _ Trust you if you have none of that but still dream of one of the planes I have and give it to you at the price you tell me.
    "

Here is the link of this " exchange or sale " on the Cirque Volant Forum : https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/t2646-es...y-connais-rien

Only WW1 Wings of War models :

Name:  kiko.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  90.6 KB

1 /
    - biplace Roland C.II (Richthofen), série 2
    - biplace UFAG C.I (Flick 23/D), série 3
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (MFFA 2), série 4
    - Albatros D.III (Hautzmayer), série 3
    - Fokker Dr.I ( Richthofen), boite Deluxe Revised
    - Albatros D.Va (Baumer), boite Deluxe Revised
    - Albatros D.III (Brumowski), série 3

2/
    - Pfalz D.IIIa (Klein), série 4
    - Pfalz D.IIIa (Holtzem), série 4
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (8267/17), série 4
    - biplace UFAG C.I (Luftfahrtruppen 1), série 3
    - Albatros D.Va (Weber), série 1
    - biplace Rumpler C.IV (8012/17), série 4

3/
    - biplace De Haviland DH.4 (Atkey), série 2
    - Sopwith Snipe (Barker), série 2
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Longton), série 3
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Ferguson), série 3
    - Sopwith Snipe (Baker ou Ryrie), série 2

4/
    - biplace RAF RE.8 (Aviation Militaire), série 3
    - RAF SE.5a (Boudwin), série 4
    - biplace Breguet 14 (Browning), série 4
    - Spad XIII (Rickenbaker), série 1
    - Nieuport 16 (De Guibert)
    - Nieuport 16 (Johnson)

I bought 3 models above for about 15 dollars only !

Name:  Tigui.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  138.1 KB

A few planes do not have any flight stand but they are in very good condition, even with shipping costs if that can help some in front of the insane prices of Ebay in At the moment, Tiguitare is a in the French Army, he takes a little time to answer sometimes but he is very punctual in these mailings otherwise do not hesitate to use the google translator in French !

Here is the link of Tiguitare in MP on the Cirque Volant Forum :
    https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/u1520
    Thanks! Three planes for $15 each or a combined total of $15?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno
    Sorties Flown

Thanks! Three planes for $15 each or a combined total of $15?
    Hi Peter
    I paid $15 for all of them, so $5 a plane.
    When I bought them he didn't have all the flight stands.

So Tiguitare accepted the deal at this price, then afterwards he received the stands, I wanted to pay more, but he refused.
    Because he's a real "miniature" enthusiast as well, you can make an offer at your price.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Hi Peter
    I paid $15 for all of them, so $5 a plane.
    When I bought them he didn't have all the flight stands.

So Tiguitare accepted the deal at this price, then afterwards he received the stands, I wanted to pay more, but he refused.
    Because he's a real "miniature" enthusiast as well, you can make an offer at your price.
    Amazing! Thank you for the info and quick response.

Fingers crossed that my offers are accepted and shipping isn't too brutal.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno
    Sorties Flown

I also cross my fingers for you Peter , on average it takes about 30/40 dollars by UPS for one parcel 0,500 kg from Paris to New York

hello Dan / Dave. now at £27 and climbing, too much for me. Will another one come along next week!!!!!!!
    Hope so, we will see what happens I guess.

and lo and behold as if by magic, another Spad VII Guynemer appears on E-bay. Dan, keep yer eyes on it

They must be part bunny rabbit. They keep on multiplying. LOL!

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

The last two weeks were very interesting on ebay....my goal was to get one of each plane.....but as some of you know...if you see a plane at a good price....just try.

I go the following planes the last weeks:
    - Fokker Dr. I (Kirschstein) - about 50 Euro
    - Fokker D. VII (Stark) - about 60 Euro
    - Pfalz D. III (Klein) - about 10 Euro
    - Albatros D.II (Boelcke) - about 15 Euro
    - Aviatik D.I (Linke-Crawford) - about 15 Euro
    - RAF SE5 (Boudwin WoW) - about 15 Euro
    - RAF SE 5 (Dallas WoW) - about 15 Euro
    - Caproni - about 40 Euro
    - Albatros D.III (Hautzmayer) - about 11 Euro
    - Ablabros D.V (Weber) - about 11 Euro
    - Hanriot HD.I (Copper) - about 16 Euro
    - Sopwith Triplane (litte) - about 25 Euro
    - Airco DH.2 (Andrews ) - about 35 Euro
    - Halberstadt D.III (Keudell - with "weathered effect) - about 15 Euro
    - Halberstadt D.III (Luftstreitkraefte with "weathered effect) - about 7 Euro
    - Halberstadt D.III (Camouflage with "weathered effect) - about 13 Euro
    - Fokker A.III (Hautzmayer) - about 35 Euro
    - Spad XIII (Rickenbacker WoW) - about 11 Euro
    - Morane Saulnier Type N (Chaput) - about 11 Euro

...have to stopp.

Didnt expect that it is such ab big problem to resist when you see planes that you already have at a good price.

It is an addiction I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    It is an addiction I tell you!
    Ouch! That's harsh, I prefer: "It's my therapy!"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

I also cross my fingers for you Peter , on average it takes about 30/40 dollars by UPS for one parcel 0,500 kg from Paris to New York
    Ye gods. Thank you for the well wishes.

Well, let's hope the French postal service is more humane!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

The last two weeks were very interesting on ebay....my goal was to get one of each plane.....but as some of you know...if you see a plane at a good price....just try.

...have to stopp.

Didnt expect that it is such ab big problem to resist when you see planes that you already have at a good price.
    Congratulations, that is a good haul! Some painful price tags but the great bargains help balance everything out... or that's what we convince ourselves, eh?

My personal purchases have been bordering on obscene since I started collecting a short while ago. My per plane costs are not bad, but the sheer VOLUME.

Then again, thanks to COVID I cannot book my annual vacation to Greece this year. That money was just sitting in my bank account, insisting that a portion of it be spent on a miniature air force. Who would have thought money would have such strange tastes?

I can resist anything except temptation!

British Airways refunded my Origins return flight costs, so.................

Name:  20200806_194444.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.4 KB

I couldn't help it, honest, guv'nor!

Tim - That looks like one helluva big box, unless the scale is all to pieces and its one plane

It's a LOT of planes, and ground targets, and bits'n'bobs.............

I'd take a photo, but I don't have a wide angle lens!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno
    Sorties Flown

...have to stopp.

Including delivery and custom tax , i suppose ?

...have to stopp.

if you find a cure that allows one to stop. spread it around lol

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    if you find a cure that allows one to stop. spread it around lol
    PLEASE!

Yet again, the elusive Spad VII gets away!

I can resist anything except temptation!

British Airways refunded my Origins return flight costs, so.................

Name:  20200806_194444.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.4 KB

I couldn't help it, honest, guv'nor!
    LOOK
    AT
    THE
    SIZE
    OF
    THAT
    BOX!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Madness. MADNESS!!!

Name:  WoWFokkerDVIIMadness.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  65.1 KB

I was bidding on that Schaefer. I had been the high bid with only 2 minutes to go. Got outbid. With 10 seconds to go I tried to snipe it. Immediate outbid to $57. So someone else was trying to snipe it too. When the auction ended, the screen refreshed to $139. I just started laughing I only wanted it for a repaint so I stuck to my limit. I scored two D.VII’s in the past week within my set limit A Goering sold for $55 (same seller) just 6 minutes before this Schaefer. You just can’t decipher eBay. I don’t worry about it anymore.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds