Ares Games
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

What the heck! Quite a very amazing expectation. Those guys usually have more sane prices than that. Must be a new guy doing the Ebay stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    What the heck! Quite a very amazing expectation. Those guys usually have more sane prices than that. Must be a new guy doing the Ebay stuff.
    Noble Knight has a whole bunch of WoG items with rather optimistic prices. Now, a store doesn’t necessarily need fast turnover, and can quite happily wait for a rare buyer. Honestly, I’ve found patience on my part trumps patience of the seller’s part, and I eventually get what I want for a reasonable price. Looking back over my covid-era purchases, they consist of oop items almost universally bought at list price, or lower. You do have to be Johnny-on-the-spot, though, and I haven’t really been looking that hard of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    You do have to be Johnny-on-the-spot, though.
    So true!

I cleared out French store Ludibay when they downsized their games retail stock - loads of items at ridiculously low prices!
    Anyone looking one day later would have found a desert...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I cleared out French store Ludibay when they downsized their games retail stock - loads of items at ridiculously low prices!
    Anyone looking one day later would have found a desert...
    I managed to snag several Nexus WoW from them.
    Must have been on your tea break.

I got 5 Belgian Hurricanes for free!

They had reduced the price to 10 Euros each, including the postage, and buying them pushed me past the "total spend threshold" which paid out 50 Euros to my account...

Some folk have ALL the luck.... mind you how much do you need to spend to be that lucky? Lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Just had a quick look... there is a Staaken on sale (brand new) for Ł49.99 ... now that’s a bargain

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

there's a few good prices on ebay at the moment. Ł15 for some of the popular planes

To bad the shipping to the USA is more than the plane.

Some rare planes on UK Ebay at the moment. 2 x DH2 (going for silly money), 3 x EIII including Hautzmayer and 3 x Halberstadts.

beyond silly? Recreational drugs are way too easy to come by...........

The 38 dollars a plane shipping is crazy enough. This person has bids though! Again, Ares need to get off the pot and start making product! GGGRRRR!!!

On another note, there is a WWII Thunderbolt and some Messerschmitts up for auction. Looks like a good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525922725...0AAOSwwzZhEBNf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525922075...IAAOSwe91hEBGf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525921610...UAAOSw8vRhEBAH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525920963...gAAOSwnHdhEA42

There a Linke/Crawford Aviatik up. Along with Stark Fokker D.VII, a couple of Halberstadt CLII, and a Bristol F2B. Prices are still sane on these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525893375...MAAOSwHvthD9Zd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525889567...UAAOSwrFVhD81h

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525890340...YAAOSwp25hD88d

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525891358...UAAOSwwzxhD9HQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26525888967...sAAOSwPFhhD8rb

Quote Originally Posted by Hu Rhu View Post
    Some rare planes on UK Ebay at the moment. 2 x DH2 (going for silly money), 3 x EIII including Hautzmayer and 3 x Halberstadts.
    The seller seems a bit "chancey"...
    Having listed the planes at Ł40 start bid, he then changed most of them the next day, up to as much as Ł65 start bid.

Not a gentleman.

Geez: $110 for Stark?!? “Insanity is coming.” $96 for a Brisfit? $70 for an Aviatik? I really should sell my collection and just play my WWII Battle of Britain planes….

Thumbs up Ebay: Wings of War Balloon Busters, Caquot / Ae800 Balloon + Nieuport 16

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    ….or make an offer, which someone did to end the auction.

just seen the Ł120 asking price for a D.VIIs

You can buy the 3D printed color ones from Reduced Aircraft Factory for less.

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    just seen the Ł120 asking price for a D.VIIs
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185154 D.VII Stark.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185254 D.VII Sachsenburg.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  64.7 KB

Seen these?

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185502 SS D.III Lange.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185600 SS D.III Veltjens.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185356 SS D.III B-M.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  60.2 KB

or how about

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185859 Gotha Aschoff.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 185713 Gotha vonKorff.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  57.9 KB

Hey, Andy T! I've found you a von Korff!!!

How 'bout these...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 194742 Red Baron.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 194910 H2 Andrews.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  58.3 KB

Or these...apparently, he's not such a "Noble" Knight at all...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 195217 booster.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-22 195107 Balloon.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  44.3 KB

Taking the urine or what!!!

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Is his first name Robin ?
    Last name same as a fictional Tory MP ?!
    Last edited by flash; 08-23-2021 at 04:23.

"He is wise who watches"

That's a ludicrous price for a Dr.1. Apart from the fact that they come up a lot, the game shops still have them

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derek
    Sorties Flown

Are people allowed to plug their own Ebay auctions in this thread?

READ FIRST - How to use this section

Only Wings of War and other wargame related items maybe posted for sale or trade in this section. When posting an item for sale or trade, make sure to follow these rules.

Seller's Rules

Post one item for sale per line (if you have two of one item, list it twice and not like "2x".
    Include the condition of the item. See below.
    Post the asking price.
    Include the location of the item (country and state).
    Do NOT post your full address - handle that via PM.
    When the item sells, make a post that it sold.
    When a single item sells out of a multiple listing, Edit your initial post and remove that item from the list.

Do not post auction style threads here, if you want to entertain several offers and pick the highest one, please use eBay for that. Threads that do not have an asking price listed will not be approved.

Item conditions:

New: New, still in the sealed factory packaging.
    Like New: Never used, but either opened or not in the factory packaging.
    Used: Used for any reason or any amount of time.
    Damaged: Describe in detail all damage to the item

Buyer's Rules

No commenting on seller's asking price.
    If you want to make an offer other then what the seller is asking, do it via a PM.
    Do not hijack the thread.
    Once you recieve and item that you have purchased, make a post saying how the transaction went. Make sure to mention if the item was in the condition the seller said it was in.

All thread must be approved before they show up on the site. This could take up to 24 hours, so please be patient.

Pp Oberst Hajj.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

i see the ebay crack smokers club is still going on strong.

must admit I offered a cheeky Ł120 for the D.VIIs and the SSs. That was nearly a month ago. As no one's bitten, doesn't seem so cheeky now

must admit I offered a cheeky Ł120 for the D.VIIs and the SSs. That was nearly a month ago. As no one's bitten, doesn't seem so cheeky now
    Once in a while you can sneak one in. It pays to be persistent.

I snagged a deal on two-seaters on a BIN, so occasionally deals are out there. The kind fellow threw in 4 extras so 9 for $39 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    I snagged a deal on two-seaters on a BIN, so occasionally deals are out there. The kind fellow threw in 4 extras so 9 for $39 shipped.
    Chris - are you re-buying all the stuff I took off you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Chris - are you re-buying all the stuff I took off you?

Apparently, Pete. Thankfully my memory is not what it once was, so I'm not bitter.

just noted the price drop on the SS IIIs and the D.VIIs. Now just extortionate rather than very extortionate

nearly time for a price drop from our e-bay friend. No one's biting at Ł100 for the D.VIIs and SSs. The Ł30 sales are going slow as well.

nearly time for a price drop from our e-bay friend. No one's biting at Ł100 for the D.VIIs and SSs. The Ł30 sales are going slow as well.
    Clearly still no shortage of drugs amongst Ebay WoG sellers.................

All the recent Fokker D.VII sales on ebay uk...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 212802.png
Views: 355
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 213344.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  34.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 213457.png
Views: 351
Size:  85.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 213801.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  34.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 213857.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  25.9 KB

No wonder no one wants to pay Ł100 when the going rate is around half that...

Mind you, the "seller" might have been distracted by this

Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-30 213641.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  57.3 KB

I offered GBP 70 for a D.VII and it was rejected without counter-offer. Have also noticed they're not moving at the listed price. I currently refuse to offer more on principle but continue to watch them

Also, many of the Ł30 Buy-It-Now planes have recently sold in Auction listings for less than Ł20 each (11 of which came my way ) so Ł30 is becoming obviously too much to ask for many minis.

Sound like some of the madness is calming down! Or, the amount of people willing to pay $$$$$$ for a plane has gotten smaller! I am always looking out for an appropriate priced plane. Can never have too many!

For those interested. There is a No Man's Land mat listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14422312476...EAAOSwpvRhVw7S

The Linke-Crawford Aviatik
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25515478527...wAAOSw-6dhU0N0

A Halberstadt D.III
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25515478112...AAAOSweTlhU0Ja

A Moraine-Saulnier
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25515476980...gAAOSwGadhU0Bu

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Name:  WoG_EbayLot3K.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  59.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Also, many of the Ł30 Buy-It-Now planes have recently sold in Auction listings for less than Ł20 each (11 of which came my way ) so Ł30 is becoming obviously too much to ask for many minis.
    Had a quick shufti through the lists & a number of the Ł30 or near models are still available in Entoyment for less !

"He is wise who watches"

$3K! WTF is that person smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    $3K! WTF is that person smoking!
    Maybe he couldn't see the extra '0' he typed through all the smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Name:  WoG_EbayLot3K.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  59.3 KB
    Haha! I just spotted that one and came here to laugh at it. Maybe selling them individually, the seller could get half that price (I didn’t really check everything closely to get a true estimate). It’s the Noble Knight Syndrome. Ask exceptionally high prices in the hopes that someone will eventually stumble along - which is at least understandable for a shop that can just sit and wait for that truly insane/desperate buyer. But a one shot auction? eBay is happy to charge you for not selling and then putting it up again so they can charge you more.

Haha! I just spotted that one and came here to laugh at it. Maybe selling them individually, the seller could get half that price (I didn’t really check everything closely to get a true estimate). It’s the Noble Knight Syndrome. Ask exceptionally high prices in the hopes that someone will eventually stumble along - which is at least understandable for a shop that can just sit and wait for that truly insane/desperate buyer. But a one shot auction? eBay is happy to charge you for not selling and then putting it up again so they can charge you more.
    The other possibility is Deliberate Strategery... could be his S/O is pressuring him to sell it and give her the take for shoes, so he's putting on a show of "well I tried but nobody wanted to pay what it's worth."
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    The other possibility is Deliberate Strategery... could be his S/O is pressuring him to sell it and give her the take for shoes, so he's putting on a show of "well I tried but nobody wanted to pay what it's worth."
    She’s selling her collection so he can buy his Harley some new exhaust pipes. Yeah…I suppose. ;-)

She’s selling her collection so he can buy his Harley some new exhaust pipes. Yeah…I suppose. ;-)
    There is a certain school of SWMBO that thinks "what's mine is mine and what's his is mine too"... though it's not exclusively female, for the brief few years before Mom mercifully came to her senses the sperm-donor was the same way. (Do note my refusal to refer to this late and thoroughly UN-lamented individual as "my father," as he was so in biology only. Functionally I was more my grandfather's son than his...)

The "self-sabotaged sale" strategy could be deployed in response to a position like Tom's in this old joke:

After the honeymoon, Tom was welding some stuff in the garage for fun.

His new wife was standing there by the bench watching him. After a long period of silence she finally said: "Honey, I've just been thinking; now that we are married, maybe you don't need to spend so much of your time out here in your garage and could consider selling some of your machinery and stuff…like your gun collection, fishing gear, boat, and lose all those stupid model airplanes. And sell that vintage hot rod sports car, and dump that home brewing kit”…Tom got a horrified look on his face and silently stared at her.. She said, "Darling, what's wrong?"

He replied, “Nothing…but for a minute there, you were starting to sound like my ex-wife.”

"Ex-wife!?" she screamed, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE!”

Tom replied, “I wasn’t…."
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    There is a certain school of SWMBO that thinks "what's mine is mine and what's his is mine too"... though it's not exclusively female, for the brief few years before Mom mercifully came to her senses the sperm-donor was the same way. (Do note my refusal to refer to this late and thoroughly UN-lamented individual as "my father," as he was so in biology only. Functionally I was more my grandfather's son than his...)

The "self-sabotaged sale" strategy could be deployed in response to a position like Tom's in this old joke:

After the honeymoon, Tom was welding some stuff in the garage for fun.

His new wife was standing there by the bench watching him. After a long period of silence she finally said: "Honey, I've just been thinking; now that we are married, maybe you don't need to spend so much of your time out here in your garage and could consider selling some of your machinery and stuff…like your gun collection, fishing gear, boat, and lose all those stupid model airplanes. And sell that vintage hot rod sports car, and dump that home brewing kit”…Tom got a horrified look on his face and silently stared at her.. She said, "Darling, what's wrong?"

He replied, “Nothing…but for a minute there, you were starting to sound like my ex-wife.”

"Ex-wife!?" she screamed, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE!”

Tom replied, “I wasn’t…."
    Funny story, I need to remember that.

Thank goodness I've been lucky. I have a co-worker, who while complaining about not being able to do something he wanted once said 'you know what it's like, you're marred.' To which I replied 'no not really'. I've never really cared for the term SWMBO, nor have I dated someone like that for long and didn't marry into that either. To be honest my wife has been, not only supportive but, encouraging of my hobbies. I have outdoor hobbies which she even reminds me I don't do often enough, games upon games (we game with friends almost weekly), collectibles (just cuz their cool looking), etc. I have been very fortunate that way.

I will remember and use your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I will remember and use your story.
    I get this feeling that I was way too subtle in my previous message.

I get this feeling that I was way too subtle in my previous message.
    If you're saying the seller's a gal, it sounds like a case of wanting to hit the Easy Button and not wanting to look for knowledgeable help. Could go 50/50... hell, I think Noble Knight and a few other shops offer to buy preowned, which would probably have a higher yield than this approach.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds