Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Ebay Planes

Yes, too subtle, but as far as I’m willing to go. Best to let it go at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Name:  WoG_EbayLot3K-1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  59.3 KB
    WOW and 134 $ for 24 month with Pay Pal Credit

just when you think ebay crack smoking cant get any worse lol.

What was the link to that $3000 bargain please? It does not come up in my EBay search and I was curious to see how many planes you get for the price.
    Last edited by Baxter; 10-10-2021 at 13:12.

they dropped the price, now it is only $2,500 USD

For only 50 planes and counters? That's still $50 per plane. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Then my collection in storage must be worth a lot more than I thought.

The whole thing is to say that a basic WOG miniature at the beginning costs between 12/ 20 $

How in 2021 did we get there ?

Name:  20211011_124146.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124125.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124231.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124214.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  40.3 KB

Some players I know in France with this high prices don't want to play their minis on the game mat anymore for fear of breaking them !

For a game that was meant to be popular and accessible today the rest is only poetry or becomes money , with the choice !

Edit :

I found for example a store in Chile Miskatonic Games : http://miskatonic-games.cl/search/?s...s%20of%20glory

They are very nice and they still had brand new models sold out at 14 $ with the shipping cost to the hotel
    A friend of mine is on the spot for his work and will bring me back thursday a nice " English Spad VII " with another one , I thank him very much !
    Last edited by Spad VII; 10-11-2021 at 05:21.

I think that those people who buy at this sort of price will find that when the bubble bursts, as it undoubtedly will, they are left with a lot of aircraft worth very little more than the original retail Ares sets.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Spad VII View Post
    The whole thing is to say that a basic WOG miniature at the beginning costs between 12/ 20 $. How in 2021 did we get there ?!
    That's easy. New players..

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    they dropped the price, now it is only $2,500 USD

For only 50 planes and counters? That's still $50 per plane. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Then my collection in storage must be worth a lot more than I thought.
    Thanks that is what I was trying to work out. I wonder what a one of everything planes (no gold or silver ones), 2 x balloons, I original starter set with planes would fetch.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes Dave it's probably true but not only, we often talked about it here : the fact that some beautiful W.O.G series are not reissued by Ares makes that in two years the prices have quadrupled sometimes....

I remember to have bought a Spad VII Guynemer in 2018 at Rival sky from Australia for 19/20 Dollars including postage, today as shown in the picture above it's sold a second hand in one minute in imediat purchase 95 Dollars at Noble knight !

So the solution to these crazy prices is no more new players

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    So the solution to these crazy prices is no more new players
    Oops!

We created at least 3 more yesterday at "Partizan" in Newark...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Spad VII View Post
    Yes Dave it's probably true but not only, we often talked about it here : the fact that some beautiful W.O.G series are not reissued by Ares makes that in two years the prices have quadrupled sometimes....
    Yes, due to the demand from new players. Now if Ares stopped re-printing series 1 over and over and concentrated on reprinting the other series we might be getting somewhere. I might even start buying planes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Oops! We created at least 3 more yesterday at "Partizan" in Newark...
    We are hoisted by our own petard !

"He is wise who watches"

Yes, due to the demand from new players. Now if Ares stopped re-printing series 1 over and over and concentrated on reprinting the other series we might be getting somewhere. I might even start buying planes again...
    Yes, and the old players are saying to themselves: "I didn't buy this one back then, so I'll buy it quickly before it disappears"

The fun continues at Noble Knight 234,97 $ record selling price for a Sopwith Triplan :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13389468622...YAAOSw839hWnZ6

There's a reason Series 1 gets reprinted over and over, those four planes are considered "icons" and about all the casual person seeing WWI knows. Have to keep the "staples" available or the newbs lose interest... WGS has the same problem, not having the "core four" in constant availability.

Personally, if it was up to me WGF would have four to six "drops" a year: a Core release, one other reprint, one new regular wave, one Special Pack and one or two Accessories/Expansions like scenario books, ground targets or playmats. WGS would have two "Cores" alternating every year but would have either "Core 1" (the original quartet) or "Core 2" (the P-51 group) alongside the year's "Theme Release."
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE - missing T&T Starter Nieuport
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE; BoB Starter 4/4, all Sq. Packs 2+

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    There's a reason Series 1 gets reprinted over and over, those four planes are considered "icons" and about all the casual person seeing WWI knows. Have to keep the "staples" available or the newbs lose interest... WGS has the same problem, not having the "core four" in constant availability.

Personally, if it was up to me WGF would have four to six "drops" a year: a Core release, one other reprint, one new regular wave, one Special Pack and one or two Accessories/Expansions like scenario books, ground targets or playmats. WGS would have two "Cores" alternating every year but would have either "Core 1" (the original quartet) or "Core 2" (the P-51 group) alongside the year's "Theme Release."

well, i sure wish it was up to you then.

We're back to the problem that Ares is a very small company trying to punch way above their weight class. Their lack of market capitalization and cash flow are HUGE bottlenecks.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE - missing T&T Starter Nieuport
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE; BoB Starter 4/4, all Sq. Packs 2+

They are out there, you just got to be a bit lucky. Just managed to get a WoW "Elwood" Camel for £15 inc postage. Like I needed another Camel, but it was such a good deal. Means I can avoid the temptation of 2 Barker Camels at Zatu for under £10 each, but now I need a Dr. 1 to even the sides up - ah well swings and roundabouts.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds