Ares Games
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Sometimes it would be rude not to............
    Funnily enough I picked up a cheap Rumpler the other week for less than that !

"He is wise who watches"

Good evening,

Just compared to the rating of some Ebay W.O.G models or other, is that someone has already used WorthPoint ? :

https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory...-games-puzzles

Name:  WP.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  59.2 KB

OK, it sold already....who got it?

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    OK, it sold already....who got it?
    I’ve stopped following eBay because of the stupid prices... but I would have bought that one on sight.

was there someone on here looking for a spad vii guynemer? one going on ebayuk at the moment for a good price

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    was there someone on here looking for a spad vii guynemer? one going on ebayuk at the moment for a good price
    Give it time...………………….
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am looking for a spad vii guynemer. Do you have a link. Either it sold, or I am not searching good.

Ok, he ships only to UK only. Anyone in the UK want to help me out?

PM me if you win it Dan I'll push my address to you now.

"He is wise who watches"

also let me know if he/she won't take yer money. we'll sort that out as well (unless it gets really stupid)

I've got a spare, if none of this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Funnily enough I picked up a cheap Rumpler the other week for less than that !

same here. ironic lol.

So did I, Rumplers ten a penny at the moment.

I was just stunned to get a Fokker D.VII at 1/4 the price of all the other ebay.uk sales recently.

Thanks guys! Hope I can get one!!!

Flash and Camel Crew. The seller will only ship to the bidding address. Hence, one of you would have to bid for me. Then I would have to pay you for the bid, shipping to UK address, and shipping to me. If it doesn't go too expensive I can make the work. Just have to skip pizza take out for a little while. Would that work out. If not, I understand.
    Then

Flash and Camel Crew. The seller will only ship to the bidding address. Hence, one of you would have to bid for me. Then I would have to pay you for the bid, shipping to UK address, and shipping to me. If it doesn't go too expensive I can make the work. Just have to skip pizza take out for a little while. Would that work out. If not, I understand.
    Then
    Happy to have a go for you Dan but you'd have to give me a limit - currently $15.71 to get to me, probably $10 more to get from me to you so $26 with a day & a third to run yet... Failing all else it sounds like Tim has your back. Let me know what you wanna do.

"He is wise who watches"

So did I, Rumplers ten a penny at the moment.
    I was just stunned to get a Fokker D.VII at 1/4 the price of all the other ebay.uk sales recently.
    Me too, what a bargain, almost harkens back to the good old days. Mind you the most I paid for 'Fatty's' plane was £5.79 (EvilBay 2010); cheapest £4.00 at SELWG a few years ago. You must be close to that too with your job lot purchases. Those were the days (sigh)

"He is wise who watches"

let us know Dan. Don't want to finish up with Dromers bidding against each other

I have asked flash to bid on it for me. I agree, lets not bid against each other.

Me too, what a bargain, almost harkens back to the good old days. Mind you the most I paid for 'Fatty's' plane was £5.79 (EvilBay 2010); cheapest £4.00 at SELWG a few years ago. You must be close to that too with your job lot purchases. Those were the days (sigh)

post rerelease slump. happened to both d7s and se5s.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    post rerelease slump. happened to both d7s and se5s.
    Not at all Phil. These were not re-releases but Nexus originals. In 2010 Ares wasn't in the picture, the most we paid for a plane was a tenner and people really struggled to shift the product so anything between £5 & £10 was acceptable then.
    The £4 model was bought from a trader selling his small collection back into the gaming fraternity at £4 per model - me and my wingman Ajay accepted with open arms, splitting the haul between us. As Fok D.VII's were banging about Evil Bay for £70 at the time it was the best day at SELWG ever !

"He is wise who watches"

Not at all Phil. These were not re-releases but Nexus originals. In 2010 Ares wasn't in the picture, the most we paid for a plane was a tenner and people really struggled to shift the product so anything between £5 & £10 was acceptable then.
    The £4 model was bought from a trader selling his small collection back into the gaming fraternity at £4 per model - me and my wingman Ajay accepted with open arms, splitting the haul between us. As Fok D.VII's were banging about Evil Bay for £70 at the time it was the best day at SELWG ever !

no. im talking about the dip in the going prices for wow minis when ares releases reprints of them. i saw it with nexus d7s, alb IIIs, and now se5as, pfalzs, and rumplers have dipped in price since ares released reprints. hell, i remember schafer, and udet d7s dropping back down to the $20-40 range for awhile when ares d7s came out. its simple supply and demand economics. something unavailable becomes readily available and the price for it drops. i can remember a bunch of se5as and pfalzs coming on the market for somewhat cheaper then usual as soon as their reprinting had been announce. its a known thing.

Oh, I see, you're talking about Tim's purchase, not mine to which none of that applied - Ares wasn't in the picture for the first & hadn't released the D.VII for the second so the WoW Fokker was the hot ticket item at the time.
    I picked up 4 WW2 types too. Still have the Pacific types. Just realised that was 5 years ago !
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post372642

"He is wise who watches"

Hope you get your plane Dan, for somewhere around reasonable and just below Ouch. If any man can, Flash can. Luck to the pair of you.

It doesn't apply to my purchase either - the last 11 D.VIIs sold on ebay.co.uk all went for £55 or more.

The price dip phenomenon IS true, it happens with every re-release, but we are well past this time now with D.VIIs - the supply has all but dried up.

The reason this one was so cheap was the listing; the vendor listed it as "WoW", not "Wings" of either War or Glory, so it didn't show up in anyone's searches!
    There were only 2 bidders

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hope you get your plane Dan, for somewhere around reasonable and just below Ouch. If any man can, Flash can. Luck to the pair of you.
    Price is climbing slowly... not long now.

"He is wise who watches"

Sorry Dan, we were outbid.
    Step up to the UK Quartermaster !
    Last edited by flash; 07-30-2020 at 10:10.

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks for you help Flash!!! Tough luck, but that is how it goes with Ebay. I appreciate you assistance in this. Thanks!!!!!

Oh, I see, you're talking about Tim's purchase, not mine to which none of that applied - Ares wasn't in the picture for the first & hadn't released the D.VII for the second so the WoW Fokker was the hot ticket item at the time.
    I picked up 4 WW2 types too. Still have the Pacific types. Just realised that was 5 years ago !
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post372642

i was referring to our recent bargain rumpler purchases. theyre experiencing a slump as other minis previously have when ares releases a reprint of them.

It doesn't apply to my purchase either - the last 11 D.VIIs sold on ebay.co.uk all went for £55 or more.

The price dip phenomenon IS true, it happens with every re-release, but we are well past this time now with D.VIIs - the supply has all but dried up.

The reason this one was so cheap was the listing; the vendor listed it as "WoW", not "Wings" of either War or Glory, so it didn't show up in anyone's searches!
    There were only 2 bidders

i was referring our recent rumpler bargains and hearkening back to the d7 slump when it happened not to current prices thatve gone back up now that the new stock of d7s has dried up.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Sorry Dan, we were outbid.
    Step up to the UK Quartermaster !
    Would you Name the end price for interest reason

Name:  Guynmemer SPAD.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  34.4 KB

just about reasonable plus postage. Unlucky Dan.

We were outbid by a pound & over the budget so the last bidder had a decent reserve on it - I suspect it would've cost quite a bit more than what it went for to win it. It would have cost Dan $44+ altogether at the final sale price so he could have easily extended himself into the $50+ bracket to secure it.
    Last edited by flash; 07-31-2020 at 00:46.

"He is wise who watches"

Yes, the shipping alone would have cost me more than the plane.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

There is a Göring in eBay with black lines on the tails:

Name:  Screenshot_20200731-222844.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  41.4 KB

Is it a repaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfgard View Post
    There is a Göring in eBay with black lines on the tails:

Name:  Screenshot_20200731-222844.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  41.4 KB

Is it a repaints?
    Must be. I have both releases and there are no tail stripes. Whoever did it did a nice job by the looks of it.

Yeh, nice hand, but I wonder why.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Probably had 2, and wanted to differentiate them on the table.

smart looking. i did something like this with my white/grey caproni to differentiate it from by friend ricks, on the table. i painted a thin purple band on the tail booms.

I actually think the Fokker looks pretty good that way.

New listing of a "Guynemer" SPAD on ebay.co.uk, starting @ £0.99 - no bidders yet.

New listing of a "Guynemer" SPAD on ebay.co.uk, starting @ £0.99 - no bidders yet.
    Flash, can you help me out again?

I think this is the same seller.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

And it Is for "

£24.00 Buy it now"

Quote Originally Posted by Alfgard View Post
    And it Is for "

£24.00 Buy it now"
    I know, but we already established that £21.90 was beyond camlebeagle's limit, so I didn't bother to mention it..................

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

You are right.

I think it ist the Same Problem when i bid on Planes on ist eBay.....the pure Plane cost is not the Problem (i think 24 is OK) but the oversea shipping Costs kill...

Flash, can you help me out again?

I think this is the same seller.
    No problem Dan, I'll give it a shot.

"He is wise who watches"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK