Ares Games
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Spad VII View Post
    If we can ! It's necessary to encourage exchanges and purchases between us players from any country to break this crazy ebay market !
    That's what I've been doing for a while now.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    You certainly have and it is much appreciated Tim.

As chaobis in France which has more than 400 Mini and which sells them from time to time at normal prices it is good but it would be necessary others

Chabois sounds like Tim, Bruno, but on a smaller scale !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Chabois sounds like Tim, Bruno, but on a smaller scale !
    Dave , i do not doubt for a moment Julien "Chaobis" is a Prince , Tim " Flying Helmut" is the Kaiser

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Don’t knock it, still use my Heroquest and did think about the new edition although can’t justify the outlay.
    Had a look at it but think it's for the American market only (maybe Canada as well but not sure!!!) I'm onto 5th edition D&D and playing roll20 on line

Would it be inappropriate, just for curiosity, to post pictures of my collection and get opinions of what it's worth? On one hand it seems like a waste of time, but it would be good to know just in case my wife had to sell it off. I just don't feel right asking that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    Would it be inappropriate, just for curiosity, to post pictures of my collection and get opinions of what it's worth? On one hand it seems like a waste of time, but it would be good to know just in case my wife had to sell it off. I just don't feel right asking that?
    Haha! I had decided to add notes to my documents on my collection for my son in case I don’t have time to liquidate my collection when the time comes (pretty much put them on eBay, and the price will resolve itself, but the ones marked “oop” will be the ones probably worth the effort).

I’m of the opinion it is better to have a typed list than photos, which can be a struggle to identify at times.

I don't want to derail this thread. I do have a list on a spreadsheet, which itself has a lot of very nice features. But pricing isn't one of them. Unfortunately I've disposed of all the boxes, but have the planes in foam and transport boxes. The idea of posting photos, was to get an idea (opinions really) of what the collection would be worth.

Ken, I'd suggest you start a thread and post some pics and give it a go. However, in my opinion, value can vary wildly based on so many factors such as would pieces be sold individually or is the goal to sell in a bundle, buyers' wants, OOP items, availability of future reprints etc. Personally the original boxes aren't important to me but for some they might be. Generally I'd say...
    ~ $100 for big bombers - Zepp Staaken, Handley-Page, Caproni, Gotha
    ~ $20 for "average and available scouts"
    ~ $100 for OOP early stuff like DH2, Fokker Eindecker, possibly Halb D.III
    ~ $50-75 for some of the harder to gets, Alb D.II Boelcke, Alb D.III Voss, Hautzmeyer, Brumoski, Pfalz D.III Hohn, Klein, most Fok D.VII (some go higher), possibly Sop triplanes.

That's just my general take throwing darts. They're worth what someone will pay

I have scores of empty boxes if anyone wants them

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Well, looks like an overpriced Fokker DVII and Halberstadt D.III showed up. Well, I think they are overpriced. Others may think that they are market value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Wa...MAAOSw8HpgHsIw

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Gl...EAAOSwhjdgHsE~

Yep, both overpriced.

Let's see how desperate the buying market is...

Second hand to boot

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

The seller previously priced the Schafer D.VII at $150, $125, and $100, all without a bite. The two Previous Schafers were bid to $76 and $72, but $52 before that. People get caught up in bidding, but I think there is a resistance to starting off with a bid that high. At the same time, there is a certain panic for D.VII - this may end up looking cheap in the near future. Personally. I’d price it at $50 opening bid, which I think would happen, and then just hope that a couple of spirited bidders got excited.

The same seller tried a similar pattern with the Halberstadt D.III: $125, $100, $80. $60 seems high for an opening bid to me - it’s possible it could go that high, but $40 seems a more realistic opening bid. Personally, I regard the Halberstadt D.III as the best 1916 plane you can get for the Germans - it can reasonably fight, both in terms of timeline and balance, any single gun Entente 1916 plane. Yeah, the E.III is iconic, but outside of cost and availability, I’d take the D.III over the E.III as the more useful addition to my collection. You can even use the deck for your Shapeways Airco DH.2. Be that as it may, Halberstadts more reliably sell closer to $40 than $60. Yeah, they can spike to $100, but not reliably.

Oh, and there is a combined Gotha and Caproni auction out there. Don’t really need a third Gotha, so I’m sitting that one out. Heads up for everyone else.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Wa...IAAOSwjIpgNwxr
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 02-28-2021 at 10:24.

I hope Aries reprints start to come through soon prices seem to be getting higher, even more than when I started in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    I hope Aries reprints start to come through soon prices seem to be getting higher, even more than when I started in 2019
    Yes; a Gotha priced @ £100 Buy it Now sold a couple of days ago - I was convinced that was too high, but I was wrong!

I still think it is too high.

Hopes here as well. Will believe it when they are in my hand.

I just lol'd at the US auction for Caproni/Gotha. I was trying to snipe it but it went far beyond what I was willing to pay

I just missed that $181 bid for Caproni/Gotha with my 79.79. So close.......................................

Figured that any bids under $100 were wasting their time, and somewhere around $125 you had a fighting chance, but $180.27 seems rather “enthusiastic”. Still, all really high bids ever take are two people who figure that today is better than tomorrow. I’m sure they will enjoy them!

If anyone sees a pair of balloons, can you let me know? I would like to get a couple if I can afford them.

Yes; a Gotha priced @ £100 Buy it Now sold a couple of days ago - I was convinced that was too high, but I was wrong!
    Me too, I offered him £55 and thought that was too much!

If anyone sees a pair of balloons, can you let me know? I would like to get a couple if I can afford them.
    Ditto here! A lot of us want to get some official release balloons. I keep wishing for re-prints in my left hand and pooping in my right hand. And darn it! My right hand keeps filling up first! It would only take one balloon to fill up my left hand. Maybe I need to start wishing for something else!

good luck! been looking for a balloon at a rate i could afford since i got into the game. the one time i maybe couldve i blew it on a zeppelin. so thats sort of a score lol. who am i kidding! the zeppelins way better!

Good morning,
    I have some items that I wish to put back in circulation.
    Caproni ca.3 green with black camo $75 nib
    Brumowski wings of war albatros Dlll $50 nib
    Coppers hanriot had.1 $40 uib
    Littles sopwith triplane $40 new
    Barkers 201 squadron snipe $35
    $25 for the following all are loose.
    Camels 2 elwoods(hearts on the wings)3 navel,2 Barker 66 squadron,olieslayers 9me Belgian
    Spad xlll rickenbacker and an Italian spadxlll
    2 jasta 37 udets albatros D.V5 and jasta 61 Kent’s has albatros D.V5.
    Shipping is included.

Quote Originally Posted by sctodd View Post
    Good morning,
    Camels 2 elwoods(hearts on the wings)3 navel,2 Barker 66 squadron,olieslayers 9me Belgian
    Shipping is included.

Don’t know how the jentsch albatros D.V5 came up as Kent’s.but its not Kent’s

If the coppens Hanriot is still available I will take it!

The Olieslagers and Jentsch are sold

Quote Originally Posted by sctodd View Post
    Good morning,
    Shipping is included.
    You might want to make your own thread for this (entirely appropriate) rather than bury it here on a running discussion on whatever current eBay auctions are of interest. It will stand out and get more attention that way.

I opened a thread in classifieds over a week ago and it has never shown up, so that may not work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF110C-Avi...oAAOSwPm5gQ6U5

Aviatik Turek - $20 buy it now ($5.20 shipping). I would simply have bought it if it had been Linke-Crawford (my missing Aviatik).

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    I opened a thread in classifieds over a week ago and it has never shown up, so that may not work.
    Hmmm - try again? It could have been something as simple as not hitting the post button. You definitely have some planes that will be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Hmmm - try again? It could have been something as simple as not hitting the post button. You definitely have some planes that will be of interest.
    Thanks, Bruce, no it posted but is in the moderator's queue. I've since sold most of them and have a couple on ebay.

Good morning,
    These planes have sold:coppens hanriot,jentsch albatros D.Va and oliesayers camel.CHECK OUT THE LIST POST #477

For those with big pockets. Big collection, but large starting bid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-Wings-o...sAAOSwraBgSSmi

Includes the rare Forkers and Huberstadts.

That is probably not a bad deal if you are a US buyer. Most have spent that or more on our collections over the years and some of those planes are pretty good.

Not including the case, foam trays, rules and 2 mats it's $16.30 a plane including shipping. Actually not bad. Just a big bite to take all at once. Good thing I have everything but his storage/carrying case.

Forker Tri-tine. The one the Red Baron ate with.

Well the seller obviously has a sense of humour. Short term pain long term gain I still say if you are an American after some planes.

Bunch of stuff of interest:

Gotha: already at $90 with several bids
    Fokker D.VII Udet: $12.50
    Fokker D.VII Udet: $65 (not gonna get a bid until that other one gets up further)
    Fokker D.VII Goering D.VII: $65
    Fokker D.VII Goering D.VII: $75
    Fokker D.VII Shafer D.VII: $53
    Halberstadt D.III: $40

I need Shafer...but...doubt I wanna pay $62 with shipping for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Wa...QAAOSwWixgRYJV

And add in the hat trick of all three of the latest Fokker D.VII in a single auction, current bid at $63 and destined not to remain there as I type this.

I wonder how high that will go in the remaining three days..?

I wonder how high that will go in the remaining three days..?
    Individually, $175 total, maybe more. Together? $125?

Newest offers from Noble Knight Games in the U.S.

Name:  ebay D.VII Screenshot 2021-03-13 201929.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  ebay Fokker D.VII Screenshot 2021-03-13 202120.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  58.1 KB

and a Goering for £86

I got 5 planes from Noble Knight for $75 (including shipping) back in 2014.

It's really getting crazy lately.

I guess it's what the market will bear these days.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds