Ares Games
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

Yes, too subtle, but as far as I’m willing to go. Best to let it go at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Name:  WoG_EbayLot3K-1.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  59.3 KB
    WOW and 134 $ for 24 month with Pay Pal Credit

just when you think ebay crack smoking cant get any worse lol.

What was the link to that $3000 bargain please? It does not come up in my EBay search and I was curious to see how many planes you get for the price.
    Last edited by Baxter; 10-10-2021 at 13:12.

they dropped the price, now it is only $2,500 USD

For only 50 planes and counters? That's still $50 per plane. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Then my collection in storage must be worth a lot more than I thought.

The whole thing is to say that a basic WOG miniature at the beginning costs between 12/ 20 $

How in 2021 did we get there ?

Name:  20211011_124146.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124125.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124231.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  20211011_124214.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  40.3 KB

Some players I know in France with this high prices don't want to play their minis on the game mat anymore for fear of breaking them !

For a game that was meant to be popular and accessible today the rest is only poetry or becomes money , with the choice !

Edit :

I found for example a store in Chile Miskatonic Games : http://miskatonic-games.cl/search/?s...s%20of%20glory

They are very nice and they still had brand new models sold out at 14 $ with the shipping cost to the hotel
    A friend of mine is on the spot for his work and will bring me back thursday a nice " English Spad VII " with another one , I thank him very much !
    Last edited by Spad VII; 10-11-2021 at 05:21.

I think that those people who buy at this sort of price will find that when the bubble bursts, as it undoubtedly will, they are left with a lot of aircraft worth very little more than the original retail Ares sets.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Spad VII View Post
    The whole thing is to say that a basic WOG miniature at the beginning costs between 12/ 20 $. How in 2021 did we get there ?!
    That's easy. New players..

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    they dropped the price, now it is only $2,500 USD

For only 50 planes and counters? That's still $50 per plane. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Then my collection in storage must be worth a lot more than I thought.
    Thanks that is what I was trying to work out. I wonder what a one of everything planes (no gold or silver ones), 2 x balloons, I original starter set with planes would fetch.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes Dave it's probably true but not only, we often talked about it here : the fact that some beautiful W.O.G series are not reissued by Ares makes that in two years the prices have quadrupled sometimes....

I remember to have bought a Spad VII Guynemer in 2018 at Rival sky from Australia for 19/20 Dollars including postage, today as shown in the picture above it's sold a second hand in one minute in imediat purchase 95 Dollars at Noble knight !

So the solution to these crazy prices is no more new players

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    So the solution to these crazy prices is no more new players
    Oops!

We created at least 3 more yesterday at "Partizan" in Newark...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Yes Dave it's probably true but not only, we often talked about it here : the fact that some beautiful W.O.G series are not reissued by Ares makes that in two years the prices have quadrupled sometimes....
    Yes, due to the demand from new players. Now if Ares stopped re-printing series 1 over and over and concentrated on reprinting the other series we might be getting somewhere. I might even start buying planes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Oops! We created at least 3 more yesterday at "Partizan" in Newark...
    We are hoisted by our own petard !

"He is wise who watches"

Yes, due to the demand from new players. Now if Ares stopped re-printing series 1 over and over and concentrated on reprinting the other series we might be getting somewhere. I might even start buying planes again...
    Yes, and the old players are saying to themselves: "I didn't buy this one back then, so I'll buy it quickly before it disappears"

The fun continues at Noble Knight 234,97 $ record selling price for a Sopwith Triplan :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13389468622...YAAOSw839hWnZ6

There's a reason Series 1 gets reprinted over and over, those four planes are considered "icons" and about all the casual person seeing WWI knows. Have to keep the "staples" available or the newbs lose interest... WGS has the same problem, not having the "core four" in constant availability.

Personally, if it was up to me WGF would have four to six "drops" a year: a Core release, one other reprint, one new regular wave, one Special Pack and one or two Accessories/Expansions like scenario books, ground targets or playmats. WGS would have two "Cores" alternating every year but would have either "Core 1" (the original quartet) or "Core 2" (the P-51 group) alongside the year's "Theme Release."
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    There's a reason Series 1 gets reprinted over and over, those four planes are considered "icons" and about all the casual person seeing WWI knows. Have to keep the "staples" available or the newbs lose interest... WGS has the same problem, not having the "core four" in constant availability.

Personally, if it was up to me WGF would have four to six "drops" a year: a Core release, one other reprint, one new regular wave, one Special Pack and one or two Accessories/Expansions like scenario books, ground targets or playmats. WGS would have two "Cores" alternating every year but would have either "Core 1" (the original quartet) or "Core 2" (the P-51 group) alongside the year's "Theme Release."

well, i sure wish it was up to you then.

We're back to the problem that Ares is a very small company trying to punch way above their weight class. Their lack of market capitalization and cash flow are HUGE bottlenecks.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

They are out there, you just got to be a bit lucky. Just managed to get a WoW "Elwood" Camel for Ł15 inc postage. Like I needed another Camel, but it was such a good deal. Means I can avoid the temptation of 2 Barker Camels at Zatu for under Ł10 each, but now I need a Dr. 1 to even the sides up - ah well swings and roundabouts.

To counter a little the exorbitants prices of Ebay
    For French , European players bordering France or others ? :
    There is a used Fokker D.VII Udet and KI 61 IB new to exchange for Nieuport 17 or other WW1 aircrafts with the player "redfox" on the French forum " Le Cirque Volant "

Name:  20211026_161434.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  52.2 KB

You just have to register on the forum to have an access and use a translator like Google or DeepL, here is the link : https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/t3118-a-...-et-boites-wwi

Or else the link of the profile to contact directly redfox who is registered here under the name of fox : https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/member.php?1421-fox

Tired of me second guessing pricing? It’s payback time! Go ahead - three Fokker D.VII, three Heinkel He.111, Halberstadt D.III, three Warhawks, Yellow Balloon, Gotha, and more (all my WW2 stuff).

Kinda hurts for the WWI stuff, especially considering the patient stalking I did to get those, but I need to raise money, since my car is near death. My pain, your gain! Yeah, hurts too much to provide the links - just futz around on eBay, you’ll find them.

Mope, sulk - but I think that will get enough even at the minimum bids (assuming everything sells - or at least the oop stuff). Yeah, I looked at all those 1916 oop planes and couldn’t do it (the Halberstadt was a duplicate mostly for the deck for Shapeways Dh.2, but since I got the P decks in the Immelmann booster it became expendable).
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 10-26-2021 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Tired of me second guessing pricing? It’s payback time! Go ahead - three Fokker D.VII, three Heinkel He.111, Halberstadt D.III, three Warhawks, Yellow Balloon, Gotha, and more (all my WW2 stuff).

Kinda hurts for the WWI stuff, especially considering the patient stalking I did to get those, but I need to raise money, since my car is near death. My pain, your gain! Yeah, hurts too much to provide the links - just futz around on eBay, you’ll find them.

Mope, sulk - but I think that will get enough even at the minimum bids (assuming everything sells - or at least the oop stuff). Yeah, I looked at all those 1916 oop planes and couldn’t do it (the Halberstadt was a duplicate mostly for the deck for Shapeways Dh.2, but since I got the P decks in the Immelmann booster it became expendable).
    And…yeah! The Yellow Balloon went to a good home and forum member! Everything else ends today.

Hello Bruce

Did you manage to sell it all?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    And…yeah! The Yellow Balloon went to a good home and forum member! Everything else ends today.
    Wait, was that you who posted the auction for the Halberstadt D.III Luftstreitkrafte? If so, THANKS!

The Ebay listings have not been too exciting. I did find this one today for anyone who still needs a balloon. Brown Balloon. Looks like it is still sealed. Price is still pretty decent. No bidders yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13396848733...53.m1438.l2649

Good find!

And It seems to be quiet in this month of december with " normal " prices for the bids

The most expensive is this P 51 Mustang sold 75 dollars and 5 bids which is two times less than two months ago !

Name:  Screenshot_20211222-005129_eBay.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  53.1 KB

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Wings-of-Glo...-127632-2357-0

Name:  20211011_124214.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  16.4 KB

The exorbitant models of Noble knight games did not sell any more too !

After these crazy months a possible return to normality ?

After these crazy months a possible return to normality ?
    Probably not.

ebay always goes quiet at this time of year; fewer listings, and less interest from buyers, building up to Saturnalia.

Around mid January, things will return to their previous fever pitch, with a rush of listings and mad battles for "rare" planes.

Here are some new ones. Seller has others, but these are some of the more interesting listings.

Bristol F.2B Fighter
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15478808414...kAAOSw8xZh24eg

Sopwith Camel Stackard
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15478806990...EAAOSwt1ph24P7

Halberstadt D.III Keudell
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15478806844...MAAOSwy6th24Tb

Fokker D.VII Sachsenberg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15478808175...gAAOSwm6Jh24bJ

P-51 D Mustang Landers
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15478808608...8AAOSwOnFh24hQ

The listings that camelbeagle mentioned are mine. They are some of Matt's planes I'm selling for Karleen. Every dime made will go to her.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    The listings that camelbeagle mentioned are mine. They are some of Matt's planes I'm selling for Karleen. Every dime made will go to her.

My Sashenberg for the same price did not get a single bid - which actually made me pleased, since I sold enough without that to get my electric bike and happily kept the plane. Wouldn’t ask a penny less, though.

Hope you get lots of bidders Jim.

There are more planes that go online for rhodie80 tonight. They are more of Matt's collection. I will post his WW II aircraft on Sunday.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Best of luck with the fund-raising Jim.

Jim - are there any custom or repainted versions of Matt's you are selling?
    I'd like to have a memory of Harry besides the custom counter box he did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Jim - are there any custom or repainted versions of Matt's you are selling?
    I'd like to have a memory of Harry besides the custom counter box he did for me.
    So would I; but then, since I do my own anyway, I'd be happy to see them in the hands of other 'Dromers who don't/can't expand their collections beyond the official 'Nexus' and 'Ares' minis.

Hi, all. Before I posted over in the marketplace section, I wanted to ask about these crazy eBay prices. When I look at the sold listings on eBay, it seems there are tons of unopened WWI models going for $12-$20. I gather there's only a few that have spiked in price? I stopped playing this years ago, and don't know what's considered rare.

In general, would folks on this forum be interested in a complete old collection, or are they mostly looking for a handful of rare ones? I don't see many here's-everything-you-need-to-play lots up on eBay, and am unclear how this weird valuation works.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

(Side note: my kid just told me how much fun the game was, as I got it out to look into selling it. Sigh.)

Hi Tom; welcome to the 'Drome!

ebay is a tangled web...

Generally speaking, a collection (complete or partial) will generally sell for much less than the sum of its parts
    Most will have plenty of "cheap" minis, surrounding a smaller number of "rare" ones.

Aircraft which have been reprinted (and therefore released in numbers into the international market in two or more 'waves') will generally attract lower prices than minis which were released only once, and are therefore numerically rarer.
    Additionally, certain colour schemes are more popular (the Richthofen brothers and Goering, for example) and are thus fought over by potential buyers.
    Beyond that, many of the ebay prices are simply ridiculous attempts by "scalpers" who ask for huge sums, and hope that no one else lists identical models before the listing ends.
    Some of the current listings have circulated, month after month after month, with no buyers (quite right too!).

With regard to potential interest from 'Dromers, some might want to pick up an attractively priced collection, and others are sure to be seeking planes sold in ones or twos...
    List your minis how you want to sell them, provided this complies with site Rules.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Is there a central list anywhere of the valuable planes or color schemes, or should I just search eBay by price?

Of course, getting my minis out makes me want to actually play this again.

A lot of the ebay asking/starting prices at the moment are out of touch with reality. If you can find 'sold for' prices, that would be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchaps View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Is there a central list anywhere of the valuable planes or color schemes, or should I just search eBay by price?

KEEP THEM! I sold a really nice collection with tons of what would be rare planes and all sorts of accessories, and now seeing the prices, plus the hankering to play again (which I am doing once again), I do regret, albeit partially, on letting them go for the price I did.

Or, send me a list on the side and let me cherry pick a couple of planes. LOL

Who is the chap who keeps writing the lot number on the plane card? I would never buy from him as he "ruined" the card, in my opinion, by doing that. Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32497326392...IAAOSw4KRh0gZ-

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Who is the chap who keeps writing the lot number on the plane card? I would never buy from him as he "ruined" the card, in my opinion, by doing that. Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32497326392...IAAOSw4KRh0gZ-
    He also writes the number on the bottom of the plane. I don't think it is a lot number. I think that is how the owner stored his collection. I won one from him and it took a little while to get the marker off of the bottom of the plane. It was a piece that I did not have so I wasn't too frustrated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchaps View Post

Get them out and play with your kids. My daughter loves flying the planes around on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    He also writes the number on the bottom of the plane. I don't think it is a lot number. I think that is how the owner stored his collection. I won one from him and it took a little while to get the marker off of the bottom of the plane. It was a piece that I did not have so I wasn't too frustrated with it.
    Yeah I may have to do a return. Bottom of the plane marked up and the T deck is from WGS not WGF.

I saw a fokker V.II sell light lightning today. It was sold before I could even get logged in! Wowzer!

I've bought a few planes from ebay which had every card in the manoeuvre deck defaced with a black permanent marker!

This was not indicated on the auction, so came as a nasty surprise.

This isn't quite ebay, but a person is selling a huge lot of WWII on a board game geek auction.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...P8#item8719967

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11518788366...UAAOSwQv9h3xGp

Caproni for $50 opening bid. Seller has a curious mix of oop planes for reasonable opening bids if the planes has been used, and optimistically high prices if still sealed in box. Plus some card packs.

Stark D.VII
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11517342938...UAAOSwPx1h10pA

Chaput Morane-Saulnier
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11518787833...cAAOSwcuRh3xBw

Spad VII 23rd Squadron
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11517344148...4AAOSwHoxh10se

Lange Siemens-Schuckert D.III (spelled Siemens-Schukert if you scan under the name)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11517341001...oAAOSwGTBh10cv

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay