Ares Games

Thread: A proud two seater moment

Default A proud two seater moment

As the first game ended yesterday I could hardly believe my UFAG C.I was the only one to have shot down an enemy yesterday at my table in the Roman Tournament of Wings of Glory after successfully bombing the Entente tanks!

My very clever adversaries had placed the target cards next to each other in a row running parallel to the long side of the mat. The two targets were astride of the field hospital which was obviously the target you did not want to hit (hitting would case you to lose 12 Pts IIRC). I went for the safe option and approached at short range, dropping one of the bombs on a stall, getting full score for it.
    As both my adversaries were close by and my teammate had got out of the table, I decided not to attempt manouvering for the second drop and hastily made for home. One adversary in a Camel got out of the table as well while the other, whose Spad XIII I had been targeting whenever in range, I kept at bay by stalling frequently so that it would overtake me, getting myself out of his firing arc and keeping him in the cross hair of my B firing MGs. Took him down by sideslipping towards him as he had manouvered around me - he ended up just abaft my port wing, right within my rear gun firing sector and incapable of firing towards me.

Very unlike me to post an AAR without pictures but a great time was had with a great crowd (around 30 participants) - therefore I was too busy having fun to snap more pictures than a single shot of my cunning two seater!
    Name:  IMG_20240411_085059.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  38.0 KB

Well done. It sounds like you out fought and out thought your opponent.

Sounds like your flying skills were well used.

Thank you all!

Side note, this same picture was posted on Facebook and a very clever algorithm censored it because apparently the photo depicts nudity
    I'm sure the algorithm is jealous of my results

Its sensors must be on a par with my failing eyesight Valerio, pink mist and all!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

More slippery than a slippery thing ! Well played Valerio

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Proud Dad!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-29-2019, 11:55
  2. Proud daddy
    By Baron Rolf in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2019, 04:34
  3. WSF Proud papa