Ares Games
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Tried to bid for some of them and then realized that the seller dont ship do Germany....now he has added a extra-red marking:
    This item does not ship to Germany

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

It had been mine (had a limit for 100 Euro incl. shipping):

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 2095
Size:  45.9 KB

I'll do you one for EUR 100!

Actually, how about EUR 30?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hello Dan
    Why wouldn't the seller ship to Germany?

Well done Tim. That's much more like it and a damned generous offer. Take it Alfgard

The eBay sale, when I looked, had a 'This item does not ship to Canada' label. So, the seller was not going to ship out of country, at all. Many US sources won't deal with the extra paperwork to ship internationally.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'll do you one for EUR 100!

Actually, how about EUR 30?
    Tim,
    I'll give a 100 Euro for one of your Stelli's! I promise never to play it, never to sell or trade it, and to always attribute you as its creator. It will look lovely in a display case.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

I am already in contact with Tim.
    By the way what ist a "stelli"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfgard View Post
    I am already in contact with Tim.
    By the way what ist a "stelli"?
    I should really let Tim answer... inspect his avatar aircraft here on the 'Drome. Stelli is part of the personal markings of his fictional alter ego German pilot... and each aircraft is a work of art.

ebay uk is quite good for prices, although there are some silly ones Amazon can be about Ł10 per plane more expensive. Think I'll leave ebay usa alone at those prices

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Dan
    Why wouldn't the seller ship to Germany?
    A lot of people don't like to ship international. The paperwork is kinda of a pain here.

It's not just the paperwork ...
    A friend of mine in BC ordered 2 Flames of War: Battlefield in a Box on eBay and had them delivered to my address in Portland because of the high shipping cost to Canada.

The plan was I would deliver them in early April.
    Then came COVID-19 ....

I mailed them two weeks ago.
    $56.00 for a 4lb box!

On top of that he ended up paying $18.00 CDN duty when they arrived.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

I dont understand the shipping Costs in/from the USA.

Sometimes it ist Just 18 Dollar and no Problem with duty fee and Others Take about 60 Dollars...

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    I should really let Tim answer... inspect his avatar aircraft here on the 'Drome. Stelli is part of the personal markings of his fictional alter ego German pilot... and each aircraft is a work of art.
    Isnt it "Steffi" and Not "Stelli"?

Many years ago, when I first began selling my stuff on eBay, I only sold to customers within the U.S. due to all the paperwork and costly shipping amounts for international shipping. But at some point, I discovered eBay's Global Shipping Program. I now sell and ship things all over the world using eBay's Global Shipping Program. I only have to pay to ship the item from Florida to an eBay facility in Kentucky. Ebay then takes care of all international paperwork, and they take care of shipping it to my international customer. Inexpensive and easy.

Isnt it "Steffi" and Not "Stelli"?
    Having flown with Tim many times I can confirm it is Steffi.
    This one's his SSW D.III:

"He is wise who watches"

Sure is... for some reason, every time I type Steffi on my iPad, it was changed to “Stelli”. No idea why, but I wasn’t paying attention. I hear that jokes are funnier when they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Tim,
    I'll give a 100 Euro for one of your Stelli's! I promise never to play it, never to sell or trade it, and to always attribute you as its creator. It will look lovely in a display case.
    Hi Jeff

Sorry to disappoint you, but I just can't part with any of my "Steffi"s - they're just too personal.

And also, they're not temperamentally suited to being caged in a display case; they're hunters, they need the thrill of the chase and the kill!

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    I now sell and ship things all over the world using eBay's Global Shipping Program. I only have to pay to ship the item from Florida to an eBay facility in Kentucky. Ebay then takes care of all international paperwork, and they take care of shipping it to my international customer. Inexpensive and easy.
    Yes, inexpensive and easy for the seller!

For the Buyer, the Global Shipping Program is phenomenally expensive!

I bought a set of paper prints from ebay USA - the Global Shipping quote was $60!!!!! For PAPER!!!!!!
    I got a friend in the US to buy it, and post it on to me - International Postage for a paper-filled envelope was $4.50!

Very many sellers won't post Internationally, but this is mostly down to Lost packages, and eBay's Policy of always compensating the Buyer, at the Seller's expense.
    Apparently, all you have to do as a dishonest buyer is claim Non-Receipt of Item, and ebay will refund your Paypal money in full.
    The Seller is down an item, and doesn't get paid...…………..
    The dishonest Buyer has the Item, and his money back!

Postage within a given country is quite easy to investigate and track, so "Non-Receipt Parcels" are unusual - with International postage, multiple companies and postal services make parcel tracing much more difficult, and fraud much easier.

Personally, I have never had a parcel go missing internationally, so I am happy to send abroad.
    I have had one non-arrival from within the UK, and I was refunded for that.

I have had a parcel purchased but never sent - this was from the Czech republic, from an ebay seller whose username was identical to a username on the 'Drome! Both accounts were then abandoned, never to be used again.
    Because I thought he was a 'Dromer, I didn't press the issue, until it was too late to get a Paypal refund. I never received those decals.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 06-21-2020 at 04:42.

Jumping on Tim's bandwagon here. On a US perspective. I have had no issue with tracking between US and Canada. Tracked pretty much all the way. Whenever I mail to UK or Europe, it depends. The bigger cities I would see tracking info like "Arrived in destination city". That would be about it. For smaller townships and villages that do not have computerized tracking I get nothing. I do not ship to Mexico, South America, or Africa anymore because I have had issues like Tim described of my package just not getting there and I would have to refund the buyer. Can really suck at times when you sell a high dollar item and it just doesn't seem to get to its final destination. New Zealand and Australia take forever for some reason. They get there, just sometime next year! Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, China and that sorts it seems my packages always get stuck in customs for a limbo or two. They eventually get to their destination. Usually no tracking after the customs scan.

I guess it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. There are times I wonder what in the world the US postage systems does with just its domestic mail.

Wow! Tim, I did not realize that eBay inflates the selling price to Global Shipping customers.

I have been very fortunate with all of my international shipping, aside from currently waiting for 4 WoG planes that are being held in the Australian International Purgatory Postal System.

I've exchanged emails with many nice people from around the world too. I had a customer in Italy who began buying my old Aurora monster models that I still had from my childhood. He was a very nice guy who was thrilled each and every time he won one of my auctions. He sent pictures to me after he had touched them up, and painted them. He was another person with excellent scale modeling and painting skills. Skills that I do not possess. That is why I greatly admire the pictures that my fellow Aerodrome member's post of their custom creations.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Beside the discussion of the shipping Costs.....can it be that covid-19 has some influence on the eBay prices....?

In the meaning of the German saying:"Das geld sitzt nicht mehr so locker."

i.e.:

Name:  Screenshot_20200622-211714.jpg
Views: 1999
Size:  54.0 KB

I think the prices we're OK....None were sold.

I thought that especially the Fokker dVII we're really desired planes

Yeah, it seems the lockdown has ramped up the prices for a lot of hobby and game items. It doesn’t matter how much I want an item I’m not going to roll over and pay double the price.

Beside the discussion of the shipping Costs.....can it be that covid-19 has some influence on the eBay prices....?
    In the meaning of the German saying:"Das geld sitzt nicht mehr so locker."
    I think the prices we're OK....None were sold.
    I thought that especially the Fokker dVII we're really desired planes
    I noticed a slow decline in supply though I stay away from expensive planes all together but the rather cheap ones are now gone pretty much too, at least they are not near as available as early this year. And as always, while the demand stays the same or increased, the prices went up...

I dont understand the shipping Costs in/from the USA.
    Sometimes it ist Just 18 Dollar and no Problem with duty fee and Others Take about 60 Dollars...
    Me neither. I bought a lot of planes from Rarewaves on ebay and every plane did cost around $14 TOTAL!!! (11+3)

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Here are a Gotha and a White Caproni in GB die good prices (at the moment):

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?sid=o...ne=true&_pgn=1

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Me neither. I bought a lot of planes from Rarewaves on ebay and every plane did cost around $14 TOTAL!!! (11+3)
    Correction on my part: Apparantly, they didn't ship from the USA but from the UK so the shipping costs make a little more sense. I may be wrong though...

seems to be a lot of wings of war stuff coming up on ebay

I think a lot of people are cleaning out their closets and shelves during virus lock down. I have seen a huge surge in Battletech and X-Wing products as well.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

We have a new one....and still 6 days to Go:

Name:  Screenshot_20200703-173237~2.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  35.8 KB

Ooohh! I need a bunch more E.IIIs for an Early WWI Campaign I'm trying to start up. I'm all over this one. NOT.

PS: $206 Cdn! Wow. I would need a really good paying job to get a flight of these.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-03-2020 at 08:46.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Been wanting a couple as well. But, WHOA!!!!

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Woah:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200703-190141~2.jpg
Views: 3755
Size:  82.8 KB

And i thought that the sopwith triplanes and the airco dh.2 were expensive

Also there are as Always Just a few( 2) bidders

Woah:

And i thought that the sopwith triplanes and the airco dh.2 were expensive

Also there are as Always Just a few( 2) bidders
    Probably two of his friends trying to make it look legit.

Now @ Ł203, still 6 days to go, still only 2 bidders...…………..

I thought about listing my spares, but with only one bidder (the second will be getting Mr Ł203 above) it won't fetch anywhere near that much.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

I can tell you that one of the two bidders is/was me....it is the first immelmann I see on ebay since I started "collecting" since December 2019 and there are only a few to go.

The price also catched my "hunting instinct" and I got also interested how far the other only bidder will go.

So these last planes I raised my "pain limit". But more than 200,00 Euro is too much.

It seems like that the other guy is someone who wants (all) planes....at any price. When you compare the anonym abbreviation and the number of votings the one got I have the suspect that it is the same gut who pushed the Airco DH2 and the spowith triplane above the 150,00.

I hope that his demand is satisfed soon....otherwise we others will have a very hard time to get any rare plane in the future.

But a small feel of satisfaction is that without me the other one would have get the immelman
    probably for much less......

So from the feeling I dont think that there are a lot people searching for the planes....but the one who does will pay for it...in two ways.

There are few out there I am still looking for. Fokker E. III (Hautzmayer) and a Spad S.VII (Guynemer) are just a couple of the examples. When I see them, they just sell for too much. I have the collector's syndrome like a lot of people, but cannot get myself to put a car payment down for a toy.

Now @ Ł203, still 6 days to go, still only 2 bidders...…………..

I thought about listing my spares, but with only one bidder (the second will be getting Mr Ł203 above) it won't fetch anywhere near that much.
    ebay is so fickle. I had a wargame I had not played, still unpunched. I saw one on that was used go for $245. This was back when you could see who was bidding. There were 4 bidders over $200. #2 bidder lost out as he was at $240. I was hoping my unpunched copy would do better. For my game #2 bidder didn't go past $180! My copy went for $204, not bad but not what I expected. You never know!

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

On the other Hand I think that this offer is not too bad (in eBay for about 6 weeks):

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wings-Of-War...MAAOSwUF1emNQC

About 24 Dollards per plane seems ok.

Andreas, that seller has some nice planes.

Wow. I am amazed. Maybe I should have sold my planes on ebay. I sold my DH2s for $10 each. Of course, mine were out of the box so that probably does not satisfy a collector.

Ebay is not a reliable source to price. I have seen DH4 with a buy it now for 15 sit for a long time. It all comes down to who is looking, when they are looking, and how much they want to pay.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Ebay is really such a strange place and the prices apart from auction to auction.

I got a
    - Pfalz DIII Klein
    - Albatros DII Boelcke
    - Aviatik D1 Linke-Crawford
    -RAF SE5 Boudin

today each for under 15,00 Euro

I think one of the main aspect is if the seller offers international shipping.

I do look regularly at Ebay and prices seem to vary enormously from very reasonable to absolutely incredible. UK Ebay does always seem to have some interesting aircraft available so is worth a look. As others have said what things sell for does seem to be dependant on who is looking and a fair degree of luck. For example most recently there has been the duel Albatross/Spad XIII Baumer/Luke. Currently on Ł21 which seems very reasonable.

I do need, no wait that's wrong. I do want a few models to complete my collection. So my strategy is to bide my time and bid for any that I want that seem reasonable. I also do try my hand at modelling those that are way too expensive. I have just done a Red Eagle Miniatures Fokker EIII in Immelman colours. Not that I'm a fantastic painter or modelmaker but it certainly would do the job on the battlefield. Perhaps there is an opportunity for someone to make a living out of making rare models! I do find putting the struts etc into the Red Eagle Miniatures biplanes very tricky but then I'm not the most dextrous. My SE5a and Fokker DVIIs attempts have had various level of success. But of course the Eindekkers are much simpler to make and the paint job for Immelmann for exampe isn't that taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    There are few out there I am still looking for. Fokker E. III (Hautzmayer) and a Spad S.VII (Guynemer) are just a couple of the examples. When I see them, they just sell for too much. I have the collector's syndrome like a lot of people, but cannot get myself to put a car payment down for a toy.
    I can relate^^ I found a Guynemer for 35 total on Amazon a year ago or so...

I just ordered more planes from Keith to bolster my two-seater fleet (and two Nieuports). It just keeps going & going...

Felix, everytime I say I have enough. I buy a few more. The air service just keeps growing. But hey, its fun!

Sometimes it would be rude not to............

Name:  Fokker D.VII ebay catch!.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  49.3 KB

Sometimes it would be rude not to............

Name:  Fokker D.VII ebay catch!.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  49.3 KB

yep, i ended up with an extra ufag and something else i cant recall atm because the price was right lol.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds