Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 362

Thread: Ebay Planes

  1. #251

  2. #252

    Default

    WoW! Reasonable prices. Perhaps expecting a bidding war?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  3. #253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    WoW! Reasonable prices. Perhaps expecting a bidding war?
    Considering a Pfalz just went for $137.50, yeah, I expect bidding. Was there something special about Hohn, or just the confluence of two bidders with deep pockets missing that one last plane? Anyway, I’m just happy that I got the Rahn Dr.I for less than original list. But then I’m cheap rather than determined. Ahhhh, but Kirschstein is my new Holy Grail since I snagged Udet’s D.VII for $15. Sigh, I fully expect to be outbid before I even bid once...
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 11-22-2020 at 22:30.

  4. #254

    Default

    Thanks for posting these,again, Dan. I bid on a couple, but already fell short lol. Not the end of the world, tho. Just started working on 4 shapeways D.VII's, and have 16 more being made, along with an AEG bomber and a Gotha. Over $150 Ares did not need.

  5. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Considering a Pfalz just went for $137.50, yeah, I expect bidding. Was there something special about Hohn, or just the confluence of two bidders with deep pockets missing that one last plane? Anyway, I’m just happy that I got the Rahn Dr.I for less than original list. But then I’m cheap rather than determined. Ahhhh, but Kirschstein is my new Holy Grail since I snagged Udet’s D.VII for $15. Sigh, I fully expect to be outbid before I even bid once...

    Glad you picked up a Rahn. That is one of my favorite Triplanes that they did. I managed to pick up the two WOW Snipes that I didn't have. The average was about 15 each so I am happy. I am amazed that the Goering Fokker didn't so very well compared to the other planes.

  6. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    Thanks for posting these,again, Dan. I bid on a couple, but already fell short lol. Not the end of the world, tho. Just started working on 4 shapeways D.VII's, and have 16 more being made, along with an AEG bomber and a Gotha. Over $150 Ares did not need.
    You are welcome. If I see more I will keep them posted. So here are a couple new ones that started tonight.

    No Man's Land Map
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Gl...8AAOSwjQRfuhMb

    Wings of War Brown Balloon Pack

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Gl...4AAOSwaspfubOp

    Wings of War WWII Starter Pack

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nexus-Wings...8AAOSwYL9fubFH

    Wings of Glory Duel Pack

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Gl...0AAOSwlElfueMZ

    Camo colored Caproni

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Gl...cAAOSwaDRfur0P

    Wings of War WWI Deluxe Starter

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFG-Wings-o...kAAOSw8W9fuaKQ

  7. #257

    Default

    Yup noticed those too. Interesting to see what the balloon goes for........

  8. #258

    Default

    I am guessing two hands and an entire leg.

  9. #259

  10. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Glad you picked up a Rahn. That is one of my favorite Triplanes that they did. I managed to pick up the two WOW Snipes that I didn't have. The average was about 15 each so I am happy. I am amazed that the Goering Fokker didn't so very well compared to the other planes.
    Well, at least I know why I didn’t get the Baker Snipe...

    (My cheapness kicked in)

  11. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Well, at least I know why I didn’t get the Baker Snipe...

    (My cheapness kicked in)

    Sorry about that. Hard not to bid against each other some times. Especially since ebay is a hidden bidder system. There are times I wonder if I should bid or not because I am sure somebody I know may be bidding on it as well.

    I wonder who got the American SE5a planes. I got outbid on those. My wallet is starting to hurt so I didn't go too high.

  12. #262

    Default

    Been having a bit of a splurge too - all Saurkraut's fault.

  13. #263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post

    Sorry about that. Hard not to bid against each other some times. Especially since ebay is a hidden bidder system. There are times I wonder if I should bid or not because I am sure somebody I know may be bidding on it as well.

    I wonder who got the American SE5a planes. I got outbid on those. My wallet is starting to hurt so I didn't go too high.
    There were two of them. You only need to wonder where the first went to, not the second. That’s why I stopped bidding on the Snipe, I wanted the US SE5a more. :-)

  14. #264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    There were two of them. You only need to wonder where the first went to, not the second. That’s why I stopped bidding on the Snipe, I wanted the US SE5a more. :-)
    I snagged the other Boudwin SE5A. I feel like when I'm bidding, I know the reasonable bids are coming from others on the board. I have no idea who is paying some of the outrageous prices that you see rather regularly (Another Schaefer D.VII went for $95 !).

    I again exercise my only super power (the ability to restate the blindingly obvious): ARES, you are missing out on revenue! Look at the 3rd party market for your product.

    Also picked up the Pfalz D.III (Klein) and a Goering for just $32.99. A bargain for these days. I'll tuck that away and use it for a repaint some day.

    I was trying for the Pfalz D.III (Hohnn), but it went for $137 USD !!!! Yes, it is hard to find (hear that ARES?), but that isn't sane. If you have that kind of money, why aren't you collecting Ferrari's? Real ones.
    “Fly fast - take chances!”

  15. #265

    Default

    Yea, for 137 dollars you can buy a really nice professional made display plane.

    A Ferrari would be better. I wouldn't even be able to afford the gas for one myself.

    I am happy to see that members the Aerodrome picked up some good planes. Congrats to all!!!!!

  16. #266

    Spino's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Peter
    Location
    New York
    Sorties Flown
    35
    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    I snagged the other Boudwin SE5A. I feel like when I'm bidding, I know the reasonable bids are coming from others on the board. I have no idea who is paying some of the outrageous prices that you see rather regularly (Another Schaefer D.VII went for $95 !).

    I again exercise my only super power (the ability to restate the blindingly obvious): ARES, you are missing out on revenue! Look at the 3rd party market for your product.

    Also picked up the Pfalz D.III (Klein) and a Goering for just $32.99. A bargain for these days. I'll tuck that away and use it for a repaint some day.

    I was trying for the Pfalz D.III (Hohnn), but it went for $137 USD !!!! Yes, it is hard to find (hear that ARES?), but that isn't sane. If you have that kind of money, why aren't you collecting Ferrari's? Real ones.
    Wait, you got that Klein? But it sold for $47, not $32.99. Did I miss another recent auction? I think you meant the Holtzem which sold for $31? I was hoping to get the Klein but $47 USD w/$8.45 shipping pushed it over my limit. That is the last Pfalz bird from the WoW line that I needed.

    People like that fellow who paid $137.50 for the Hohn Pfalz need to be on medication...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PflazIIIAuction.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	294769
    Last edited by Spino; 11-23-2020 at 09:21.

  17. #267

    Default

    That is pretty insane. Seen Fokker DVII and EIII go for as much. Ares needs to get off their duff and reprint some of these birds. But, I know we have had this discussion before.

    Therefore, as I see them pop on Ebay I will keep posting to help others find the planes they would like to acquire for their airforce.

  18. #268

    Default

    just seen SE5's X 3 and D.Va's X 3 going for £30 each group. So tempted but my Albatros obsession needs to calm down (possibly)

  19. #269

    Default

    At first I read £30 each, and was thinking that's still pretty steep, even if not the outrageous prices we've seen; but £30 for a group, that's actually close to a new-release retail price. MUCH more reasonable.

  20. #270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    People like that fellow who paid $137.50 for the Hohn Pfalz need to be on medication...
    It takes two to tango, so there was someone else out there who wanted it pretty badly. I’m always curious if they really were okay with that amount, or just put in some astronomical number figuring that way they could cover any last second snipers, not quite realizing that someone else could have the same tactic. But I made tens of thousands of dollars selling my Magic cards, so people will spend for something they want that’s rare.

    I’m just going to be patient on the balloons, Eindeckers, and DH.2s - they are coming back next year...eventually. I waited out the SE5a - I did it before, I can do it again! :-)

  21. #271

    Default

    Good point. Wait and see would be best. That way I can get more models for less money that is for sure.

  22. #272

    Default

    The three Spad VII : Guynemer , Soubiran and the 23 Squadron "Immediate Purchase " 65 Euros on Ebay Germany :

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/164531298560

  23. #273

    Default

    Do they ship to the US? I don't know any German.

  24. #274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Do they ship to the US? I don't know any German.
    Apparently he delivers Europe only personally I do not speak German , but tries to contact him with players of the forum who speak it , and why not ?
    Good Luck

  25. #275

    Default

    Bruno, sorry if I sounded rude. Thanks for the information about the Spad VII. I guess a more informative question for everyone is the following. Does this individual seller ship to the USA? If not, what kind of cost is involved with having it shipped to another member in the EU and then having it shipped to the USA. This can be a bit pricey at times.

  26. #276

    Default

    "I'm gradually separating from my extensive Wings of War (Nexus) or Wings of Glory (Ares) WW1 collection.

    Here all 3 Spad S.VII from Guynemer, Soubiran and the Squadron from Wings of Glory (Ares).

    There are the models, the aircraft map and the maneuver maps.

    Attention: The models were painted red by the previous owner on the front of the propeller, on the tires and below. The cards are also marked with adhesive dots. But should m. E. Everything can be agreed.

    (I don't know when and with which series Ares started to pack pilots / ace cards - at least they are not included).

    The packaging is no longer available.

    Pet and smoke free household.

    Since private sale: No warranty, guarantee or return."

    courtesy 'Google Translate'
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  27. #277

    Default

    No problem Dan I can buy it for you if you want ? , it's 15 Euros more for shipping to Germany from France
    But i think the best for you is the German Players on this forum

  28. #278

    Default

    Yes, the wonders of google translate. Silly me.

    I am trying to figure out why they painted the wheels red.

  29. #279

    Default

    this German salesman has many rare planes 3 Nieuport 28 , 3 Albatross CIII and D III , 1 Airco DH 2 etc with " immediate purchase" :

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/164529708122

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/164531267223

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/164531659673

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/164529651932

  30. #280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    Wait, you got that Klein? But it sold for $47, not $32.99. Did I miss another recent auction? I think you meant the Holtzem which sold for $31? I was hoping to get the Klein but $47 USD w/$8.45 shipping pushed it over my limit. That is the last Pfalz bird from the WoW line that I needed.
    Yes, the Klein went for $47 and the Goering was $32.99. It was the Hohn that blew up to $137.50 in the last 10 seconds of the auction.... that was about 3x my limit. I will say the seller of this whole collection was really fair and shipped the 3 planes I bought for just $8.45 total. That combined shipping took a bit of the sting out of it.

    So your last Pfalz needed is the Klein? Mine is the Hohn. I'm down to just 2 planes left to finish my collection. Of course, last month I said I HAD finished my collection and it was time to start repaints. The worst lies are the ones you tell yourself!

    Well, 'drone members got some nice planes all around from that collection and I hope you score that Klein soon!
    “Fly fast - take chances!”

  31. #281

  32. #282

    Default

    I was looking for the green Heinkel and a P-40 (Hill). Got em!

  33. #283

  34. #284

  35. #285

    Default

    How very sad. The seller is listed in Bellingham, Washington, a stones throw from the Canadian border, and the post says, "Does not ship to Canada".

    For anyone in the Pacific Northwest, this could be a real deal. Skip the shipping?
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-07-2020 at 06:24.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  36. #286

    Default

    Hope one of our American chums gets a good deal

  37. #287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    I was looking for the green Heinkel and a P-40 (Hill). Got em!


    cool! its always fun to fill a gap in the collection!!!

  38. #288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    How very sad. The seller is listed in Bellingham, Washington, a stones throw from the Canadian border, and the post says, "Does not ship to Canada".
    Shipping to Canada is outrageous right now.
    I sent a 2oz ornament - $12 and it might get there is 3-4 weeks.

    A package that might have weighed a pound was $56 earlier this year

  39. #289

    Default

    Nearly all of those recent listings are from the same guy - looks like he's selling up.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  40. #290

    Default

    Lucky for someone...hope they go to a good home.

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  41. #291

    Default

    Aaaaaggggghhh - the frustration. Just missed out on 2 Schafer D.VIIs in 3 days. One of those "I don't need the plane but I do like this one. My last bid was just tipping over the edge of sensible but hadn't reached stupid. It was mine right down to the last 5 seconds. Just so frustrating. Anyway good luck and best wishes to the person who got it. Back to I'll try again another day

  42. #292

    Default

    I feel your pain Iain. The last minute the snipers step in and the prices go silly for some of these planes.

  43. #293

    Default

    It's going to be a minor pain compared to watching the Steelers tear us a new one on Monday night for you but an 01:15 Tuesday start for me

    Losing out did mean I didn't have to get another Spad XIII to even up the forces (oh what an excuse )

  44. #294

    Default

    Latest batch of auction planes is ending in the next day or so on US EBay. Von Hipple Albatros is up to $40. Hohn Pfalz is up to $52. There is a Heinkle on up to $25. Klein Pfalz is at $25. Albatros DIII Hautzmayer it at $31. The Albatros DIII Voss is at $51. A Saks P-51 Mustang at $34 and a Ellington Mustang at $48.

    I have to say, some of those are more than I would thought and some are a lot less. See what happens in the last hour.

  45. #295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    See what happens in the last hour.
    That last hour's the killer! (well, the last 10 seconds!) <<snipers>>
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  46. #296

    Default

    Yea, if you don't watch till the end you may not get it.

  47. #297

    Default

    Got snipped on the two planes I was after . Fair enough though, I set my max and someone wanted them more. I got a Brumowski for Christmas anyway.

    Spino, hope that was you that scored the Klein Pfalz!
    “Fly fast - take chances!”

  48. #298

    Spino's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Peter
    Location
    New York
    Sorties Flown
    35
    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Got snipped on the two planes I was after . Fair enough though, I set my max and someone wanted them more. I got a Brumowski for Christmas anyway.

    Spino, hope that was you that scored the Klein Pfalz!
    Alas, I didn't get the Klein! I simply wasn't prepared to pay ~$70 (w/tax & S&H). The Buttini CA3 also tempted me with its siren call but my inner voice screamed in protest about paying almost $110 all-in. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic but I've scored some great deals on individual planes and lots since I started collecting and feel that some thresholds simply aren't worth crossing.

    A buyer with a whopping 1588 rating seems to be scooping up many of these planes. That's a ridiculously high rating for the average Ebayer, even a collector. Sure, it could just be a guy with deep pockets and a basement filled with collectibles but I'm inclined to think it's an account for an Ebay seller or an FLGS. Noble Knight is a decent vendor but they charge a crazy premium for rare WoW/WoG planes. Perhaps it's just coincidence but I've noticed planes in my 'Want' list seem to post on their website shortly after some of these crazy auctions.

    Congrats on the Brumowski, you scored a great deal!

  49. #299

    Default

    Von Scharf, Congrats on getting the plane you were hoping to get. I was watching a Fokker DVII and I am still shocked at how much those are going for.

  50. #300

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast


Similar Missions

  1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 18:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 14:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 19:50
  4. WoW planes on ebay
    By Spad Mo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:52
  5. WWI Planes on Ebay
    By bierhaus in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 12:26

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •