Ares Games

Thread: This was just too good not to share...

Default This was just too good not to share...

So after getting back into the game lately I’ve been trying to polish up my skills by playing some solo rounds at night. I decided to whip up a classic, yet possibly not accurate, dogfight of a Sopwith Snipe (Barker) vs a Fokker DVII (Schäfer). Here’s where the action starts.

Started out with a face to face scenario where I coaxed the Fokker into a game of Chicken. The Fokker got scared and banked left as I charged forward and put a weak shot directly into his fuselage, must’ve went clean through it. As the Fokker performed his turn, I threw my Snipe into a perfect Immelmann which put me right on his tail. I fired a couple more shots, these proving to do a little more damage. He tried to pull some quick 180 turns to get the advantage, but I was quick to thwart his efforts.

No matter what the Fokker tried, he couldn’t get away from me. He wasn’t giving me many clean shots, but piece by piece he started to fall apart. I will say, he did a great job in trying to get me off his six, but my patience would soon pay off. Or so I hoped...

I performed a stall to let him get ahead of me a bit. He tried another quick turnaround on me so I got my Immelmann turn lined up. Perfect. When I came around I had him right in my crosshairs. One more shot and he was down, I just knew it! I prepare to get a closer shot and squeeze the trigger. Blast! Did someone give me the rubber bullets today? My shots are barely scratching the thing!

Those Germans don’t go down without a fight though. With 1 Health Point to go Schäfer musters up the strength to fire a frenzy of bullets at me. The first and only shots he’s fired the entire round...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41FF5F86-14AD-4F25-967C-EB776849CD8B.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	288589

KABOOM! Dead center kill shot. My Snipe explodes on the first shot taken and goes down in a ball of flames! Schäfer watched from above before recentering himself and limping his Fokker home.

You can’t make this stuff up lol. Just another reason I love this game. You never know what you’re gonna get! Every story is gonna be a little different. As I’m sure this has happened to others before me, it’s just a crazy situation when it happens to you.

Cheers
    Last edited by alpine; 06-13-2020 at 21:07.

This just goes to show the luck of the draw. Your Snipe should have won but .......

Ah the curse of the boom card ��

Most efficient shooting.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Just goes to prove you can't win 'em all !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

This is what make WoG so good for me.

I always feel in it. Other games can feel fleeting when you are losing.

that's the way it goes and yes that's why I play the game

Great write up. It happens.

I just got into this fun game in January. All my games to date have been against the Great Hajj, pre shutdown of course. So I have yet to win a single, and I still look forward to playing. The history. The look of the planes on the mats. Just great fun.

I've seen it happen too many times to count. You are never out of this game until you hit the ground.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

I know it's not related but similar. My Scarab tripod has yet to be killed with damage alone. I always pull two wounded pilots.

Similar Missions

1. Share YOUR sky with the community!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 14:57
  2. Do you share a birthday with a famous ace?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 13:58
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2015, 00:22
  4. I had to share this with you all
    By Blackronin in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 00:57
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 17:56