Ares Games

Thread: Pacific Theatre Preparations?

Default Pacific Theatre Preparations?

Whilst sequestered to sitting with legs elevated- read off my feet - I elected to do some sorting. My Japanese fleet aircraft have been languishing in several boxes and have been requesting consolidation. So here we go . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200613_104719.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	288584

Card sorting, chits bagged and the inventory list . . .

Name:	20200613_104726.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	288585

Just over a box full.

Name:	20200613_112519.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	288586

96 aircraft, now for the U.S. aircraft . . .

Nice! Don't know the timing, but we're working on getting some friends to join the party... Can't give details but some exciting stuff coming for Guadalcanal.

"Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver the other gold."
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Think I need to register my planes too some day...
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

You remind me this picture, David:

Name:	Commandos-2-Men-of-Courage-Torrent-Download.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	288590

My sweet fifteen...

Impressive!

After I realized that I wanted to collect WWI planes for real, I created my own catalog in Word. It contains a picture of the plane, description, pilot and unit, date acquired, quantity and general description such as “no box” ,“gimbal attached”, Ares plane # or Shapeways, etc. If it is a repaint, I add who painted it (as I haven’t yet done my first repaint). When I buy a plane, I just go ahead and enter it into my catalog before I leave my PC. That way when it arrives, I don’t have a chore to do.

I also have a section for planes that are destined to be repaints and a section full of research on repaints I’m interested in... see something interesting? Copy link, take screenshots and stuff them into the “Repaints I Want” section.

Then I emptied out an entire dresser from a guest room and am using the drawers to store my collection in the order it is listed in my catalog. I use the bottom drawer for game mats and boxes. Bombers and 2 seaters in one drawer and scouts in the rest. I only have 83 planes in my collection, but looks like I’ll have room for about 150 or so. Yes, I’m a bit of an organizational freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Impressive!

After I realized that I wanted to collect WWI planes for real, I created my own catalog in Word. It contains a picture of the plane, description, pilot and unit, date acquired, quantity and general description such as “no box” ,“gimbal attached”, Ares plane # or Shapeways, etc. If it is a repaint, I add who painted it (as I haven’t yet done my first repaint). When I buy a plane, I just go ahead and enter it into my catalog before I leave my PC. That way when it arrives, I don’t have a chore to do.

I also have a section for planes that are destined to be repaints and a section full of research on repaints I’m interested in... see something interesting? Copy link, take screenshots and stuff them into the “Repaints I Want” section.

Then I emptied out an entire dresser from a guest room and am using the drawers to store my collection in the order it is listed in my catalog. I use the bottom drawer for game mats and boxes. Bombers and 2 seaters in one drawer and scouts in the rest. I only have 83 planes in my collection, but looks like I’ll have room for about 150 or so. Yes, I’m a bit of an organizational freak.
    I wish I could be more organized...but not that organized! The spare room dresser is out right off the bat. SWMBO wouldn't take kindly to that. All my collection must be out of her living space, leaving me with my painting room, the basement or a shed when I get one.

That said (she better not read that), I'm impressed with Dave's Japanese Pacific air fleet. Something I aspire to. I have the planes but they are not all yet painted.

I'll soon need a new apartment

Similar Missions

1. So who is due to post the next Scenario for the Pacific Theatre?
    By gully_raker in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 07:22
  2. Pacific Theatre: Rennell Island Ambush
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 16:24
  3. AARs and Other Info for Marine Bomber Squadron 613 - Pacific Theatre
    By 7eat51 in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 03:27
  4. Pacific Theatre Resource - U.S. Naval Raids February and March 1942