Ares Games

Thread: WWII and Tripods

Default WWII and Tripods

We had a game last night using WWI planes and in a moment of inspiration (stupidity) I said we will have a replay next week at my place using WWII planes. We flew 6 WWI planes vs 2 Tripods last night, anyone got any ideas about how many WWII planes vs 2 Tripods? Hints and tips would be really appreciated.

Hey,

Did you play ww2 planes in the end?
    The planes are so powerful I can imagine it is almost a 1 on 1 situation.

If you look on the back page of the Invasion Rulebook (downloadable from the Ares website, if you do not have a copy, https://www.aresgames.eu/24409), there are a couple of WW2 Aircraft v.Tripod scenarios.

If you look up the points values of the aircraft from the WW2 points value list (available from https://www.aresgames.eu/19239), you can find other aircraft combinations of approximately the same value to change the scenarios and invent your own.

Played a game last year and I think we had a 2 (plane) to 1 (Martian) ratio. Teaticket (Peter was the one who ran the game so he can give advise on this.

In the WW2 game I ran I went with 2 planes per Tripod. I picked the early planes, no Mustangs, Thunderbolts, FW190s or 109Ks. Even without the more powerful planes the Tripods were still overwhelmed. With all the energy losses the WW2 planes inflict the Pods had their hands full just recharging. Next one I run will be 1.5:1.

I'll look over the ARES scenarios and see what the point values are and adjust my scenario.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

For WWI, I do 1.5:1. As per the hunted and hunters scenario. Based on that, I would think 1:1 for WWII. But I don't know the planes that well for that game.

Similar Missions

1. How many Tripods?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2019, 15:52
  2. Origins 2019 Tripods vs. Tripods
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 07:18
  3. The BBC goes 'Tripods and Triplanes' !!!!!
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 07:54
  4. Tripods across the Piave - how it went
    By Angiolillo in forum T&T: After Action Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 09:31
  5. National Tripods UK - Yay or Nay ?
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-18-2017, 23:10