Ares Games

Thread: FREEDOM !!!!

Default FREEDOM !!!!

N.Y. Governor Andrew Cuomo has loosened the stay at home orders for the state....accordingly we got out on a local trail to walk our dog (she was one happy pooch):

Name:  walk 1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  walk 2.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  133.7 KB

Name:  walk 3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  walk 4.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  139.2 KB

Looks like your trail is overgrown through lack of use.

I am lucky here in South Australia as our state never stopped dog walking provided social distancing was observed by the humans. I like to walk my dog twice a day.

Do not have a dog, but the wife and I have a LOT of cats. That causes it's own issues, like the being less then subtle in telling us to go away and give them some alone time. Or the fight over the chair that happens every day between my wife and our fat calico when she goes to work in the corner office I set up for her in the house. Then there is the whining at lunch time, mad minutes whenever they get bored and race around, or just plain dirty looks like only a cat can give you (though the wife does come close at times). Our escape here in Michigan has been working in the yard planting our garden and moving a LOT of Hosta to the shady side of the house after our neighbor cut down a tree shading that side of our house.

Congrats on walking the trails in NY, here in Michigan, I just want a decent haircut.

Are you sure that's New York?

There's not a skyscraper in sight!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

That looks a very pleasant park.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Are you sure that's New York?

There's not a skyscraper in sight!
    Tim,
    As hard as it is to believe, there is more to New York than New York City... We are about 90 miles north of the Big Apple....lots of farms, woods, and mountains up here in the Hudson Highlands. Come visit some time...
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by rolld6 View Post
    Congrats on walking the trails in NY, here in Michigan, I just want a decent haircut.
    I know the feeling....I'm starting to look like Jeremiah Johnson !

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    Tim,
    As hard as it is to believe, there is more to New York than New York City...
    I know!
    Just couldn't help myself

Come visit some time...
    One day, I just might...……...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Stunning place, am very jealous

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Chris, it's just a copy! Remember New York. You're the one who lives in original

Jokes aside, I remember how important was a walk in nature in "dark times" of maximum restrictions. Hearing bird singing I felt happy about peaceful of that place with no danger of virus. Bill, you chose tue best way to keep you sane. Crossing fingers for next steps

Very picturesque Bill.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

We are about 90 miles north of the Big Apple....lots of farms, woods, and mountains up here in the Hudson Highlands. Come visit some time...
    Bill
    And some nice lighthouses. Plus ORA.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    And some nice lighthouses. Plus ORA.
    Very true about the lighthouses -- some even act as Bed and Breakfasts as well -- I've attached a couple of photos of ones near me below. AS for Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, only the museum is open now, but it looks like they will begin flying again on July 1. My daughter usually takes me there for Father's Day to see the WW I dogfight air show....we'll have to celebrate in July:

https://oldrhinebeck.org/

Name:  Hudson River Lighthouses H.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  9.2 KB

Name:  hudson River Lighthouses 2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  6.5 KB

Name:  Hudson River Lighthouses 4.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  7.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Chris, it's just a copy! Remember New York. You're the one who lives in original

Jokes aside, I remember how important was a walk in nature in "dark times" of maximum restrictions. Hearing bird singing I felt happy about peaceful of that place with no danger of virus. Bill, you chose tue best way to keep you sane. Crossing fingers for next steps
    Thanks! For a while we were the hottest of hot spots in the world. New York seems to be "flattening the curve" while the rest of the country is still wrestling to get control of the pandemic. My fear is that with all the mass protests in the country the numbers of cases and deaths will skyrocket in early July.
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 06-07-2020 at 14:31. Reason: I am all thumbs....

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Stunning place, am very jealous
    Jealous? But you live in Yorkshire.....

Thanks! For a while we were the hottest of hot spots in the world. New York seems to be "flattening the curve" while the rest of the country is still wrestling to get control of the pandemic. My fear is that with all the mass protests in the country the numbers of cases and deaths will skyrocket in early July.
    You know the "enemy" now, maybe you'll fight it better next time
    I think we can learn much from WWII Brits: Keep calm and carry on (...it will be fine again!). And as I sad before: you did the best thing you could - spent time in nature, feeling life of trees, grass, hearing bird's voices. Far, far away from newspapers.

PS: I really didn't want to play Pandemic boardgame during last months... (despite the fact it is a perfect cooperation game).

as long as your governor stops forcing nursing homes to take coronavirus cases i think youll be ok.

Beautiful little stream, my Scouts would love to hike there!!!

Where are you in New York? I moved here last year...In Albany.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2019, 08:18
  2. Arsenal of Freedom flyover
    By Anav in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 11:30
  3. Mission 16: Priceless Freedom
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 15:27
  4. Replies: 3