Ares Games

Thread: Surfing B-52s

Ya gotta be TOUGH to fly the Heavies...

Last edited by Diamondback; 06-03-2020 at 17:08.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thank you for sharing this article about one of the B-52's less well known roles, Bill.

Woah. You gotta have big ones to fly the big ones like that!

do you have the right STUFF to fly a BUFF?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    do you have the right STUFF to fly a BUFF?
    I was medically ineligible for flight training, but I HAVE left-seat "ground school" BUFF time--when I crashed the 50th Birthday party a handful of old retired Colonels took me under their collective wing, got me into the local museum's D-model and gave me as much checkout as they could on an unpowered and permanently deactivated bird. And then, you shoulda heard the swearing from a retired fighter-pilot prof when we loaded a sim up, created a "Dale Brown Special" for it and he watched me scratch an entire squadron of Super Hornets in one volley from outside their own weapons range... Phoenix missiles are truly a gift it's better to give than receive.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. surfing in kansas
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 21:04