Thread: Where do we go from here?

Default Where do we go from here?

Is there any scope for the further development of this expansion? There could be some rule tweaks but would people want to buy new Martian models? Would people like to see Martian flying machines, for example? What do you all think?

I would love to see the 1950's flying machines! That would be awesome. Not sure how the license would work with that.

I would love to see some Martian flying machines!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

I would buy stronger tripods.

I liked the funky movement of the cuttlefish. Give me more of that.

This game gets attention. Or it did before lockdown. It is hard to pass the table without asking questions about those beautiful minis.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    I would love to see the 1950's flying machines! That would be awesome. Not sure how the license would work with that.
    Then we need YB-49's for WGS...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

I think any further advancement would have to be much later - possibly adding to the WGS rules, although I would think Korean War era jets would be better against Martian flying machines.

I'd much rather have Ares finish their WGS PTO promises before adding more to this 'novelty' line of product.

I did buy the starter set and two of each tripod and extra accessories, but they haven't seen any gaming time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I think any further advancement would have to be much later - possibly adding to the WGS rules, although I would think Korean War era jets would be better against Martian flying machines.

I'd much rather have Ares finish their WGS PTO promises before adding more to this 'novelty' line of product.

I did buy the starter set and two of each tripod and extra accessories, but they haven't seen any gaming time yet.
    Be patient, *we're* working on it--I've already shot them enough data on Cactus AF/AirSols to make your eyes glaze over and even that's barely scratching the surface. I'm gonna be surprised if it's even ready for delivery as early as this time next year, but I can confirm some really exciting stuff is in their roadmap and if they go with the expanded version I suggested there'll be a bit more.

Give this old thread a read for what the view from the inside is like: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...rom-the-inside
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

Not played this in a while, not necessarily a fan favourite. If they expand it I'd be surprised; if they did I'd like to see more aircraft to go along with the Martian elements. SPAD XII perhaps, some different triplanes, Pfalz Dr1, maybe some less successful/prototype ones - Nieuport, Albatros as well as (corrected) Sopwith's and other types that didn't quite make it to production, like the AFB-1.

"He is wise who watches"

I will have to reset my patience meter. Lockdown has gotten me rabid for some games.

Well I think the game needs tweaks. I went crazy and bought the set and all the tripods. The game however went stale really quickly at the club. People were dissatisfied with how weak the tripods were and how unbalanced things seemed to be sometimes, especially with the energy mechanic and heat rays. I have said plenty about my problems with the game in different threads but would love the game to get popular again at the club as I love the concept and models.

I'd like to see Entente and CP diesel-punk mechs where the two sides have managed to use Alien tech to create their own walkers. Kind of a spin off. Say Martians have been killed by cold virus, yet instead of peace both sides continue where they left off before being interrupted, however now have Alien tech too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    I'd like to see Entente and CP diesel-punk mechs where the two sides have managed to use Alien tech to create their own walkers. Kind of a spin off. Say Martians have been killed by cold virus, yet instead of peace both sides continue where they left off before being interrupted, however now have Alien tech too.
    That's a great idea. Even if the Martians stay in play as a third faction, this would be a great direction to take T&T and get really inventive with the game system. Hmm, might be a fun side project to design...

Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    That's a great idea. Even if the Martians stay in play as a third faction, this would be a great direction to take T&T and get really inventive with the game system. Hmm, might be a fun side project to design...
    Sounds a bit like my 'Scythe' board game!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Sounds a bit like my 'Scythe' board game!
    That's exactly what I was thinking! For those that aren't familiar, here's some Rozalski's artwork, that Scythe was built around:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jakub-rozalski-1920-scythe-finall-27art.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	290867

If you start with the conceit that the technological advantages of the martian war machines are built upon their power generation systems, and that the heft of such systems prevent flight, it becomes a quick hand wavey way to explain why humanity is building mechs rather than upgrading their air forces.

The is/was a game called 'All Quiet on the Martian Front' with models like these:

Name:	db0a993a9033fb641234274a6ada2810_large.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	290869

Or check out the War of the Worlds: Goliath movie
    https://waroftheworlds.fandom.com/wi...orlds:_Goliath
    Some neat planes looking for a shapeways designer

Name:	Goliath valkyrie 1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	290879

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus