Ares Games

Thread: How to differentiate between 2 different tripods

Default How to differentiate between 2 different tripods

I am planning a scenario that will use two tripods of the same mark (in this case 2 mark IVs) and am interested in how others differentiate between them on the table - coloured counters on the bases and cockpits? Alphabetic labels on the bases and cockpits? Or…?

I use colored adhesive dots for any scenario with multiple vehicles using the same stand, even if the markings on the plane are different.

Example: www.staples.ca - Avery Removable Colour Coding Labels 1/4" assorted

I put one dot on the stand, one on the cockpit, and one on the plane card. It works for up to four vehicles at a time. If you have more, numbers are written on the dots.

PS: I ran a convention scenario for the Battle of Britain, with three He-111s, eight Me-109s, eight Hurricanes and four Spitfires. The coloured dots were essential.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I use colored adhesive dots for any scenario with multiple vehicles using the same stand, even if the markings on the plane are different.

Example: www.staples.ca - Avery Removable Colour Coding Labels 1/4" assorted

I put one dot on the stand, one on the cockpit, and one on the plane card. It works for up to four vehicles at a time. If you have more, numbers are written on the dots.

PS: I ran a convention scenario for the Battle of Britain, with three He-111s, eight Me-109s, eight Hurricanes and four Spitfires. The coloured dots were essential.
    Are the coloured dots able to be removed without damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Are the coloured dots able to be removed without damage?
    The Avery one I have are low-tack. I tried them on plain paper, and they were removable, leaving no adhesive residue. So, for coated cards and plastic stands, they are great. Check anything you acquire by putting them on plain paper and trying to remove them. I actually reuse mine, from convention to convention, and some of my WGS cockpits are just printed paper, where I changed dots without issues.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    The Avery one I have are low-tack. I tried them on plain paper, and they were removable, leaving no adhesive residue. So, for coated cards and plastic stands, they are great. Check anything you acquire by putting them on plain paper and trying to remove them. I actually reuse mine, from convention to convention, and some of my WGS cockpits are just printed paper, where I changed dots without issues.
    Thanks Mike. A quick trip to Office Works coming up!

Wayne I have some coloured dots I can bring to our game tonight if you like.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I was out and about today so swung past and grabbed some.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2022, 03:44
  2. How many Tripods?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2019, 15:52
  3. Origins 2019 Tripods vs. Tripods
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 07:18
  4. The BBC goes 'Tripods and Triplanes' !!!!!
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 07:54
  5. National Tripods UK - Yay or Nay ?
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-18-2017, 23:10