Thread: Where do we go from here?

Default Where do we go from here?

Is there any scope for the further development of this expansion? There could be some rule tweaks but would people want to buy new Martian models? Would people like to see Martian flying machines, for example? What do you all think?

I would love to see the 1950's flying machines! That would be awesome. Not sure how the license would work with that.

I would love to see some Martian flying machines!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

I would buy stronger tripods.

I liked the funky movement of the cuttlefish. Give me more of that.

This game gets attention. Or it did before lockdown. It is hard to pass the table without asking questions about those beautiful minis.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    I would love to see the 1950's flying machines! That would be awesome. Not sure how the license would work with that.
    Then we need YB-49's for WGS...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

I think any further advancement would have to be much later - possibly adding to the WGS rules, although I would think Korean War era jets would be better against Martian flying machines.

I'd much rather have Ares finish their WGS PTO promises before adding more to this 'novelty' line of product.

I did buy the starter set and two of each tripod and extra accessories, but they haven't seen any gaming time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I think any further advancement would have to be much later - possibly adding to the WGS rules, although I would think Korean War era jets would be better against Martian flying machines.

I'd much rather have Ares finish their WGS PTO promises before adding more to this 'novelty' line of product.

I did buy the starter set and two of each tripod and extra accessories, but they haven't seen any gaming time yet.
    Be patient, *we're* working on it--I've already shot them enough data on Cactus AF/AirSols to make your eyes glaze over and even that's barely scratching the surface. I'm gonna be surprised if it's even ready for delivery as early as this time next year, but I can confirm some really exciting stuff is in their roadmap and if they go with the expanded version I suggested there'll be a bit more.

Give this old thread a read for what the view from the inside is like: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...rom-the-inside
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

Not played this in a while, not necessarily a fan favourite. If they expand it I'd be surprised; if they did I'd like to see more aircraft to go along with the Martian elements. SPAD XII perhaps, some different triplanes, Pfalz Dr1, maybe some less successful/prototype ones - Nieuport, Albatros as well as (corrected) Sopwith's and other types that didn't quite make it to production, like the AFB-1.

"He is wise who watches"

I will have to reset my patience meter. Lockdown has gotten me rabid for some games.

Well I think the game needs tweaks. I went crazy and bought the set and all the tripods. The game however went stale really quickly at the club. People were dissatisfied with how weak the tripods were and how unbalanced things seemed to be sometimes, especially with the energy mechanic and heat rays. I have said plenty about my problems with the game in different threads but would love the game to get popular again at the club as I love the concept and models.