Ares Games

Thread: Any upcoming info

Default Any upcoming info

Does anyone have any information on new releases? Dates?

Welcome to the Aerodrome, David, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom.

Ares have said that they will be releasing models of the Colonial Vipers and Cylon Raiders from the original Battlestar Galactica t.v. series (the one with Lorne Greene, Dirk Benedict and a young Richard Hatch) at some point in the future but they have not said exactly when.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

Maybe that's the only way we will get the rest of the rules is in a new starter? I don't really need more Fighters/Apolo's but if it's the only way I can enjoy the other half of the game... BSG is starting to feel like a video game that's in beta and the development has been paused. At this rate we may not get anything for Battlestar Galactica this year.
    Last edited by MajorBorris; 06-05-2020 at 11:57.

Hmmm... I wonder if BSG is running into WoG issues. Ares might have budgeted a certain amount of cash to start the line, and now needs to sell enough product to free up funds for the next release. So, if a majority of the Starter Sets and a lot of the Mk VIIs aren't sold, Ares won't be doing the next release soon.

Remember they were also putting effort into other designs, like the big ships (Galactica and a Base Star?). I don't know where that has gotten to, perhaps not even past the drawing board stage. If they are doing any work on that release, it would suck up a big chunk of their budget, even if they went for 1/3000 scale models.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 06-07-2020 at 11:20.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Still waiting for any informations about the big ships...
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

The rules expansion and the Battle Stars are what's needed to add the depth but it appears both have been put on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder if BSG is running into WoG issues. Ares might have budgeted a certain amount of cash to start the line, and now needs to sell enough product to free up funds for the next release. So, if a majority of the Starter Sets and a lot of the Mk VIIs aren't sold, Ares won't be doing the next release soon.

Remember they were also putting effort into other designs, like the big ships (Galactica and a Base Star?). I don't know were that has gotten to, if even past the drawing board stage. If they are doing any work on that release, it would suck up a big chunk of their budget, even if they went for 1/3000 scale models.
    If they don't want to take a financial risk on the larger ships they could go Kickstarter like with the WWI giants.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

Anything would help but we can't even get a cardboard copy of a Battlestar and even that is starting to feel like wishful thinking now

My wish was a standart Ares Games gaming mat with parts of a battlestar.

Like the scenarios in the booklet.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

One of my knocks on X-Wing was that so much content was released that I couldn't keep up LOL imagine if wings of Glory was really called Newport versus Fokker with few tangible differences between the two and bombers with bomb rules in perpetual to be released soon mode. With so many typos and even forgotten equipment my mind is boggled with how much money I spent on my entire collection(one of everything and 2 starters$500)when I should have just bought 1 starter and been done with it. Now I hope my opinion changes because I really like the models and have hope for the rules but it's fading and looking back I'll never Dive In headfirst again.

Now that it's so much easier to look at the missteps then the future I kind of wonder what went wrong.

1 Lack of engagement from Ares

2 Captured ships with no compelling reason to exist for $50

3 Maneuver deck/card typos...seriously it's like someone who doesn't play the game checked them. Not including Auto cannons on the Raider veteran was a heartbreaker and they never said anything

4 Ships released with incomplete rules

5 No tokens or pegs unless you buy another starter

6 No planned content on the official website

Doesn't seem like much but what is it that has all but silenced players?
    Last edited by MajorBorris; 06-07-2020 at 11:55.

I really like the movement system, drifting and such. But when it comes to Ares and lines like this I would not count on engagement or then keeping their commitments.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    My wish was a standart Ares Games gaming mat with parts of a battlestar.

Like the scenarios in the booklet.

I agree this is the route. Mats with Big Ships would've made logical sense to me. And you could include little cards for targets with the mats. So simple. And they already know their mats sell. I mean, I have two mats for WoG and I can only fit one on my table at a time.

Even the Sails of Glory mat sells and it is blue with some lines.

We REALLY need the missile rules!

Everything else can wait a bit (as far as I'm concerned) but not for too long - I see quite a bit of interest in this game (MUCH more than Tripods), and without a central 'Push' from Ares I fear it will wither on the vine.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Has anyone tried out this graphic?

BSG Hangar Bay - Scenario Mat
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. Possible Upcoming Rules!
    By Rory in forum BSG: Rules Help/Stats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2019, 01:30
  2. Trailer for upcoming AAR.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 07:16
  3. Upcoming Ospreys
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5