Ares Games

Thread: In For A Tenner !

Default In For A Tenner !

Please join me for a socially distanced pint or three in the Mess as I celebrate being part of this wonderful worldwide community for the last ten years.

Like many others it's through this site that I've had the opportunity to meet some really great people in the ether, as well as in person, that I would not have met, or, gamed with otherwise. Sadly we've lost a few on the way and I treasure the moments in time we had.
    So a big thankyou to Keith for providing us with the chance to do that and providing me with the opportunity to attend Origins in 2018.

Thanks to all who have contributed to my experience here directly or indirectly, be it models, decals, cards, ideas, OTT, encouragement, wisdom, REP (5,130 today), you make this site what it is.

So drink hearty and fly high - none of which is recommended by the CAA/FAA !

Cheers all, Dave

"He is wise who watches"

And a big thank YOU Dave for all the help and advice that you have offered back to this community.

I finished my ten year stretch in March this year but missed it with all the Corona nonsense going on. So I'll join you in a pint or three to celebrate our joint achievement.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Congratulations mate. Will down a few after work. I'll pour yours as well but unfortunately I'll have to drink it as well as mine.

Worthy of a salute of either kind.

10 years!

And no time off for good behaviour?

Deffo need to hoist a few tonight in your honour - and Guntruck's as well...…………..

this could get messy...…………………….
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Congratulations!! Well said, I agree with everything you said about the friendly, helpful members in the Aerodrome community. I raise my morning iced tea to you, and salute!

Congratulations, Dave, for "10 years you won't get back" but probably would not trade for the life of you if you could!
    Thanks for all you do around the site, as especially for all your efforts with Over the Trenches and helping users find things in the maze of files and posts.
    As I have said before, it was reading your AARs 5 years ago that finally dragged me in from the fringes.

So here's to you with a virtual pint to be followed up by a real one (or two) later today after work.

Well said Dave. Thanks for sticking to it for 10 years! Your contributions here are priceless.

Well done Dave. I am coming up on my 9th so not far behind.

A pair of tens on the bar; can't refuse that
    Here's to you both
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

raise a glass or three to you thanks for everything. Ten more???

TEN YEARS !!! Blimey, that is indeed durability. I think a drink or several is in order. Cheers Dave

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Congratulations flash and guntruck! You are pillars of the Drome!

Thumbs up

Congratulations Dave on your 10 year Stretch at the Front.(And Guntrucks as well)
    Proud to join you both at the Officers Mess Bar to celebrate your achievement not to mention all the super work you put in making the OTT Solo campaigns work.

Never met in person so far Dave, but never say never.

Thanks very much for your steady contributions, solo campaign organisation, statistics, repaints, LL action and the many many other things you did & do here.

So „Cheers“ - dear Engländer!

Greetings from the Eastern side of the Western front.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Cheers chaps - and one for Gunners too - Huzzah !

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Flight in a Spitfire for a tenner?
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2020, 10:59