Ares Games

Thread: SPAD XII

Default SPAD XII

I've been looking at getting a SPAD XII. Can anyone recommend which is the best model? I'm looking for the one with the 37mm.

The cannon was buried in the nose, firing through the prop hub so is not in any way visible - any Shapeways XII will do nicely.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The measurements a bit different, but the SPAD XIII looks just like a XII. The difference is 1 MG not 2 on the XII. So if you have a spare Ares SPAD XIII, and can mos the MGs, your set
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

If you go Karl's route Mark check out this thread - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-a-SPAD-12Ca-1
    The pics have gone but the instructions are clear enough.
    I used them for my SPAD XIII conversion - I have to say a Shapeways one would be correct size, shape & less work but using an existing model gives you the base & pegs - then you just need an S deck. Made mine from a spare WoW B deck.

"He is wise who watches"

Does the deck of the Spad XII being a S deck come from the Vanilla rules (of T&T ?) or is it a house rule ?
    What's the difference between the S deck (that I don't know) and the B deck of the Spad VII ?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Piaf View Post
    Does the deck of the Spad XII being a S deck come from the Vanilla rules (of T&T ?) or is it a house rule ?
    What's the difference between the S deck (that I don't know) and the B deck of the Spad VII ?
    The only difference is the B deck has 3 side slips in each direction while the S deck only has 2. Same speed. S deck came with the Bristol Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    The only difference is the B deck has 3 side slips in each direction while the S deck only has 2. Same speed. S deck came with the Bristol Fighter
    Thank you very much for the clarification

Similar Missions

1. WSF Spad XI The even more fun Spad!
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 03:56
  2. Converting a SPAD 13C.1 into a SPAD 12Ca.1
    By Baldrick62 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 09:59
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 06:16