Ares Games

Thread: Paint differences between the originals and reprints

Default Paint differences between the originals and reprints

I hadn't purchased the Kempf DR.I reprint because I already own one of the original releases. I just noticed that there is a variation in the paint scheme. Time for me to pick up a new Kempf DR.I for my collection. I believe the MvR Dr.I came in 3 variations, and the Nungesser Neiuport 17's had slight variations too. Are there any other reprints that have minor paint scheme variations between the original release, and any subsequent releases of that same plane/pilot?

Holtzem's Pfalz D.III reprint has a different paint scheme variation from the original release too.

At least one of the wing shades changed colour on the SPAD XIII "Rickenbacker" mini, and the new "Fonck" SPAD XIII is much more ''brown' and less 'green' than the Nexus one.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The Weber Albatros DVa is also slightly different. The new version has a 4 color lozenge compared to the original with a 5 color. The original also had a totally white rudder where the new version's rudder has decals leaving a black edge.

What I have noticed is that there is a small difference between all of the Nexus to the Reprints under Ares. A lot of the them it is just a different shade or it could be The shape and or size of the decals. Take the Albatros DVa Baumer Nexus has a larger tail Cross, the paint is a more flat in color and the flower decal has more Green in it. It is kinda neat to pull them out and look for the differences.
    Last edited by mikejr74; 05-24-2020 at 15:55.

On pictures, WOG mini on left, WOW mini on right.

As you have already noticed, the WOG Nungesser Nieuport has a more accurate upper wing camo with 2 colors and not a single colour.

Name:  765A730C-72F1-418E-9A11-F996AB34DEDA.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  65.7 KB

One the best painting improvement on the WOG RAF RE.8 : engine is iron coloured and all struts are brown.

Name:  43D0505D-ECBF-4EF1-9205-0857B5CABC75.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  67.0 KB

Better decal adjustment on the WOG UFAG C.I fuselage.

Name:  35AC3657-8848-44A9-929F-3F9DA6C074F7.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  80.2 KB

So the Nexus models were not always the best.

You have to think about the different manufacturers. The most recent produced planes do not have the same manufacturer as the nexus planes. You will get color variations just for that. Heck, I cannot even find paints to match a good portion of the releases. My main complaint about the new releases compared to the older is the quality of the decal application. The newer ones could have use a bit more love when applying the decals. A lot of folded and wrinkled spots. I don't see much of that in the older releases.

As for the UFAG, i would pick the WoW one. Less shiny fringes.
    I would pick the WoW Nieuport for the same reason.
    On the other hand, old Harry by Ares is one of the best looking aircraft in the game.

Similar Missions

1. Differences in plane subtypes?
    By Stealth7 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-21-2019, 14:16
  2. Easy read maneuver deck differences
    By john snelling in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2018, 05:52
  3. Differences in pilots per air frame?
    By Combat wombat in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 08:40
  4. Rules & Accessories Pack - the differences
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 04:42
  5. WGF Hardest Builds & paint - Easyest Build & paint.
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 00:07