Ares Games

Thread: Need just a few more to finish the collection

Default Need just a few more to finish the collection

Hey all, long time no see! I used to be pretty active around here, but life got in the way. Came back to this glorious game because of the quarantine and came down with a totally different, yet familiar sickness. Was doing some inventory and just wanted to see if I could fill in some missing pieces from the collection. Looking for:

I can't believe I'm saying this... COLLECTION COMPLETE! WOW!
    Last edited by alpine; 12-26-2020 at 21:44.

Updated list! I should have 2 from the list showing up sometime soon, only 5 left to go! Thanks everyone

Nothing should be perfect including collections.

What are you going to do if you complete yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Nothing should be perfect including collections.

What are you going to do if you complete yours?
    Not sure if it'll be possible, but I haven't thought of it. I'm sure it'll be a bittersweet day. The chase is half the fun!

alpine,

here are pictures of the two handpainted balloons. One of them has a stand (from Oberst Hajj), the other does not yet have one. I decaled neither of them so we could use them for both sides as necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1693.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	288288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	288289

Quote Originally Posted by tusekine View Post
    alpine,

here are pictures of the two handpainted balloons. One of them has a stand (from Oberst Hajj), the other does not yet have one. I decaled neither of them so we could use them for both sides as necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1693.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	288288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	288289
    Those are awesome! Message coming

Updated list again! Basically all WWI planes done (can't believe I'm saying that) pending a few arrivals. Just a few more WWII left as well.

Big thanks to clipper1801 and sctodd for helping me get a few I was looking for. Major help gentlemen, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Updated list again! Basically all WWI planes done (can't believe I'm saying that) pending a few arrivals. Just a few more WWII left as well.

Big thanks to clipper1801 and sctodd for helping me get a few I was looking for. Major help gentlemen, much appreciated!
    Congrats, that's a nice collecting milestone! I keep telling myself that I'm going to stick to a carefully curated list of planes, but...

Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    Congrats, that's a nice collecting milestone! I keep telling myself that I'm going to stick to a carefully curated list of planes, but...
    I know exactly what you mean Chris. My carefully curated list had 10 planes added to it and I now know it's a carefully curated list - but: eek: there is always that but lurking

Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    As someone who just put a boat load of planes up for sale, I can promise you that a collection is never done...the fun is in finding and cherishing your planes

Exactly! Even after finishing my official collection I couldn’t help but snag up some of your repaints. Now I need to finish my own Shapeways I’ve started.

Hey all, long time no see! I used to be pretty active around here, but life got in the way. Came back to this glorious game because of the quarantine and came down with a totally different, yet familiar sickness. Was doing some inventory and just wanted to see if I could fill in some missing pieces from the collection. Looking for:

WWI:
    Special - Yellow Balloon set (worth a shot)

WWII:
    Series 3 - P40E - (David Lee "Tex" Hill)
    Special - H-3 - Stab./KG53 (Battle of Britain camouflage)

PENDING ARRIVAL:
    Series 4 - Rumpler C.IV (Blue/Green camo)
    Series 4 - SE5a (Boudwin)
    Special - B-25B - James H. Dollittle (Pacific camouflage, 1942)

Boxes they came with are a plus but not completely necessary.

Just those few and my collection should be complete! I know there are a few of these on eBay, but just wanted to check the headquarters first. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    If you are missing any boxes for WGF let me know I may be able to help, I kept all mine but don’t use them

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Perfect! I know there are a few that I would like boxes for. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tusekine View Post
    As someone who just put a boat load of planes up for sale, I can promise you that a collection is never done...the fun is in finding and cherishing your planes
    Hah, I'm blaming your boat load of planes for sale for throwing my carefully curated list out the window this week.

It's not my fault! The planes made me do it.

Used that excuse myself many times when I came home with my bags full...

Updated list again!

Thank you Anthony (tusekine) for the recent airdrop! Beautiful planes and balloons, sir!

Just had to update the list. Only piece missing from my collection now is the Yellow Balloon Set. Can't believe I was able to score the Heinkel and P-40 from eBay!

SEARCH OVER! I've finally completed the puzzle! Got the Yellow Balloon set today which was the last item I needed for my collection. I can't believe it, thanks everyone!

Congrats! A very difficult thing to do right now!

Thumbs up

Congratulations & well done.

I can't believe I'm saying this... COLLECTION COMPLETE! WOW!
    Congrats. I’m amazed, envious - and I have no intention of duplicating your feat. The most I have paid for an individual plane is the Zeppelin-Staaken ($35), and I’m just not willing to put out the big bucks to get any specific plane. But I am on the verge of getting my minimum goal of at least two of each plane (with some a lot more, of course), and at least one of each of the giants. I’ll be reasonably pleased with that modest goal.

Photo? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Congrats. I’m amazed, envious - and I have no intention of duplicating your feat. The most I have paid for an individual plane is the Zeppelin-Staaken ($35), and I’m just not willing to put out the big bucks to get any specific plane. But I am on the verge of getting my minimum goal of at least two of each plane (with some a lot more, of course), and at least one of each of the giants. I’ll be reasonably pleased with that modest goal.

Photo? ;-)
    Thank you! Trust me, the last piece to the puzzle was a little bit more than I wanted to spend, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. The only reason I was able to compete it without going bankrupt, was due to the luck of getting into this game early. I will have to get updated pics soon!

SEARCH OVER! I've finally completed the puzzle! Got the Yellow Balloon set today which was the last item I needed for my collection. I can't believe it, thanks everyone!
    You know that we NEED a photo, right?

Congrats!!

Congrats to you Michael, mission accomplished.

"He is wise who watches"

Well done that. Hope it didn't cost the proverbial arm and leg, paid through the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Hope it didn't cost the proverbial arm and leg, paid through the nose.
    Ouch!

Congratulations, Michael!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Well done Michael. Now onto the next list

Similar Missions

1. WSF A New Finish?
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 02:24
  2. WGF Finish's
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 08:41
  3. My projects to finish before Febuary 3rd!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 12:36
  4. Shapeways finish determination
    By Pooh in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 17:51
  5. Shapeways Finish Question?
    By gully_raker in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 21:53