Watched a good DVD lately?

• , 15:02

1. As a member of Amazon's unfortunately named, 'Love Films', I thought I would search on WWI documentary's. Nearly missed a gem as it was wrongly titled, 'Fighting Aircraft of WW2' when the 90 minute DVD is all about the fighting aircraft of WWI.
    Thereis a good mix of western front action through out with plenty of original footage, air to air and present day replica's. Most types appear to be represented with footage of airships, blimps and ground artilary.

Good points:

Continuous action, no interviews, continuous narration
    Very informative
    Lots of original footage I have not previously seen
    Its got WWI aircraft in it....lol

Bad points:

Music throughout which is a bit lout and annoying
    Maybe too much airtime given to the replica of the Baron's Dr1
    Quite a bit of movie clips but pretty well edited

Well worth renting from Love Films or treating yourself to a early Christmas
    present.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FIGHTING-AIR.../dp/B001EILLVE

Needles
    Edit Report
  2. Flying Officer Kyte - 12-18-2010, 08:22
    Looks like a good one to get. Thanks for the heads up. I'll add it to my wish list, as I'm all overspent for Christmas.
    Rob.
    Edit Report
  3. Boney10 - 12-20-2010, 22:55
    Hmm ta for that Ill have to have a look see
  4. Boney10 - 12-27-2010, 13:59
    Got a copy of this and I really enjoyed it. Amazon selling for £6.99, some nice video also some lovely re-constructed aircraft in full colour. For me well worth it
  5. Flying Officer Kyte - 12-27-2010, 19:54
    Just ordered it on the strength of that recomendation. Thanks chaps.
    Rob.
    Edit Report
  6. Schwerpunkt - 12-29-2010, 08:43
    I did receive a copy of Hell's Angels for Christmas but haven't yet had the chance to watch it. Have been foolishly looking for a time when there would be no house guest, noisy children or requests to help with things.
  7. Flying Officer Kyte - 12-30-2010, 12:02
    Arrived this morning, so will look at it tomorrow before the New Year party starts. Not a bad return from Amazon for once.
    Rob.
    Edit Report
  8. Boney10 - 01-03-2011, 16:54
    Hi Winco, whats your verdict on the DVD did you enjoy?
  9. Flying Officer Kyte - 01-04-2011, 09:47
    I agree with you about the music drowning out some of the commentary. Also that damned Red Focker figured far too much. You would think that the Allies had no Aces. Other than that, a spiffing show. Lots of new pictures which I kept on freeze framing to get a better look. It was edited a lot better than most of these Histodocs we get. The lack of some pontificating old History Proff was not missed in the least.
    All in all a DVD well worth the money.
    Rob.
    Edit Report

Moderation Tools (0)
  • Delete Messages
  • Approve Messages
  • Unapprove Messages

+ Reply