Ares Games
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

Things might have been different, had I been able to put my armorer in front of the firing squad.
    For some reason, that keeps not working...

Hello everyone.

I will be hosting another game on Thursday at 7 pm est. Please let me know if you want to join the flying. I will also be streaming to YouTube if you just want to watch. I will post the link around 7 here.

I have been busy with improving the audio quality of my feeds. I have incorporated a few new graphics for the game. I hope everyone enjoys the feeds.

Mike

I'm in. Always up for a good game!

As always I am in. New graphics. Maybe a smoke one.

"Jumped"

The German's are taking a few airplanes home for replacement. Along the way they are jumped by the French! Will the Germans make it Back?? Or will the French take the day?? Tune in to YouTube tonight @7pm est to find out. (link will be provided here at 7pm) Anyone who want to join in the fun should message me for more information.

Mike,

Always a good time and very much looking forward to it!

John

Quote Originally Posted by mikejr74 View Post
    "Jumped"

The German's are taking a few airplanes home for replacement. Along the way they are jumped by the French! Will the Germans make it Back?? Or will the French take the day?? Tune in to YouTube tonight @7pm est to find out. (link will be provided here at 7pm) Anyone who want to join in the fun should message me for more information.

here is this weeks YouTube Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyl1Zmm8pI8

Happy Viewing

mike

here is this weeks YouTube Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyl1Zmm8pI8

Happy Viewing

mike
    Names vs handles!

Finish the game tonight. First I have to thank the guys for their understanding with me for all the trouble I had tonight. I struggled throughout the whole game but managed to still get my plane up, flying and getting in some shots. Again a great game with new graphics. Again a big THANKS to all tonight.

Tonight's battle was a flight of older German aircraft heading back to the depot and get jumped by a flight of SPAD XIIIs.

Pilots records are as follows:

Entente Eagles
    Bob Returned to base with 13 damage/14 damage cards
    Ray Returned to base 11/7 1 kill
    John 6/7 1 kill
    Chris returned to base 8/8

Kaiser's Picklehaubs
    Dan returned to base unscathed!! 0/0
    Sam returned to base 8/3
    Peter shot down with double fire 5/4
    re-spawn, returned to base 4/4
    Mike shot down 19/9 engine damage
    re-spawn, trapped by Entente- presumably shot down 13/4 engine damage

The damage cards were not kind to the Kaiser's boys tonight. Especially Mike!
    Last edited by Teaticket; 07-23-2020 at 21:02.

Thanks again Mike for another game well run game and a blast. Good to see all the regulars again and Chris joining in for his first and hopefully many flights with us.

Thanks to everyone who played tonight! I would like to welcome malachi (chris) to the group. I hope you had a good time! I would like to thank Teaticket for his help with Dealing out the damage! And Thank You to Dan John Zen,Ray and Bob, Without you guys I would not have a game to play!

Next weeks game is a Zeppelin Raid. I Breaking out a one of my favorites for this one. The game is open for anyone who want to play!

Thanks Again Everyone

Mike
    Last edited by mikejr74; 07-23-2020 at 20:55.

Thanks to everyone who played tonight! I would like to welcome driph (chris) to the group. I hope you had a good time! I would like to thank Teaticket for his help with Dealing out the damage! And Thank You to Dan John Zen,Ray and Bob, Without you guys I would not have a game to play!

Next weeks game is a Zeppelin Raid. I Breaking out a one of my favorites for this one. The game is open for anyone who want to play!

Thanks Again Everyone

Mike
    Mike,

Thank you to you for hosting tonight's game and for Peter's support in dealing out the damage cards. It was a fun game and a good match up! Looking forward to facing off with the Zeppelin.

Best regards,

Ray

Great game Mike and Peter! Everything went smoothly, and thanks for initiating me. Hilarious bunch of guys, had a fun time Hope to be there to put some holes in that zeppelin next time!

Wonderful game! Mike, thanks yet again for setting all this up. Thanks everyone for a fun and well played game!

Problem fixed from last night so looking forward to next weeks game. All will be good then.

It was another outstanding evening of flying, fun and fubar! Mike thank you again for all you do and Pete for a smooth operation on the damage decks. Bob, glad you worked through the tech issues, as we said glad you stayed with it last night sir. I am very much looking forward to the Zeppelin scenario next Thu night.

Cheers

John

Another great game, and thanks again to Mike for hosting.

I know this is really early for me to put out but......

RAIDED!!

A Zeppelin has just bombed the nearby industrial complex. You scramble to a plane, not even sure if it is yours, chase down the Menace and exact some revenge before it gets away!

This is open to anyone who wants to give it a go, I just need to know who you are!

Game time is 7pm est on Thursday the 30th
    Zoom is up @630pm and the YouTube Channel is up at 7pm.

I’m in as well!

Ray

Good Morning

Name:  Zep Promo.png
Views: 436
Size:  569.9 KB

There is still time if you want to join tonight's game!! PM me for more information. For those who just want to watch live the YouTube link will be posted here around 7pm est.

Best of Luck See everyone Tonight
    Last edited by mikejr74; 07-30-2020 at 05:50.

Things are all ready for tonight. Look forward to the game and seeing everyone again.

I'm working late tonight but I'll have the stream up for the game. Thanks for hosting!

*THAT* was a lot of fun. Great set-up and scenario, Mike.

Well that was FUN!

Big round of thanks to Mike and Peter for all the work they put into the game. That Zeppelin was one tough hombre! You've got a good scenario that feels pretty balanced. It would make a solid convention game.

Ray

Great game and good friends. As Ray said many thanks to Mike and Peter for the work to let us all have a good time.

Thanks to everyone! Great game and lots of fun. I really enjoyed it!

Thanks Mike for another enjoyable evening at your table and everyone for joining in to take down the beast!

Such a good time, and fun scenario!

The avg life of a pilot at the front was about 3 weeks? So I expect next week my luck will run out.

That was a huge amount of fun. It has to be my favorite scenario to play/host. Every time I play it's a different result. It would not have been possible without Peter's help with dealing damage and taking care of all of the special rules I have for the Zeppelin. He kept me in the dark until the very end. Totally awesome! Zen, Bob, John, Chris, Ray, and Dan were awesome and we had a blast! �� I can't wait until next Thursday night and the fur all that we are going to have!
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Thanks Mike for another enjoyable evening at your table and everyone for joining in to take down the beast!
    Who got the final blow?
    Had to leave before it ended.
    Looked like you guys were having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Who got the final blow?
    Had to leave before it ended.
    Looked like you guys were having a blast.
    This video is still there and you can pick up where you had to leave. I don't want to spoil it for those who want to watch the replay of it. The link will take you right there.
    Happy viewing!!

The final shot was by 6 planes giving 7 cards of damage to the Zeppelin. I shot a '0' so didn't help and was gifted with a fire in return that ended up downing me. I don't remember who but one other pilot, #5 in the line of shooting, also missed. 4 pilots actually got hits but all 5 shared in taking down the Zep. Sort of like a firing squad as we don't know who else had the blank so everyone that shot gets credit....except yours truly.

Our pilots did quite well in avoiding slamming into the Zep with I think only 1 collision. Not a good thing as the Zep ignores you but you collect the 'C' damage card.

It was a blast beginning to end, thank you again Mike for all you do and Pete for keeping us all in line managing damage. Looking forward to next week as always.

Hello everyone!

A couple of things for this week's games. Yes more than one!! The plan is a series of 3 quick 1 hour games in a tournament style of scoring. The games will be played on one game mat so that everyone will get to start shooting at the very beginning of the game. Points will be scored by player and by team. I am excited to try this format of play as a change of pace. I have 2 spaces open for anyone who wants to play that has not had a chance to try! Pm me so I can send you the information.

Due to the speed of play this week I would like to start at 630pm est so that I have time to tally scores and set up in-between games.

Best of luck

Mike

Sounds like this should be a good time. Looking forward to this new foramt.

Hm, interesting. We'll have to cut the banter, as well, that often eats up a lot of our time.

Sounds good, Mike, see ya then!

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Hm, interesting. We'll have to cut the banter, as well, that often eats up a lot of our time.
    There will be plenty of time for banter, I just might have to use the mute so that we get the moves in time. We've played games of 9 turns inside of 3 hours. With 3 rounds that will give us 8-9 possible chances to shoot at each other. ��

Instant furball, death match, sounds like fun and I bet the boom graphic will be used a lot.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:39
  3. WoG online
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club