Ares Games
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

I couldn't settle down my house in time to make it to the Zoom. I caught the end of it on you tube though. Thought about making a live comment, but figured most people were focused on Zoom.

Looked awesome on YouTube. Some cool things like the different colors on the bases and explosion graphic.

I have to check out the next game, and see how this works.

Since Microsoft took over Skype, they have abandoned Linux support, with video quality is now too bad to host games. I converted my laptop to Linux to assist with a college project, and don't want to pay for Windows 10 Pro.

This might be a viable alternative process.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Another fun evening. Helps me get my WGF fix. Thanks again to mikejr for hosting!

Hello everyone

This week I will not be hosting a game. It will be back next week. I have the AC contractor coming over to do some work and I want to spend the evening with my family. Thanks for understanding.

Mike

No worries! It is a holiday weekend! Have fun!

No worries-as I was pointing out, I'm personally iffy on attendance anyway.

Hello everyone
    The next game is on Thursday 7/9 at 7pm est. Zoom will be live around 630pm or so. Youtube at 7pm ish. I have taken most of the last week and a half off (some me time) Youtube this week will most likely have just my voice along with the video. We are trying out a new feature of a second person dealing out the damage. This should free me up to breath and bit during the game. Please join us this week and see if the Germans can break there losing streak. I have the usual suspects but if you are interested in watching or getting involved send me a message.

Mike

Just saw this and you know I am in. Will be good to see the guys again. Also just noticed that this weekend was Historicon so I guess this will be the substitute for that.

We'll be trying something new this week, a remote helper for Mike. I hope I am more help than nuisance! we'll see how it goes.

A Quick Reminder I will be hosting tonight at 7PM est. It will also be on YouTube with limited audio also. (I hope) The link will be posted at game time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejr74 View Post
    A Quick Reminder I will be hosting tonight at 7PM est. It will also be on YouTube with limited audio also. (I hope) The link will be posted at game time.
    So, 4 PM Pacific time. I might be able to make that. Do I have to have a Zoom account? What will I need to play from my side, if you need an extra player?
    Mike

Camera setup and positioning looks good (as a spectator), hope you have better luck with the sound next time!

The set up worked well. 6 planes played to conclusion in 2 1/2 hours.

Another enjoyable game. And I came out with another victory! Thanks again, Mike.

Thank You for joining the game I had a lot of fun this week.
    Thanks again to Teaticket(Peter) for the in game help!!
    Thank You Peter, Bob, John, Ray, ZenLizard, and Dan.

The next game will be Saturday the 18th. The time is to be determined.

I guess its over. I had to reboot my router and now everyone is gone! I guess I really did die.

Thanks Mike and everyone for a great game.

Many thanks to Mike again for a great time. As we play more games things are going faster. 9 turns this time and played until just before 2200. Can't wait until then next game. Get to socialize with others, play a game and have a good time.

Tonight's battle went down like this....

Damage cards taken by each of the pilots and result...

Bob, 11 cards, downed by damage
    Ray, 8 cards downed by 2 x engine damage
    Dan, 7 cards, downed by 2 x fire (Mike's house rule)
    Peter 13 cards, downed by damage from fire
    John, 15 cards, flew for home with 1 point remaining
    Sam, 12 cards, held the sky with 4 points remaining

Everyone, thanks for the wonderful game! Mike, thanks for hosting this. I really enjoyed the game last night. Good fair fight!

Hello Everyone

I am looking at Hosting a game this Saturday around 1pm ish Maybe a little later. It will be an afternoon game. I know most of my usual suspects can play but I am looking to add a few others and maybe a few from across the pond. Several factors are at work with the game, 1 my son should be home (he said he was coming home), 2 its my daughters impromptu Prom. Not sure yet if I am getting drafted to help set up. For those who are interested let me know and I will send you the information. I will base the game mission on haw many people want/can play.

I do believe I have most of the audio issues worked out and at a least you should here me. I am also building some new graphics for the feed.

Thank Again

Mike

Count me in. I can help again if needed but with Sean home you may not need it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikejr74 View Post
    Hello Everyone

I am looking at Hosting a game this Saturday around 1pm ish Maybe a little later. It will be an afternoon game. I know most of my usual suspects can play but I am looking to add a few others and maybe a few from across the pond. Several factors are at work with the game, 1 my son should be home (he said he was coming home), 2 its my daughters impromptu Prom. Not sure yet if I am getting drafted to help set up. For those who are interested let me know and I will send you the information. I will base the game mission on haw many people want/can play.

I do believe I have most of the audio issues worked out and at a least you should here me. I am also building some new graphics for the feed.

Thank Again

Mike
    That would be 10 AM PST. I am putting it on my calendar!
    Mike

If he is home and not busy helping with the prom thing, he said we would help. It should also make the audio more interesting too.

Awesome Oldguy59!!

1300 Saturday sounds good to me.

Just saw this and you know I am in. Great effort by you doing this to help us stay sane.

On the calendar. Ready and waiting! Thanks Mike for setting this up!

Good Morning Gentlemen

Welcome to the Italian*Front!!

Today Most of you will be trying to stop the Italian Bombers from returning home!!
    Plane assignments will be at take off.* (Q, B, and F Decks will be used today)* If you dont*have one or more of these decks please let me know.
    Sean Will be joining in person today, he will be the "Damage Man".
    Zoom will go live around 12:30pm Followed by YouTube At 1pm.* All times are EST.**
    Good Luck!!
    Mike

If anyone else Wants to Play today Please let me know!! Everyone is welcome, If you just want to watch please join us on Youtube. The Links will be posted here as usual.

Will try to watch for a bit today, thanks!

I think I missed the youtube link if posted, sorry.

this weeks youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1JtwFRcMg

New link
    Last edited by mikejr74; 07-18-2020 at 10:11.

Another good game, and thanks again to Mike for hosting. Looking forward to next time.

I would like to thank Zen, Dan, John, Peter, Oldguy59, and bobp for playing today. I had a blast and It was great to meet Oldguy59. The next game will be on Thursday the 23rd I look forward to everyone who wants to play.

Mike

Awesome face-timing with fellow Forum members! Thanks for letting me play, even if I was the first guy down.

Thanks ever so much, Mike, for hosting, and to Sean for his assistance.

Great to talk to all the players, while remaining at a safe distance. Great fun!
    Mike

Another great game today. The usual group and OLDGUY59 joined us. After each game can't say how much Mike has put into this to give us all some playtime and get together with old and new friends.

Thanks Mike for another enjoyable Wings game. REP!

Great to fly with everyone again!

OldGuy59, great to get to meet and chat. Look forward to hearing more about the campaign.

It was good to have sound on youtube today.
    I had to bail after an hour or so - what was the outcome?

thanks for watching!
    I would call it a draw to minor victory for the Italians. 50% losses on both sides with 1 Caproni surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    It was good to have sound on youtube today.
    I had to bail after an hour or so - what was the outcome?

Mike, great game! Thanks again! Nice seeing in person OldGuy59!!!

Mike may think it was a minor Italian victory (imagine the GM also playing and calling the game?) but we Central Powers know better and our reports are full of victory!

Ok, we crashed into ourselves downing one of our own but hey, that's war.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I couldn't settle down my house in time to make it to the Zoom. I caught the end of it on you tube though. Thought about making a live comment, but figured most people were focused on Zoom.

Looked awesome on YouTube. Some cool things like the different colors on the bases and explosion graphic.

what channel on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    what channel on youtube?
    See post 85. Mike will post the youtube link in this thread just before the game starts.

Thanks for hosting, Mike, very fun tuning in! Great work fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Mike may think it was a minor Italian victory (imagine the GM also playing and calling the game?) but we Central Powers know better and our reports are full of victory!

Ok, we crashed into ourselves downing one of our own but hey, that's war.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    what channel on youtube?
    If you want to be notified directly, you go to his channel on youtube, here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mbjjr74/

From there, subscribe and click the notifications bell icon on the right side of the page (select "All") to receive a notice whenever the stream goes live.

Name:  subscribe.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  39.9 KB

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1