Ares Games
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

I'll be there. Boom Boom Boom!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

I could hear the you tube this time. Appreciated the convo.
    Last edited by Derrick; 08-13-2020 at 20:21.

Thanks Mike for another fun night of flying. Great seeing all the regulars in the ThunderDome!

Death Match, a 3 round heavy weight bout with 7 pilots vying for the title.

Death Match, it sure was. 2nd maneuver card, first shot, BOOM! Down went my pristine DVII.
    A very quick kill for John.

Sorry Dan, I miss-counted and didn't give you the -10 when you were shot down so you were 36, not 46. Still good for 2nd!

Death Match results...

Sam(zenlizard) 50 1 kill, never shot down
    Dan(camelbeagle) 36 2 kills, downed in a collision with his team-mate Chris!
    Chris(malachi) 34 1 kill, shot down once
    Bob(Bobp) 24 0 kills, shot down once
    Peter(teaticket) 16 2 kills, shot down once
    John(rolld6) 13 1 kill, down twice (BOOMed once by collision where the other pilot took 1 damage point.)
    Ray(G-Dog) -21 0 kills, shot down 3 times

Great games. Thanks for the score Teaticket! I had a lot of fun. Once again, thanks Mike for the effort into making this happen.

Thanks to everyone I had a blast with this one. I am going to put this one in the book for replay down the road. We played 3 different games of 3 rounds each in 3 hours. On a tech side the audio is greatly improved with little loss of video quality. I will be working on some graphics this week along with some audio clips. Thanks again for joining me for the games.

Great games, guys! Some brutal BOOM cards, war is hell

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I could hear the you tune this time. Appreciated the convo.
    Derrick, you should join us. Great times.
    (chris, malachi, clubcourage over @ BGG)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Great games, guys! Some brutal BOOM cards, war is hell

Derrick, you should join us. Great times.
    (chris, malachi, clubcourage over @ BGG)
    I will if I ever am free. The timing is a bit hard for me. I have to get the kids fed and in bed. But it was so crazy because I looked you all up on you tube before, you were the first thing that came up for me when I was looking to listen to something while I worked out.

You were talking about damage cards... the first time I played this game my opponent seemed to have half the deck and I got shot down with 3 cards. Oddly, that was one of the things that made me fall in love with this game.

This weeks damage was a bit heavy, I added boom cards and removed none special "0" damage cards. You can't have Death matches without Death.

Enjoyed the banter!

It just reminded me how much I've missed it this year.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Real fun time last night. In the last game I seemed to fly around checking things out before getting into the fray. My first moves were my mistake. Have to do better next game. Seeing the usual crew and getting in some game time was the best part. Many thanks to Mike for getting us together and many thanks for the guys for getting together and playing.

Another great week, each week they seem to get better and better, much thanks to Mike for all his effort and work (it shows!). I loved the new 'get stuck in quick' format, which allowed us to get three quality games in. Looking forward to next Thu already.

Looking at the plane I might fly since Mike gave us that option.

Another great evening of fun. I did like the 3 quickies format, but I doubt that would work for anything but tournament-style play. Great time last night, though.

Oh, yeah, let me dig out those air racing with guns rules I promised you, Mike. Expect an e-mail later in the day.

I'm Looking forward to it

Thanks again

Mike

Due to a work schedule change I was not able to prepare a game this week to host. Next week I will be traveling to take my kids back to college I may not be able to host next week( if there is a game it will not be until Saturday at best). Looking forward to the next game I host in a week or so.

thanks

Mike

No game last night but we did have a session on ZOOM about the RACE game we will be playing. It was good to see all the guys and have a new member (DAVE) get into the group. Another thanks to Mike to get us all together and have some sort of socila interaction.

I want to thank everyone who joined the game. I bit of a rush job on my behalf (had to work today) and had a issue with the sound I ended up with a bad repeat. I will have that fixed for next week. It was great to see everyone again after not playing for two weeks. again Great flying tonight.

The French did the most damage to the German Balloon and Chris was the Top pilot tonight.

Mike

Just want to say how much fun we had last night. Mike did a great job with a short amount of time to get the game ready to play. It was good to see the guys again and have Dave join the group for a second time. Hope he becomes a regular to the group. As always many thanks to Mike for the job he is doing so we can all get out play time in.

Great game! Lots of fun! Thanks for hosting Mike!

Good time and thank you, Mike, for hosting!

I am hosting another game on Thursday. Well this is not really a normal game, it is the start of a 1 off race campaign. It is a 10 race series with each player having a "team of 5 planes". Each player picks 5 planes from a major air power. 1 plane from early war, 1 plane from late war, and a two-seater. This week the race is any single seater on your team. You get points for each marker you pass, times you shoot, downing a target, and completing the course. You will lose points for getting shot down, collisions, and flying out of bounds. There will be about 1 race per month as a fun change of pace from the Big campaign that I will be starting Next week. I currently have 8 regular players and could use a few more pilots. I have created some pilot packs for each person that wants to play. It contains rookie, green, and veteran pilots. Each pack is for a different nation, and you will get several nations to fly with based on the mini campaign inside of the larger campaign. Just remember pilots die, get captured, can be traded for other POWs, and they also get injured. If you want to join in the fun part time or full time please let me know so I can get you a pack!!

I look forward to seeing everyone and as always the games will be on my Youtube channel, Table Top Flights (most of the time with sound, sometimes too much sound). I am also hoping to have a game calendar by the start of the Campaign so everyone knows when the next game is!!

Mike

Hm, Mike said he was going to try and start at around 1800; but about an hour ago, we had a tornado warning (not watch, warning, cloud rotation actually spotted); so, as of 1812 local, he still hasn't shown up on either Zoom or YouTube. Hope that' doesn't mean he's dealing with the severe thunderstorms/tornado at the moment.

Im good coming online now

Glad to hear it. Ready to go!

Great game tonight

thanks to everyone who played The scores will be out in a few!!

After the first race here are the standings:

1- ZenLizard 23 pts 1 kill
    2- Dave 18 pts 1 kill
    3- Peter 8 pts
    4- Bobp 6 pts
    5- John 5 pts
    6- Dan 4 pts
    7- Ray 3 pts
    8- Chris -2 pts

Thanks to everyone!! The next race is in 4 weeks, and a reminder next week is the start of a full war campaign anyone who wants in please let me know!!

Mike

Didn't get to comment last night so here is my morning report. Had a great time last night. It was fun to get together with all the guys and do some racing. It was something different and changeling. Look forward to next weeks start of the campaign and the next race. Surprised I came in 4th after hitting the pylon. That little E III took a lot of damage.

As always thanks to Mike for putting on the game and getting us all together.
    Last edited by BobP; 09-04-2020 at 07:32.

Thanks, Mike! The race was a lot of fun. My plan did not survive the enemy after rudder damage to my speedy crate and not even making it to the first pylon I spent most of my time seeking terra firma.

That was a whole lot of fun; and I'm looking forward to the campaign.

Great fun! Thanks again Mike. Waiting for next week with great Anticipation. Thanks to all who played last night for the great game!

Wonderful effort Mike! Thanks for personally adding so much to our Game!

Last night's game was quite different and exciting. Initial placement is extremely important.

Had a ZOOM meeting last night about the upcoming campaign starting this Thursday. Lots of good input and questions answered. Looking forward to this Thursdays start of the campaign. Also may get to meet, virtually, Daryl (RAF) and put a face to the person whoes planes I have quite a number of.

This campaign looks like to be a blast! Ready to see how many of my pilots die Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    This campaign looks like to be a blast! Ready to see how many of my pilots die Thursday.
    All of them. Mike is sadistic.

If Mike is using the latest version of the Ares Campaign and Scenario Pack, almost any plane that catches fire will mean the loss of the pilot. The rules and Destiny Cards are brutal on burning planes and crew.

Other than that, the loss of a plane does not mean the death of a pilot. My buddy and I are working on a prisoner exchange to get some of our crews back in the air.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Name:  verdun pic.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  66.5 KB

Welcome to the War

15 January 1916 near Verdun

Tonight's game is the start of my online campaign. I will be posting the YouTube link at 7 pm est for anyone who wish's to watch.

If anyone wants to join up for a future mission please let me know and I will get you some pilots for the meat grinder.

Never mind the video problems, we got the game in. Good on you for sticking with it, Mike.

Great game! Thanks everyone for the fun!

Thanks for sticking with it Mike and Sean. Great time even though a bit delayed...s&!t happens. Look forward to January 18th over Verdun.

After a slow start Sean helped me get the TECH going so that we could get a game in. In the end the German's flew more planes home.

Germany 33
    France 7

For Germany
    Peter 13 pts 1 confirmed kill
    Zen 9 pts
    Dan 11 pts 1 confirmed kill

For France
    John 6 pts DNR
    Sean 3 pts DNR
    Chris 5 pts
    Bob 6 pts DNR
    Dave 2 pts

Thanks again everyone for sticking around to play Lots of fun once the planes got in the air!!

Had a great time last night. Got in some shots and took a lot of damage (8 points) but managed to crash land just inside the French lines. Injured but will be back in 8 (game) days. As a cautious Rookie I survived to fight another day.
    Looking forward to next weeks game.

Tonights game:

The Lost Plane

The French lost one of their planes in No Man's Land, Our group of young flyers have to go find them and report back!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:39
  3. WoG online
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club