Ares Games
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

I think Bob may have lasted so long simply because the others that were shot down beforehand just had the misfortune to be the targets of opportunity-it certainly seemed that by the time he was shot down, he ended up being the target of opportunity.

But yeah, it was another fun night. Thanks again to Mike for hosting.

And Mike builtt himself a sweet new setup for it, too.

Have to agree with Sam. I was like a shark lurking in the distance waiting to pick off the unexpected. Next time it might be my turn to be the hunted.

Good Morning everyone

After taking a week off I am ready to fly again. Tonights game is a tripods game again and our last tune up before Cyber Wars II. As normal I will post a link to the YouTube Channel @7 pm est, and if anyone else would like to play please message me so that I can get you the Zoom Link!

Mike

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel. I'll be there!!!!

I can't make it tonight, BoE duties. Have fun.

Here is the link for the etickets for the cyber wars game.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/martian...s-127574405481

Hello everyone!!

After a few weeks away from the campaign, we will be back to it this Thursday. I am looking forward to the next 3 game set! There is still time to join in all you need to do is sent me a message and I will get you all of the information you need.

Thanks again

Well finished tonights game and the Germans took it in the shorts. All of the German planes went down in flames on way or the other. I took a BOOM from DAN-SAM (Daniel) after TEATICKET (Peter) put some damage on me. With the new folks that joined tonight Mike had his hands full moving planes around. Only a few mistakes but with all he had to do it wasn't bad. Again many thanks for Mike in putting a game on and it was good to see the usual bunch and the new pilots that joined our group.

I would like to thank everyone who joined. 9 planes on the board was a lot in this format. I have made a few changes already to relieve a few things that I have to keep track of. The nice thing is if I move a plane wrong everyone is quick to tell me. It helps me keep straight. As Bob said the Germans took a beating today and did not achieve the mission goals. Looks like the next wave is going to have to try!

There will not be a game next week (Thanksgiving for us here in the states) We will pick up again the following week!

Thanks again

Sorry I missed attending tonight's game, even as a 'late entry'.
    Mat looks terrific from the little bit I saw on YouTube.

Great game. I had a blast. Literally!!!!

'Making a Hole' ... was the rest of the title 'In The Ground'..?! Well played all.

"He is wise who watches"

They sure did make a few holes. lol And for the Germans the mission still has to be completed. welcome to the meat grinder!

Sorry to have missed it; way to busy dealing with Chessiecon stuff.

It's all good. We will get you next time!

Late to the party as I see. Anyway, it was awesome. I did not play WoG for half a year or so and I really need to plan & play.

I must say, Mike prepared whole game perfectly despite the fact he did not know the final number of players. It is not easy to be such flexible and REP points on his accounts are deserved. Also playing with Peter Teaticket on my wing was a pleasure - hope he will stay my wingman for a long time (and sorry for maybe too close formation in last turns).

The last thing I want to say thank you for is practicing my english. I left my laboratory job in June and stopped using english frequently. Doncaster canceled, so other opportunity in hell. We say to our kids "You must tell me it even if I wake you in midnight!" if there is something important during school lessons, so I can honestly say: "I did!" (12am to 4am).

Daniel, we are glad you could play. Hope to see you again!!!

It was a great surprise to see you join in Daniel. Good to see you and hear your voice again, not since Origins 2016! Hopefully Mike will let us stay as wingmen for a few more missions but I think the Germans may be donating to mike's Paypal account to end it.

Daniel, it was great to meet you and have you join in. Hope to see you often.

P.S. Your English is impeccable, far better than my Kentucky drawl.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Daniel, we are glad you could play. Hope to see you again!!!
    Pleasure on my side, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    It was a great surprise to see you join in Daniel. Good to see you and hear your voice again, not since Origins 2016! Hopefully Mike will let us stay as wingmen for a few more missions but I think the Germans may be donating to mike's Paypal account to end it.
    I guess it was the best mission on M-S Type N that I have ever flown If I remember well, there was something similar during Origins 2016 - same success with you on my wing. Invitational game maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Daniel, it was great to meet you and have you join in. Hope to see you often.

P.S. Your English is impeccable, far better than my Kentucky drawl.
    So, for exampl I just google word "impeccable" By the way, Chris, I googled more about Kentucky (never been there) (yet!) and your Kentucky State Capitol strongly reminds me our National Museum A coincidence?

Daniel was great to meet you and have you play. The one problem I see is that you and Peter are way to good to fly together . Next game should be you and Peter against the rest of us since the 2 of you ruled the sky. All kidding aside hope you can join us as often as you can. With the number of people joining we may have some large games and fun times.

Again great to have you with us.

Really sorry I missed the chance to meet you Daniel.
    Looks like a great time was had by all.

Hope I will receive a permission for next mission from my wif...eeeh, commanding officer, of yourse!

Daniel

Thank you for the kind words. I truly hope your commanding officer grants you some more flight time! We try our best to put on a good show. If I did not have such wonderful players hosting and playing would be so much harder. Looking forward to the next time you can fly with us!

Pleasure was on my side, Mike. It was a superb session

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    So, for exampl I just google word "impeccable" By the way, Chris, I googled more about Kentucky (never been there) (yet!) and your Kentucky State Capitol strongly reminds me our National Museum A coincidence?
    lol, not surprised. It's America, well kinda even if it is Kentucky so we copy a lot of things. I'm not even sure we invented sliced bread.

Chris, there is some good whiskey made in Kentucky. That is a plus!

Another great evening, lots of fun to be had. As always, thank especially to Mike for hosting.

Oh, and for the talk of setting up the Discord server: I am zenlizard#0405 over there.
    Probably be good if the other people here also posted their Discord IDs.

Another great game. The Germans had better luck this time. Thanks again to everyone who played. A very fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Another great evening, lots of fun to be had. As always, thank especially to Mike for hosting.

Oh, and for the talk of setting up the Discord server: I am zenlizard#0405 over there.
    Probably be good if the other people here also posted their Discord IDs.
    Yes, another fun night shooting at planes and shooting the $#!t with everyone. The balloon is down, what does Mike have up his sleeve for us next?

On Discord I'm Glingle. That's a whole other world!

I am Dan016#7758.

Pete, we need your #xxxx number as well.

I climbed into Halberstadt for the afternnon flight to take out a French balloon. The morning attack didn't go well for our fellow fliers. As a Rookie in this flight I listened to the others hoping to gain some shots at the dreded French. They spoke of the French pilot with the PINK scarf, a cunning fellow I was told. As we passed over out trench line we spotted the French in the distance. I hoped to manuver to a good position for an attach when I noticed the PINK scarf of this dreaded Frenchman. Fixing on him I positioned myself for a close in shot but he fired first and we exchanged close shots. My Halberstadt was then raked by another Frenchman flying close by. My plane took heavy damage and began to smoke. I was out of the fight due to that PINK fellow and his wingman. The badly damaged plane crashed landed just before the German trench line but alas the ROOKIE pilot succumed to his injuries when he crashed. Here rests Feldwebel Kurt Scheer.

Despite being taken out in the second turn the Germans did get to take out the French balloon. Maybe my drwaing two French fighters from the rest of the group help acheive our goal. Good time as always.

Bob, thanks for the distraction. I think we were able to get the balloon because you drew off three of the planes.

Mon Dieu, I'm thinking of painting all my planes pink.

Fun time as always! The campaign is really in full swing now. Bring on those Nieuport 17s

Now if we can just keep a few of these pilots alive!!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Mon Dieu, I'm thinking of painting all my planes pink.

Fun time as always! The campaign is really in full swing now. Bring on those Nieuport 17s

Another blast tonight! Literally, we had three boom cards tonight. Great fun game! Thanks to Mike for hosting and everyone who showed up to play! Thanks!!!!!

Another great night of flying, thanks Mike. Yes we had 3 booms, but sadly 2 of them were on the same recipients that had them last week! Bob and Robert are getting the short end of the stick of dynamite. Hopefully their luck will change next week.

Good time tonight, fellas Looking for redemption next week.

I think I am to the BOOM card as Zen is to JAMS. Good game and fun time. At least the Huns showed up and did some damage to the French. Looks like the Germans are getting the hang of things. Good to see everyone and as always many thanks to Mike and his Elf (Shawn) for putting the game on for us. Can't wait to see what he has in store for next week.

Well done all you Heinies..! You wiped the floor with the French this time out, well played all.
    I think Bob showed that tip-toeing around the back of the scrum in the beginning means you'll likely die alone !
    I will have to get myself sorted and join the fray one day.

"He is wise who watches"

Yeah, you'll have to give it a Dave

There's a nice "pilot generator" from a common pool now so it's easy even for occasional players. Die roll to get a pilot (50% chance of rookie, 7.5% for Ace, 15% for Vet, 27.5% for Green) then if Ace or Vet roll for a skill.

I may be raiding that pool soon for a French pilot lol, I'm down to only my Vet available. In my defense, I'm the only player who has flown all missions for the French.

Pilot Roster history
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Mission history
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Well done all you Heinies..! You wiped the floor with the French this time out, well played all.
    I think Bob showed that tip-toeing around the back of the scrum in the beginning means you'll likely die alone !
    I will have to get myself sorted and join the fray one day.
    Any time. Just let us know when and we can make room!

Mike

Thanks chaps and thanks for sharing the links Chris - I see you're flying my 'cousin' Max... We share the same surname at least, so look after him !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thanks chaps and thanks for sharing the links Chris - I see you're flying my 'cousin' Max... We share the same surname at least, so look after him !
    lol, I have been thus far, by keeping him on the sidelines.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:39
  3. WoG online
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club