Ares Games
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

It was fun to play.
    I managed to get my rookie advanced to 'green' in one showing.

Having the N.11 forced to call all sideslips 'steep' made it tough for him to get shots off.

Thanks again, Mike, and to Bob for the scenario.

Now to come up with a suitable 'handle' for my "eye-tie" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    It was fun to play.
    I managed to get my rookie advanced to 'green' in one showing.

Having the N.11 forced to call all sideslips 'steep' made it tough for him to get shots off.

Thanks again, Mike, and to Bob for the scenario.

Now to come up with a suitable 'handle' for my "eye-tie" ...
    Giovanni Shootamedown?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Giovanni Shootamedown?
    Thanks, Tim. That will do nicely.

Another fun looking game chaps, nice to see the Lohner's in action if not to use, it seems upping them to an XD deck didn't help them out much I might have missed it but I had expected to hear a "tonight you sleep with the fishes" taunt from the Italian pilots !
    Someone (Dan ?) asked if you can straighten out warped parts on a Shapeways model using boiling water - I've done that running a model under a (very) hot tap then dousing it with cold without a problem and the model recovered it's intended shape without any persuasion.
    Well played all, thanks for the entertainment

"He is wise who watches"

That was me asking about warped Shapeways. I just got a pair of Farman 40s for OTT and one is quite droopy. I'll take it to the sink and give it a bath. Thanks for the reassurance that is what will do the trick.

Last game was entertaining... for the Italians. I only see Italians saying how it was a fun game above. All they had to do was get behind us and it was over. No real challenge here against an X deck. We felt like ducks in a carnival shooting gallery. Must have been a terrible shock for the poor boys back in the day when this happened for real!

Aha it was you Peter ! Yeah, my first ever s/ways were all warped - probably bagged too soon after coming out of the machine I guessed but the hot water trick did the job, if the tap doesn't get in done then up to kettle temps.. once I see them move back into shape I douse them with cold just to fix them.
    Glad I could help.

"He is wise who watches"

This weeks adventure will see the British for the first time!

Come and join us for

SIGHT SEEING

Well done all Another entertaining bout - not a good day for Tommy as a whole but a better one for Hilary, who would likely wave with two fingers, not one !

"He is wise who watches"

I thought it went very good. Peter and Bob managed to survive!!!

Fun scenario guys. Thanks Mike, Dan, and Peter! Getting 12 turns in is awesome, we're completing games now

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Well done all Another entertaining bout - not a good day for Tommy as a whole but a better one for Hilary, who would likely wave with two fingers, not one !
    If we were flying against the French I would have given two fingers. The Germans might have mistaken my gesture as a salute to them with a 'V' for victory sign. No need to boost the Hun's morale with a perceived compliment.

A few weeks ago we made some changes to speed up game play. To this point it has been very successful. I even had a chance to fly... I mean rough land my plane. Those engines just can't take bullets like they used too..
    I would like to thank everyone who played. It was another awesome time.

It was very nice to see an actually game get to the end. Thanks to all the players. It went really well.

It was another fun game, even though I would have rather drawn the dreaded Boom over the two collision cards I got!

It was another fun game, even though I would have rather drawn the dreaded Boom over the two collision cards I got!
    You're not used to being knocked out of the sky, welcome to our club!

Careful what you wish for!! Those boom card have a mind of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejr74 View Post
    Careful what you wish for!! Those boom card have a mind of their own.
    Yeah. I just want to see more names on the Boom card other than Bob and Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    If we were flying against the French I would have given two fingers. The Germans might have mistaken my gesture as a salute to them with a 'V' for victory sign. No need to boost the Hun's morale with a perceived compliment.
    The V for victory sign didn't come about until the second world war so they wouldn't have mistaken it; in fact it was probably unknown to them as an insult but I expect it would give the signer some deal satisfaction.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The V for victory sign didn't come about until the second world war so they wouldn't have mistaken it; in fact it was probably unknown to them as an insult but I expect it would give the signer some deal satisfaction.
    I know, but our current pilots are a bit post WW2.

Tonight's game

Hell's Angels

and here is the youtube like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2jN87juq3Q

You guys were on fire tonight!
    literally ....
    Seriously, thanks Mike and ALCON for an interesting game, you show the mechanics of the game really well and how to have a blast!

Well I didn't play tonight but was fun seeing the guys shooting at each other. Good game and then I watched the movie. What fun.

Bloodbath! Germans did not have a fun time!

Thanks for the games once again mike. Thanks to Crash a Lot for the scenario. Fun as always! Thanks to everyone who played and watched!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMoonbeam View Post
    You guys were on fire tonight!
    literally ....
    Seriously, thanks Mike and ALCON for an interesting game, you show the mechanics of the game really well and how to have a blast!
    Thank You

We have been working on how to speed up play so that we can complete games inside of our 3 hour window of play. Due to work obligations we will be off next week and maybe the following week, but when we return we will be playing with altitude. I cant wait for what Peter has up his sleeve for our next mission!!

As always thanks for playing and watching our games!!

Tonights Game

THE LOST BRIGADE!

I will post the youtube link @7 pm est (Game Time)

I viewed the last half hour or so....

Lots of fun!
    Well done to all involved, especially Mike for hosting.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

According to Mike, next Thursday is our 1 year anniversary. Hope to have an amazing mission!

Look forward to the carnage !

"He is wise who watches"

It's been a year already!!

The Eleventh Kill!

The youtube link will be posted at 7 pm est tonight.

Name:  the eleventh kill.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  83.3 KB
    Last edited by mikejr74; 05-27-2021 at 09:07.

The one when Richthofen shot down and killed Major Hawker, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    The one when Richthofen shot down and killed Major Hawker, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejr74 View Post
    Tonight will probably have Hawker downing Manny and all 3 other Germans for his 8th 9th, 10th and 11th.

Lets see what happens. The cards will tell the tale!

Wonderful game! Fun Fun Fun! Major Hawker survived and shot down the Red Baron with flames!. I did take a pilot wound! OUCH!!!!

Great game last night. 1 year since you started this. Different ending for me last night. No BOOM card but 2 pilot wounds. Hawker did a good job on me. Much fun.

Great game Mike. Thanks for hosting our games for a year now! It's taken a while but we have come a long way.

Last nights game marked 1 year of hosting games online. What a fast year it has turned out to be. I would like to thank Covid for forcing me to figure out (with Sean's help) how to turn this idea into this wonderful platform to play-on. Since we started we have had some players come and go. And we all have made some new friends. Even though the world is opening back up and we are going to see more face to face games I have no intention on stopping our Thursday night games. I still see this as the beginning of this platform and have a long way to go to get to what I have envisioned!

My deepest thanks to everyone who has played in, watched, or commented on our games!!

Mike

Strange Things at the Front

I will post the link at game time.

Strange things are happening, takeoff is delayed due to technical issues. Working to get them fixed.

due to technical issues we were not able to stream to youtube.

we should be good this week.

Hitching a Ride

Another entertaining set to - good to see the Boom curse working, hard luck Peter, poor old Lumpy had to walk home ! Well played all involved, it was most entertaining.

"He is wise who watches"

Another fun game! Thanks to everyone!!!!

Lumpy did survive the crash and is currently walking...in the wrong direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Lumpy did survive the crash and is currently walking...in the wrong direction!

"He is wise who watches"

This weeks Game

Things that go Boom!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1