Ares Games
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Playing Online

Another great game! Thanks!!!!!

Thanks again for everyone who played another great time and lots of fun.

This weeks score is:

Team Germany
    21 pts
    Team France
    18 pts but completed the mission For the victory

Peter 9pts
    Zen 5 pts
    Dan 7 pts

John 9 pts plus found a pilot
    Chris 2 pts DNR KIA
    Bob -2 pts DNR KIA
    Dave 9 pts plus found a pilot

Great job everyone!! Thanks for playing

Thanks for another fun game Mike! Ah those clever French. We outscore them but they come away with the victory!

Even though I was shot down last night it was another good game. I did overfly 2 of the downed planes but failed to find the pilot. Should have stayed away from the trenches. Went down like the Red Baron, shot down buy the infantry. I guess better to be shot at by 1 planes rather then 500 guys with rifles.

I certainly enjoyed the addition of the altitude aspect-turned out to be another fun game, even if ultimately unsuccessful for us. As always, thanks to Mike for hosting.

Altitude, different mission briefings and objectives, it was a fun scenario and a great time. Mike, I know you said it was a lot of work to track altitude, but you pulled it off nicely sir. I love that each mission counts as part of a larger campaign and pilots may rise to some level fame, or infamy(?). As always, I'm looking forward to next week already!

Cheers,

John

It was nice to fly with altitude where it actually had a reason for it. Fun to fly with altitude, its been a while.

It was tough watching John fly between us all achieving the mission and flying home avoiding getting shot at. Well done John!

Well done by Dave too for achieving the mission. We got in a few shots on him but he evaded us in the end.

Hello everyone

I am hosting another game on Thursday. If anyone wants to join in please message me and we can get you worked in. With the ongoing campaign, I have a few scenarios that need a couple of part-time players.

Thanks

Mike

Just finished tonights game and again had a great time. The usual bunch and a new person joined in. I finally got in some shots and didn't get shot down. Many thanks to Mike again for the effort he puts in to putting on these games and for the guys that make the night enjoyable.

Was a blast tonight guys! Sorry for the audio problems, but thanks for welcoming Jayson to the show

Jayson is a good egg and I look forward to flying with him again. Chris you are a good sport, we love you sir, you know it is all about the love. Mike, great game again tonight, looking forward to racing next week.

John

Another great time hanging out with the boys. Thanks Mike for all you put into this. I can only speak for myself but would think for everyone participating it has been the highlight of this trying year.

Quote Originally Posted by rolld6 View Post
    Jayson is a good egg and I look forward to flying with him again. Chris you are a good sport, we love you sir, you know it is all about the love. Mike, great game again tonight, looking forward to racing next week.

John
    lol all good, this group is tame compared to my other social circles

Look forward to it each week. Thanks for the hard work, Mike

Mike, Thanks! Another great game. Thanks to everyone who joined, a very fun and enjoyable night.

Here is the score breakdown for Thursdays game (Sorry it has taken 2 days to get it ready)

Team Germany 9.6 pts
    Peter 6 pts
    Zen 12 pts
    Dan 11 pts

Team France 11pts
    John 12 pts
    Chris 10 pts
    Bob 12 pts
    Dave 4 pts
    Jayson 17 pts

Both Side did meet there Mission requirements and can claim victory!!

Thanks again for everyone who joined in the fun, without you it would be just a solo game

Mike

I guess we did what was required since Jayson picked up the pilot and returned to base.

I am in for Thursday's air racing game...but going forward, not so sure. I'm serving as a canvasser, which is where we count the absentee votes, which officially starts Tuesday, 6 October. it is unfortunately the nature of the canvass that we typically don't know if we are working any given day until usually, a day or two before.

Gaming is fun, but civic duties come first.

A Race through the Countryside

This week is the 2nd of 10 races. This is a tight race on a single countryside mat. Race time is 7 pm est I will post the link at race time!

Name:  track 2a.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  93.1 KB

Lets see if I can survive this time!

Small, incremental goal, make it past turn 3

Mulling over who I want to crash into

My guess is you will crash into the leader right before the finish line taking both of yourselves out! Why shoot them when you can just crash into them!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Lets see if I can survive this time!
    So say we all.

....oops, wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    We can ask Mike if you can fly 2 planes so you can crash into yourself.

Mike, my teammate is getting in my way.

Mike, my teammate is getting in my way.
    Teammate schmeemmate.

Printed my map when I saw this. Now have to stratigize.

Finished the RACE game. Had a great time again. Very changeling to keep your plane on the field and get it around the pylons. Managed 1 pylon and a few shots on the other planes. Fun is what it was all about and getting together with others. Again many many thanks to Mike for the effort and many thanks for the group to get together.

Was a great time, and good to see everyone! I learn a ton from this group, someday I'll keep my plane on the mat... baby steps

Here are tonight's results:

Race 2
    Zen -2 pts/0 K
    Dave 16 pts/0 K
    Peter 24 pts/0 K
    BobP 15 pts/1 K
    John 6 pts/0 K
    Dan -8 pts/0 K
    Ray 0 pts/0 K
    Chris -10 pts/ 0 K

It was a lot of fun Thanks to everyone who played or watched!!

Another fun Thursday night with Mike and Table Top Flights. The Race games are quite a different challenge. You want to win the race but not be in front where everyone can shoot at you. Lots of tough decisions to be made just to survive and finish aloft.

Always good to see and talk with everyone. Looking forward to the next flight.

Everyone, Chris. Including the pylons.

Another great game! Even the pylons had fun laughing at us!!!! Thanks everyone!

We are doing something different Today!!

We are trying out Tripods on the table tonight! We are trying this out for the possibility of a game for the next CyberWars. Come join us as the Martians Invade!!

Awesome game. I had lots of fun. Thanks to everyone once again!

Didn't say anything last night but was a very fun game. I wasn't sure how T&T would work but it worked really well. Thanks to Mike and Peter for wprking together to run the game. And as always great to see the guys again. Hope Ray is doing well and we get to see him in the group again soon.
    Last edited by BobP; 10-09-2020 at 05:41.

Hello everyone.

This week's game is set in World War II. I have set up a thread there for the game.

As always looking for more players all you have to do is pm me to get the information.
    Also, I will have a few spots open in the zoom call for a couple of watchers who may or may not want to play but are curious about how it works and want to see.

Again thank you to everyone who joins in or just watches.
    Thank

Mike

First time with WWII. Thanks for the fun game guys.

First WW2 for me as well. I enjoyed flying the unarmed target zero

First WW2 for me as well. I enjoyed flying the unarmed target zero
    Chris, you were so kind to entertain Dave through the battle. I'm sure Dave did a fly over and dropped a wreath.

We usually play on Thursday night but had a game last night instead. Because of that there was a smaller group. Mike came up with a free for all game. First we all had Camels. I guess the Camel is my lucky plane since I shot down 3 others before I lost my Camel. Two pilot hits did that. The next plane was a Dr ! and didn't do so well in that plane. Jammed guns and shot up by the second turn I had that one. Had a new person (Pete) pop in so may have a new member to the group. Glad to see all the other guys and hope the ones that were not there are doing well. Hope to see them again soon.

Again another thanks to Mike for getting us together.

Another fun night flying for sure. It was all about Bob looking like he may not be shot down all night, but his time finally came. Look forward to our next game.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Online playing?
    By DiegoRH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 20:15
  2. Online game
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:39
  3. WoG online
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club