Results 1 to 48 of 48

Thread: One Reprint, 2020 Edition

  1. #1

    Default One Reprint, 2020 Edition

    Since the New Sculpts thread is being steadily taken over by calls for reprints, I guess it's time to open the Reprint discussion.

    The Rules:
    1. You get to nominate ONE plane/pilot. Not one per sculpt, not one per wave--ONE redeco that you feel is the single most glaring omission from WGF's offerings so far.
    2. Nominations MUST be accompanied by a profile. If you can't link one, go ahead and cite a book--Osprey is wonderful for this, and I have access to most of their WWI air volumes.
    3. Make a Case. Not just "I want X," tell us all WHY--why should this pilot go to the head of the line competing for one of only one or two open slots for that sculpt?
    4. Unreprinted Nexus decoes are fine, but please let's not do anything that Ares has already done.

    To recap, here's the sculpts we have to work with...

    Series 1 SPAD XIII Sop. Camel Alb. D.V/Va Fok. Dr.I
    Series 2 Sop. Snipe Fok. D.VII AIRCO DH.4 LFG Rol. C.II
    Series 3 Nieu. 17 Alb. D.III RAF R.E.8 Oeffag C.I
    Series 4 RAF S.E.5 Pfalz D.III/IIIa Breguet Br.14A2/B2 Rumpler C.IV
    Series 5 M-S Type N AIRCO DH2 Fok. E.III Halb. D.III
    Series 6 Sop. Tripe Hanriot HD1 Avia. D.I SSW D.III
    Series 7 SPAD VII Alb. D.II Bristol F2B Halb. CL.II
    Series 8 Nieu. 28 Fok. E.V/D.VIII Macchi M.5 Hannolver CL.IIIa
    Series 9 Nieu. 11 Phoenix D.I Sop. 1-1/2 Strutter/Comic Alb. C.III
    Large Specials Caproni Ca.3 Gotha G.IV/V H-P O/400 ep. Staaken R.VI
    Other Specials Nieu. 16 (not yet retooled) Caquot M/R/Ae800 balloon

    "Stay On Target!"
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  2. #2

    Default

    Cecil Lewis' SE.5A B658. While Lewis may not have been the top pilot of the war, he's arguably the most talented writer. Plus, I love the night fighter dressing, so I'm going with B658.

    Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 190
Size:  28.8 KB
    Last edited by driph; 05-18-2020 at 22:41.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hugo Schafer's Fokker D.VII. Nexus re-release.
    SO many repaints that can be done with it simply. Many Jastas can be done.
    Karl

    Name:  Schafer Fokker D.7.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  12.7 KB
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hugo Schafer's Fokker D.VII. Nexus re-release.
    SO many repaints that can be done with it simply. Many Jastas can be done.
    Karl
    Totally agree! The only WGF Fokker D.VII with unadulterated wing lozenge!
    So many possibilities...………….

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Totally agree! The only WGF Fokker D.VII with unadulterated wing lozenge!
    So many possibilities...………….
    Add another vote for this D.VII

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    I nominate Major Edward "Mick" Mannock's SE 5a S/N D276 Aircraft A

    Name:  a Mick Mannock SE5a.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  8.1 KB

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I nominate Major Edward "Mick" Mannock's SE 5a S/N D276 Aircraft A

    Name:  a Mick Mannock SE5a.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  8.1 KB
    Rule 3? While Mannock's name is recognizable to us who've boned up...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hugo Schafer's Fokker D.VII. Nexus re-release.
    SO many repaints that can be done with it simply. Many Jastas can be done.
    Karl

    Name:  Schafer Fokker D.7.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  12.7 KB
    DVII is the iconic WWI plane. Karl hit it on the head, Schafer has loads of potential for repaints.

  9. #9

    Default

    Actually, Schafer's Jasta with their high degree of colors standardization would be a prime candidate for a Squadron Pack release, with decal personal markings and different cards for 2 or 3 different pilots. But discussion of that idea might be a candidate for a new thread of its own...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  10. #10

    Default

    If it came with just the red/blue fuselage, at least 10 planes could be done if the white decals were available.

  11. #11

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Rule 3? While Mannock's name is recognizable to us who've boned up...
    Well as the 5th highest scoring Ace in WW1 & a VC winner I thought most folk interested in Wings of Glory would recognise him.
    After all Stan Dallas is not a well known pilot outside Australia & there are two aircraft with his name. The SE5a & the Sop Triplane!

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  12. #12

    Default

    Are we just spinning our wheels or is there an actual possibility of a reprint?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Are we just spinning our wheels or is there an actual possibility of a reprint?
    This is advance research for a private project I intend to submit to Ares in my capacity as one of several Historical Consultants/unofficial "community liaisons." There's nothing official here, but consider that they based an entire wave of Sails on research and development that David Manley, myself and a few others did over at the Anchorage. We're not spinning our wheels even if results may be slow--we're helping me gather ideas and make recommendations to have sitting on-the-shelf ready for when Ares comes back to WGF.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  14. #14

    Default


    DH2 which James McCudden was flying when he scored his first victory on Sept. 6, 1916 while serving with 29 Sq, RFC.
    Attached Images  

  15. #15

    Default

    Sopwith Triplane N5444, Flight Lieutenant Thomas Gray Culling, New Zealand's first ace and wingman to Roderick Dallas No1 squadron RNAS. And "U" deck.

    Name:  Sopwith_Triplane_in_Russland.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  136.9 KB
    Last edited by malachi; 05-20-2020 at 07:40.

  16. #16

    Default

    Have to agree about the D VII. Just a basic red/blue color and then different decal sets. In the Jasta 18 (Osprey) book I counted 9 for this plane and others have said so many different planes can be made from this one. Would be like the new Ju 88, D-17 and BoB set. Same plane but different decals for it.

  17. #17

    Boney10's Avatar South Western Command Squadron Leader.
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    1
    Name
    Chris
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Sorties Flown
    7,300
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Sopwith Triplane N5444, Flight Lieutenant Thomas Gray Culling, New Zealand's first ace and wingman to Roderick Dallas No1 squadron RNAS. And "U" deck.

    Name:  Sopwith_Triplane_in_Russland.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  136.9 KB
    Ares would need to retool the Tripe before a reprint/ repaint to get rid of the abomination released.... no not letting go

  18. #18

    Default

    Fair, can't blame you. And yet they are still fetching ridiculous prices.

    Name:  tripe_ebay.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  48.0 KB

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ares would need to retool the Tripe before a reprint/ repaint to get rid of the abomination released.... no not letting go


    Dude, if they not only won't fix a BADLY undersize Meregildos in Sails but DOUBLE DOWN on under-sizing... you're not getting them to spend the money to retool the Tripe. Not to mention we keep pointing out the slabs compared to the finer quality of the old Nexus wings and they keep on slabbin' 'em anyway...

    There comes a point where you have to accept that a battle's lost and focus on the next fight to prevent losing it too.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    If it came with just the red/blue fuselage, at least 10 planes could be done if the white decals were available.
    Name:  Jasta 15.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  136.4 KB

    Like these?

  21. #21

    Boney10's Avatar South Western Command Squadron Leader.
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    1
    Name
    Chris
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Sorties Flown
    7,300
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post


    Dude, if they not only won't fix a BADLY undersize Meregildos in Sails but DOUBLE DOWN on under-sizing... you're not getting them to spend the money to retool the Tripe. Not to mention we keep pointing out the slabs compared to the finer quality of the old Nexus wings and they keep on slabbin' 'em anyway...

    There comes a point where you have to accept that a battle's lost and focus on the next fight to prevent losing it too.
    Bugger

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Name:  Jasta 15.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  136.4 KB

    Like these?
    EXACTLY! That is why I was so P.O.ed when the repaints of the D.VII reprised Goring. Only useful if you want to repaint the whole thing, with no camo on the wings
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  23. #23

    Default

    I'd like to see some American Camels,

    either Capt Field Kindley's from the 148th Aero Sqn.

    Name:  7VdkpM9.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  44.7 KB


    Or a Camel from the 185th Aero Sqn. 1st Pursuit Group

    Name:  185th aero.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  6.6 KB


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF0DBkEWm9A

  24. #24

    Default

    Or a Belgium Hanriot in Camo


    Name:  Hanriot.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  87.8 KB

  25. #25

    Default

    The Rumpler C-IV gets my vote. Not only a widely used reconnaissance aircraft-both by Germany and Austria-Hungary-but it has a fairly high performance for a two-seater; in general, the Germans lack in-game representation of such (yes, I am aware that such do exist, they just don't get as much attention as the single-seaters). In addition to the base design, made both by Rumpler itself and Pfalz, it served as the basis for the Rumpler 6B seaplane.
    Here's a profile view of an original Rumpler C-IV I managed to snag off the web:
    Name:  Rumpler C-IV.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  117.3 KB

    Though, for the love of all that's unholy, I couldn't tell you who the assigned aircrew or unit was, or what the original paint scheme was.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 05-20-2020 at 17:39.

  26. #26

    Default

    Sam, point of this exercise is to advocate for a specific deco. Ares is probably gonna slow-walk 'em in set order, so I'm trying to line up ideas for 'em to consider when each series's turn comes up.

    No offense, but the way some of you guys argue cases I'm sure glad you're not MY lawyers...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  27. #27

    Default

    To further "sell" Capt Kindley he is a 12 victory ace, which is impressive for the short time he was at the front. In addition one of his victims was Lother von Rictofen. He was a flight commander in the 148th Aero an American squadron that flew with British markings.

  28. #28

    Default

    I applaud the effort here as I love the game and don’t want to see it fall into oblivion. I have a copy of almost every plane made between WoW and WoG WWI. But why do we want more of the same planes? I have so many different types of planes to explore and play that many are still shrink rapped. I understand reprinting to make models available to new gamers but one person can only fly so many planes. For the life of me I cannot figure out why I would want 7 similarly painted D VIIs with slightly different decals?

    I would like to see new aircraft brought to the game so that the game expands. Why couldn’t we nominate what we think the next series is and then take it to Kickstarter or if Ares wants some assurances why don’t they use the GMT system of pre-orders before they embark on new models. This is their business, I understand the need to make money and I am happy to give them mine for new content. Obviously this can’t go on for ever so it has to end somewhere but I gather that there are still some important models missing.

    Please do take this as argumentative. Not trying to be a contrarian here just would rather spend effort finding a solution to get new models.

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Altvater View Post
    I applaud the effort here as I love the game and don’t want to see it fall into oblivion. I have a copy of almost every plane made between WoW and WoG WWI. But why do we want more of the same planes? I have so many different types of planes to explore and play that many are still shrink rapped. I understand reprinting to make models available to new gamers but one person can only fly so many planes. For the life of me I cannot figure out why I would want 7 similarly painted D VIIs with slightly different decals?

    I would like to see new aircraft brought to the game so that the game expands. Why couldn’t we nominate what we think the next series is and then take it to Kickstarter or if Ares wants some assurances why don’t they use the GMT system of pre-orders before they embark on new models. This is their business, I understand the need to make money and I am happy to give them mine for new content. Obviously this can’t go on for ever so it has to end somewhere but I gather that there are still some important models missing.

    Please do take this as argumentative. Not trying to be a contrarian here just would rather spend effort finding a solution to get new models.
    Ken, I started with a thread for that discussion at https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...s-2020-edition - people kept crapping it up to carp about reprints, so I opened this thread to keep "new" and "redeco" discussions in their own lanes.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I nominate Major Edward "Mick" Mannock's SE 5a S/N D276 Aircraft A

    Name:  a Mick Mannock SE5a.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  8.1 KB
    That's an interesting choice. I painted up a Shapeways to be Mannock's plane.

  31. #31

    Default

    When this thread was quite new, I typed up an entry. Unfortunately, my internet went down before it could be posted.
    My question then was why Nexus/Ares don't have a DFW C.V at all? According to a book I was given "Introduced in late 1916, the DFW C.V was the quintessential German two-seater. More DFW C.Vs were built than any other German warplane and it served with distinction until the end of the war. Tough, manoeuvrable, and with good handling characteristics, the DFW C.V was a dangerous opponent of even the best fighters." (Herris & Pearson)
    With a rap like that on performance, and with the numbers produced, it seems strange that we don't have one. So maybe a DFW C.V could be the 2020 plane.

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windy Jack View Post
    When this thread was quite new, I typed up an entry. Unfortunately, my internet went down before it could be posted.
    My question then was why Nexus/Ares don't have a DFW C.V at all? According to a book I was given "Introduced in late 1916, the DFW C.V was the quintessential German two-seater. More DFW C.Vs were built than any other German warplane and it served with distinction until the end of the war. Tough, manoeuvrable, and with good handling characteristics, the DFW C.V was a dangerous opponent of even the best fighters." (Herris & Pearson)
    With a rap like that on performance, and with the numbers produced, it seems strange that we don't have one. So maybe a DFW C.V could be the 2020 plane.
    You want this thread for that Doug: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...s-2020-edition
    This one's about reprints & paint jobs !

    "He is wise who watches"

  33. #33

    Alfgard's Avatar
    Leutnant

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Andreas
    Location
    Bavaria
    Sorties Flown
    28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default

    Could we come back to the topic?

    I realy would like to see this one:
    Name:  IMG_20200522_161845~2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  46.9 KB

    Here is the Background about the pilot Adolf Auer:
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/german...ture-top-nazi/

    It would be a Statement and Show that not all germans were/are "nazis" and they fought side by side.

    Also it is ideal for repaints as the schaefer one:
    Name:  2187807_orig.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  71.0 KB
    Last edited by Alfgard; 05-22-2020 at 07:49.

  34. #34

    Default

    I'd like to select the green & white D.V Alfgard post above. That is the plane of Jasta 40's commander, Helmut Dilthey. I like it simply because it's a flashy, distinctive scheme that would look great on the table.

  35. #35

    Default

    Since I crapped up Diamondback’s thread, I will try to make amends by posting my thoughts on his true proposition.

    What about doing something totally different. I came across this and thought it would be a neat idea if we have to do re-prints, why not do 2 series of captured planes flown by the other side. Here is my example.
    Name:  F9D458FB-9BCB-4229-A36D-F46DBD73D2E1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  67.8 KB

    How about a flight of 3 captured SPADs flown by Germans like this one.

    Next series - an Central Powers fighter flown by 3 Allied Pilots?

    That could create some interesting match ups we can’t currently replicate.

  36. #36

    Default

    Two Squadron Pack candidates for Jasta 40 there... as soon as I'm back to my laptop and my Osprey books I need to start a THIRD thread for that discussion.

    One question, though: If an SP were to have say six to a dozen extra plane/pilot cards, would that be worth a couple bucks extra?
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  37. #37

    Default

    BTW, Ken, you didn't crap it up and nobody's cross with you, just that this forum has a long history of thread hijackings and such. Interesting ideas, interesting discussion fodder, just a matter of keeping things appropriately filed so people looking for that subject can find it.

    I don't think Ares would break up their "series sets", but if we could find any in history a one-shot Special of one "captured" plane for each sculpt running down the sets could be cool. Or, given that it's a niche that probably wouldn't do Mass Market well, maybe make it an exclusive Kickstarter set sold at full-retail price to help with company capitalization. I'd totally buy that Windisch SPAD, but I'm not sure many would--might be better as a T&T-themed release like how the Kissenberth Camel was resurrected from oblivion.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Two Squadron Pack candidates for Jasta 40 there... as soon as I'm back to my laptop and my Osprey books I need to start a THIRD thread for that discussion.

    One question, though: If an SP were to have say six to a dozen extra plane/pilot cards, would that be worth a couple bucks extra?
    I would pay a few dollars more for it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXQltR7vUQ

    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I would pay a few dollars more for it.

    Karl
    So would I!

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    So would I!
    Heck, if they stayed available long enough and cash flow stayed stable I'd buy one for each included card...
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Altvater View Post
    What about doing something totally different. I came across this and thought it would be a neat idea if we have to do re-prints, why not do 2 series of captured planes flown by the other side.

    How about a flight of 3 captured SPADs flown by Germans like this one.

    Next series - an Central Powers fighter flown by 3 Allied Pilots?

    That could create some interesting match ups we can’t currently replicate.

    I like the idea, but I'm only aware of a single Central Powers plane flown in combat by the Entente - a Friedrichshafen G.III by the Belgians!

    Owing to the format of air warfare over the Western Front, with the great majority of action being over/behind German lines, combined with the (usually) much smaller German forces being in sore need of extra aircraft, many flyable aircraft fell into German hands, and were re-badged and flown in combat. I'm aware of at least a dozen, and there are sure to be more than that which I have never discovered.

    I think 60-odd German planes fell into Allied hands, but only a dozen or so were flyable, and these were all (bar one) sent back to Britain for evaluation, and saw no further combat.

    I'd love to know about any combat deployments of captured German planes..............

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Two Squadron Pack candidates for Jasta 40 there... as soon as I'm back to my laptop and my Osprey books I need to start a THIRD thread for that discussion.

    One question, though: If an SP were to have say six to a dozen extra plane/pilot cards, would that be worth a couple bucks extra?
    This would really work well for a lot of German Jastas and most British Squadrons.

  43. #43

    Default

    Building on the Jasta 40 idea.... what if they just made the planes, painted black, decal the wings and paint the tail white except for putting the emblem on the fuselage. Instead provide a small decal sheet with each of the side emblems. Looks like you could then make all 12 planes then from the same model. If they included all the cards for them then I think they are off to the races. Has to be cheaper to produce a few cards more and a sheet of decals than to pay someone to put those decals on the planes and creates the opportunity for someone to want to buy more than 3 of the models.

    Looks to work for Jasta 18 as has been posted. Any other Jasta embellished like this scheme?
    Name:  675435-15526-73-pristine.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  62.9 KB
    Last edited by Von Altvater; 05-22-2020 at 17:47.

  44. #44

    Default

    A metric crapload of candidates in Osprey's Aviation Elite and AC of the Aces books... Jasta 11 looks problematic, as MvR specified the tailfeathers for personal markings.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-22-2020 at 19:10.
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  45. #45

    Default

    BTW - I love the idea of a KS offering of captured planes reused by the Germans!

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Altvater View Post
    Building on the Jasta 40 idea.... what if they just made the planes, painted black, decal the wings and paint the tail white except for putting the emblem on the fuselage. Instead provide a small decal sheet with each of the side emblems. Looks like you could then make all 12 planes then from the same model. If they included all the cards for them then I think they are off to the races. Has to be cheaper to produce a few cards more and a sheet of decals than to pay someone to put those decals on the planes and creates the opportunity for someone to want to buy more than 3 of the models.

    Looks to work for Jasta 18 as has been posted. Any other Jasta embellished like this scheme?
    Jasta 13 (broom is actually Jasta 12, not 13)
    Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  23.2 KB

    Jasta 18 (Berthold)
    Name:  Jasta 15.18 pheon48023reviewjf_1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  79.1 KB


    JG II (Jasta 12, Jasta 19)
    Name:  JGII triplanes.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  57.3 KB
    Attached Images  

  47. #47

    Default

    Gents, I just spun up a new thread to move Squadron Pack ideas to. Rob, would it be possible to slide the relevant posts from here over there?
    Wings of Glory WWI Checklist | WGF Nexus Ser. 1-4 and Ares Ser. 1-2 + 5-9 COMPLETE, RDS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE
    Wings of Glory WWII Checklist | WGS Nexus Ser. 1-2 and Ares Ser. 3-6 COMPLETE, DS 4/4, SS 4/4, Specials COMPLETE

  48. #48



Similar Missions

  1. Spitballing Future Sets, 2020 edition
    By Diamondback in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 05-21-2020, 20:29
  2. WGF Reprint Nominations--SE5/5a Edition
    By Diamondback in forum Polls
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 03:38
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 13:40
  4. Aces of Aces Limited Edition Reprint Kickstarter
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 04:34
  5. Deluxe Edition Reprint Possible
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:43

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •