Ares Games

Thread: Lest we Forget: 75 Years ago today

Default Lest we Forget: 75 Years ago today

75 years ago we of this small island, together with our allies from around the globe celebrated the end of the war in Europe. Today we remember all those that gave their everything to bring peace to Europe.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

A few shots of my Memorial Flypast Chris.
    Attached Images     
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice layout Rob.

Lest we forget
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That’s fantastic Rob, well done sir

Lest we forget

And now the flypast from The Fleet Air Arm.
    Attached Images   

Very smart, remembering the brave men and women on this special day

Another date that sticks in my head, never to be forgotten, like September 1st, September 3rd, August 6th, August 15th, November 11th and December 7th.

A very important day. A monumental joined effort to save the world from brutal domination.

And finally the Desert Airforce.
    Attached Images   

Well done, Air Vice Marshall! A fitting tribute!

What they all said!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks chaps.
    If you look very closely at the cliffs flanking the Solent you will see myself with the Air Chief Marshall and Her Majesty taking the salute. All safely socially distancing ourselves.

Rob.

lest we forget. wish i had the room to set up my own fly past like that lol.

Here are a couple of shots of our Socially distanced street party on the close.
    Attached Images          

Great pics, Rob.
    I see you have managed to avoid the duplicate pics and only show the 'blue' ones.
    How do you manage that?

Lovely community with a great respect for their history and their freedoms! Cheers!

Save as usual Pete, which gives the double images, then edit and cut teach of the original pictures. When you re-save only the attatched images remain, which is OK as long as you don't want to print info in between pictures.
    To do that you have to save to an album and then post the picture from there.

Rob.

That’s terrific Rob. Wish my street had done that

I did notice that this wasn't posted until I noticed it in the room. Yes VE day. A salute to all who served to give us what we have these days. Other then being in stay at home for the virus.

Great way to celebrate Rob. It must be very nice to have like minded and spirited neighbors to do this with.

It all started with going out for the Thursday evening clap, after the second week I suggested having tables out for a "Happy Hour" with drinks culminating with the clap. Then we started having a themed clap with Fancy Dress to keep people doing something in the week. Two weeks ago we pushed the boat out for a neighbour who had lost her husband last year and was all alone. It was her 80th birthday so we had a party for her and set up a table in the middle of the street with all sealed food from the Supermarket, and each family went up one at a time to collect a wrapped share of the food.
    That lasted all the Saturday afternoon.
    That is what gave My neighbour Geoff and myself the idea for VE day.
    We had his radio out broadcasting for the silence, and the King's speech, Winston's and then the Queen during the day. I interspersed it with a collection of songs and marches from the period on my MP3 player. We rounded off the evening proper with Sunset playing as we lowered all the main flag in each garden. However the unofficial party went on long after that!
    Anyone got an idea for Happy hour next Thursday?

Rob.

Well I'll be having a happy hour as its my brithday, lol

Hope it lasts more than an hour Chris.
    Many Happy Returns.

Rob.

Similar Missions

1. 100 years ago today
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 07:45
  2. 75 YEARS AGO TODAY
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 06:46
  3. Six years old today.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 34