Thread: Reduction in Service - Not shipping to France or Spain

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Reduction in Service - Not shipping to France or Spain

France and Spain have reduced postal service in an effort to reduce person-to-person contact.

On my end, that has resulted in failed deliveries to customers in those countries.

My practice has been to replace or refund orders that have gone missing in the post. In normal times, that's a rare event. It's now become a common occurrence in these cases and I cannot afford the losses.

Effective immediately, I have stopped taking orders from France and Spain. I will begin shipping to those locations once their postal systems are back to normal.

My apologies to those affected. Kevin

Sad but inevitable, how long is the question on all our minds . . . keep up the good work! The fog will lift. Planes will need attire, and we will be off!

Completely understandable, must be a nightmare at the moment

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Post has ground to a halt in the majority of French cities and that's where the main sorting offices are.
    Here in Sticks Ville the post offices have been closed for several weeks, you just leave your mail outside with some coin of the realm and Mr Le Facture takes it to the depot and posts it. Quaint

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Not sure how long they will keep going here in the states. Been waiting on one order out of England for over a month and have a second one in with them (Warlords, first is a replacement part). Sooner or later will have to stop ordering anything and then sit there and stare at mounds of unpainted stuff till I go crazy. Or paint those Aim planes I have been sitting on for over a year. Even my FLGS has gone to order and pick up at the door the last month or so, at least I can keep my paint inventory up. I do have a single bottle back stock of everything so I never run dry in the middle of a project though.

The Post Office is still in action here Ken but appears Warlord is working at reduced capacity.
    https://store.warlordgames.com/pages/coronavirus-update

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Seems reasonable practice and I hope things improve soon. Thank you for my recent order (my first). Great stuff!

Several companies are working at reduced capacity. I ordered some new paint brushes from Internet hobbies, and they still haven't shipped yet. I have a couple of orders from the UK I placed over a month ago and I am still waiting on them. Normally only takes a couple of weeks. I read an article where it said a lot of the international mail was transported on passenger airlines. Well, not many of them are flying so it may take a while to get anything. It is a mess everywhere right now.

My three orders from Australia have yet to arrive - the oldest is nearly five weeks.
    I have received a text to say one has landed in the UK.

Two orders from the USA have not yet shipped.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Well done Spain.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 00:45