Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WGS for Tabletop Simulator

Still working on the bombers- few more tweaks to account for different base sizes left to do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGSX.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	294856

I've been away from my coding machine for a little while, but found some time to do a little work in paint shop and knock up a vokes filter, so now have lots of Hurricanes!

Name:	WGS_Hurricanes.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	295120
    And of course the tropicalised Hurricanes need something to shoot down..

Name:	WGS_109s.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	295121
    The next release is almost ready, just a final pass over the bomb code required to check that the 'bomb' button is appearing only when legal. For now the aircraft will have an infinite supply of bombs and the 'full load' penalty is not implemented - it's up to the user to track these things should they wish. Tracking the number of bomb loads carried and implementing the full load penalty shouldn't be too hard, its just not worth putting off another release for. There is also placeholder code for rockets and even torpedoes if i can find/come up with a suitable ruleset. I'm also considering adding a settings menu to determine which advanced rules are in play but this may be some way off.

Looking good.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Ok, Just uploaded V0.13 to steam which includes all the shiny new toys and bombing code. I still need to create a few more targets to actually drop bombs on but those are a project for the next update.

In doing some research I spotted a number of issues with my Wildcat model, so after some rework I not have a range of pretty accurate cats. Still need to finish textures for the Martlet II, IV, V and VI. Then effectively all major variants will be covered.

Name:	WGS_Wildcats.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	296346
    Last edited by Woof; 01-14-2021 at 13:55. Reason: Image upload fixed.

WOW. I need to go track this down!!

Sorry Mark.
    I can't seem to read your attachment.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Ok, first version is up on Steam Workshop:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2081041122
    Plenty still to do, but I'm getting my head around the code side of things now, so hopefully more automated functionality soon.
    I would love to give it a try nd see how it all works but I can not get my Steam to even find or download it. Oh well guess it is not meant for me.

Thanks Mark, and those superb images were well worth the wait.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Am I years too late? Or is this still available, looks awesome.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    No, Mark's still working on it's upgrades.
    I haven't gotten it yet, mostly because I don't Steam yet. Sometime though...
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Is there a WW1 version by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    It's currently available through the steam workshop assuming you already have Tabletop Simulator (unfortunately you have to pay for that but it comes up on half price sale quite often). I am continually adding features and aircraft, but the add-on is in a relatively stable playable state already.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTKIRK406 View Post
    I would love to give it a try nd see how it all works but I can not get my Steam to even find or download it. Oh well guess it is not meant for me.
    The posted link still works for me. You should also be able to find it in the Tabletop Simulator workshop through the Steam client but the search functionality there can be hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Is there a WW1 version by any chance?
    There is a Tabletop Simulator mod called "Wings over the trenches" which broadly replicates WW1 Wings of glory. Though that mod is no longer being developed by its author and does not include scripting for movement etc. so it is quite fiddly to play. I have considered developing a WW1 version but haven't really got the time to do both at the moment.

Nice work so far Woof. My brother and I just finished up a 2.5 hr play session on the game and had a blast. We noticed the Immelmann turn on the wildcats and the D.520 were bugged in that it would place the Immelmann card kitty-corner to the base instead of across the top. They both share the D maneuver deck so possibly something to do with the D deck. Also The Bf 109E-7 Trop is showing the maneuver deck as all the bomb cards you’ve mentioned working on.

We’re looking forward to the continued development. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback, I've tracked down the problem with the D deck. The B deck is odd as the cards appear correct when pulled from the deck. I have fixes for both issues and will be updating the mod shortly to include these and the Wildcat models.

Managed to play my first game with this and had a couple issues I wanted to bring to your attention. (YES I finally got it to download!!!). I could not load the Luftwaffe 109 E-3 or E-4. The Tropic one loaded but not the others. I also had times where the speed markers would stop working and I would have to just accept whatever speed it decided for me of in the case of one of the 109s It just stopped working completely so I had to essentially remove the plane from the game as I could not plan the second move at all.

Bomb script worked great though for the JU88! Damage markers work great and the game recognized them immediately which was great as well. Thoroughly enjoy the game and will continue to play it for sure. Now just need to get some other people here in it and play some games.

Glad you got it working. The speed selection enforces the acceleration rules so sometimes it will prevent you from changing speed. It should never lock you out entirely though so if you have more details on what combination of moves caused that I can hopefully fix it.

I had did a fast gentle right turn with my 109 and was going to follow up with a fast straight, but it would not let me select a speed at all. I kept getting the error no maneuver speed selected when I tried to SET. The speed token spot was just completely locked up. (Also, the slow speeds are showing as just a white box.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ERROR.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	296722)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. National Tabletop Gaming Expo
    By Skafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-21-2019, 13:32
  2. Combat Flight Simulator 3 viewing skins
    By pbhawkin in forum Officer's Club