As some of you may have seen over in the officers club, I have been tinkering with creating a version of WGS in tabletop simulator.
Rather than continue to hijack that thread, I have created this one to document progress.

Initial plan for a first release is to have a largely manual version (i.e. physically manipulating pieces as in real life) with up to 8 A6M2s, F4Fs or P-40Es on the table. The mix of aircraft (fighter bases only) can be easily altered and expanded as only the relevant 3D models are required as the various manoeuvre decks and fighter bases are already created.

As of today the initial version is 90% complete in that the assets exist to play manually, however I need to tweak the table design and a few components such that everything is actually usable and the relevant hidden information remains hidden.

In the longer term I am looking at scripting various features to make play flow much more easily and will be implementing them in largely this order:
- Model 'peg' adjustment (already implemented) - the models float above their base and can be adjusted in height using +/- buttons.
- Automated firing range/arc checking - presenting a list of viable targets
- Automated movement of 2nd card to 1st slot - initially a simple button to shift cards and speed token over.
- Automated altitude - tracking climb counters and once sufficient then incrementing model altitude.
- Automated damage tracking - initially a simple boom chit detector, but eventually a total value calculator and special damage announcer (e.g auto draw of fire/smoke chits). If i can figure out turn traking, removal of smoke/fire chits and drawing of associated damage could be automated.
- Automated movement - this is the biggest and toughest one to crack but should be achievable.

As things progress I will almost certainly make some visual tweaks as well.

Comments, suggestions and assistance all welcome!

Some teaser material on progress so far:

P-40s in flight.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircraft.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	286244

A Damage Chits
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DamageA.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	99.9 KB