Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WGS for Tabletop Simulator

Yeah, it sounds like having the texture masters would work best - would it be possible to upload them to the forums and have them be downloadable there?

Had a productive evening working on the control board code to allow for saving and loading games in progress. The backend code is working but there is still a little more to be done to make sure the control board UI loads in the correct state and picks up the saved data properly.

I also had the revelation that I don't need the small deck board anymore as the fast deck board also works with the small decks. Obvious I know, but I guess because I implemented the fast board second I thought it may need additional code. Instead I had just created a config control nightmare as changes to one board's code then had to be replicated on the other.

Whilst I was at it I also found the cause (or at least a cause) of the speed lockout bug, so that should hopefully be fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotSpark View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like having the texture masters would work best - would it be possible to upload them to the forums and have them be downloadable there?
    They are quite large and there are quite a few so not sure if uploading them here might take some time. I back up all my work to google drive periodically so I could could grant you access to some of the files there for download if there are particular textures you are interested in working on.
    Note: the Ju87, 88, FW190D, Hurricane I, Spitfire I-V, Whirlwind all have multiple texture sets ready for the next update.

The next update will also include the BF-109F in various versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I also found the cause (or at least a cause) of the speed lockout bug, so that should hopefully be fixed in the next update.
    Sounds good! Let's hope it's squashed once and for all this time

They are quite large and there are quite a few so not sure if uploading them here might take some time. I back up all my work to google drive periodically so I could could grant you access to some of the files there for download if there are particular textures you are interested in working on.
    That definitely seems like a more reasonable thing to do - I'll PM you and keep this out of the thread for now.

The next update will also include the BF-109F in various versions.
    Goodie! One of my favourite planes, and specifically one of my favourite versions of it

Still working on the latest code update to allow saving/loading of the game state so you can stop a session in progress and pick it up later.

Many model fixes now ready to be implemented too.

And rounding out the Spitfire collection (at least the merlin versions):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGS.jpg  Views: 53  Size: 34.1 KB  ID: 306311" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Default Active?

Is this still active?

Is anyone using it? I would be interested in trying it on and playing online.

Still working on the latest code update to allow saving/loading of the game state so you can stop a session in progress and pick it up later.

Many model fixes now ready to be implemented too.

And rounding out the Spitfire collection (at least the merlin versions):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGS.jpg  Views: 53  Size: 34.1 KB  ID: 306311" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Quote Originally Posted by kansasboyd View Post
    Is this still active?
    It's still up on the steam workshop, and I'm still working on it. Progess has slowed down in direct proportion to lifting of COVID restrictions and age of my toddler. I have been collaborating on aircraft with some guys working on a "Check your six" mod so should be some more content soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kansasboyd View Post
    Is anyone using it?
    Hopefully!

Awesome!

any way to get ahold of those using it to check it out?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. National Tabletop Gaming Expo
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-21-2019, 12:32
  2. Combat Flight Simulator 3 viewing skins
    By pbhawkin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 21:47
  3. PC flight simulator - Youtube clip
    By Biggles downunder in forum Officer's Club