Thread: The current situation - not accepting custom decal requests

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default The current situation - not accepting custom decal requests

First, I hope all are well and stay that way. Good on this end.

The current situation has many folks painting and finishing models. On my end, that's led to a rather sizeable increase in decal orders. Most of my days are now filled with printing and shipping orders. The downside of that is that it's taken up all of the time normally used for drafting and organizing new decal sheets.

As far as the business goes, my primary concern is to fill and ship orders. As time permits, I will work on existing requests for new decal sheets. I will not be accepting requests for new decal sheets for the next 4-6 weeks.

The best way to contact me is through my store account www.miscmini.com

Paint well and stay well, Kevin

Thank you for letting us know.
    Please stay well also.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Hmmm... It has taken too long for me to get my stuff together for a project that has been in the back of my mind for years.

My Lend-Lease trip to Prague allowed me to get my hands on a model that has sat on my desk since April last year, waiting for me to formulate how I was going to paint it. And, after looking all over the place for 1/144th scale decals for Canadian Air Force planes, and being unsuccessful, I thought I'd make my own. However, I knew someone who could make awesome decals in 1/144th scale, if I could produce a template for the decals I wanted.

I finally managed to find the decals, and produce something that might work on the Avrocar.

Decals that came with the model. These are the "What-if" decals for a production version of the Avrocar:
    02_BRS144028_L.JPG

Decals from another version of the same model. These are the Historical decals from the prototype:
    Avrocar_160.png

My version of a Royal Canadian Air Force Avrocar, if it was done in Low Visibility Greys:
    Avrocar RCAF decal.png

The Low Vis theme is a "What-if" concept had the Avrocar been wildly successful, and acheived the 300mph speed in the design specifications, and had it been able to actually fly, not just hover in ground-effect mode.

This has taken a long time already. It can wait a bit longer.

Ref: Wacky Wings of War - Post #33
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-28-2020 at 10:14.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. decal paper for home-made decal printing
    By Gallo Rojo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2018, 12:53
  2. New Products: Decal sheets, ACE flight stands, and Custom Flight Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 07:51
  3. Snoopy Knows How To Make The Best Of Any Situation
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 14:14
  4. HUGE Wings of War Collection!!! Need to unload everything ASAP (Accepting offers)!!!
    By paintballguy in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:31