Ares Games

Thread: fokker d.vii / immelman

Default fokker d.vii / immelman

okay, I know the Immelman is straight - immelman - straight, dead simple. Now we come to the d.vii. it has a short straight (which doesn't have the indicator bottom left) rules wise it's not a stall manover (yes i know its spelt wrong) no stall indicator as on the other stall card. so could you play straight - immelman - non stall straight or is it "I say dear chap, that's just not cricket?" I'm leaning to the not cricket / spirit of the game angle but a no stall indicator makes it a straight. Fellow Flyers - Go

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

A stall is a stall and not a straight. The indicator you mentioned just say if a manouver is steep or not. So no special Immelmann for the D.VII.

thanks for the information Florian. Thought as much but every now and then your mind goes "mmm, what if?"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

I have to thank you! Those rule questions help to approve the rules and overthink them. There are some rule details I recognized just by those questions of my co-players:
    Examples:
    - Altitude limit of 4 includes altitude 4 + any climb markers.
    - Stalls are no straights and can therefore be placed while on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    ...but a no stall indicator makes it a straight...
    Sadly not Iain. A straight up arrow makes it a straight, so no good for an Immel.
    This particular manoeuvre supposedly represents the ability of the Fok.D.VII to 'hang on it's prop' & is very handy when in a tight situation.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

played a couple of solo games last night flying a D.VII on a strafe the trenches defended by a Spad XIII. Discovered the viscious v. short right and left turn. First game damaged the trench and shot down the Spad, second game destroyed the trench and spent he next 40 minutes chasing the Spad round the table, always on it's tail, always just out of range, until it Immeled on me. Got it with the Boom card in the end. For me - both games finished with me going down in flames. Good fun though.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Play with altitude rules and extinguish the fire with an Overdive. The Overdive is also a good way to attack trenches, as you could avoid damage while the frontal attack run.

Similar Missions

1. Two seaters and Immelman
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 14:00
  2. The Immelman in practice
    By steel_ratt in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 19:44
  3. The Immelman... Illustrated
    By usmc1855 in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 35