Ares Games

Thread: New Player

Users Country Flag

Name
    Neal
    Sorties Flown

Default New Player

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have an interest in WW1 history, especially the air aces.
    I've only just got into Wings of Glory WW1, so my experience of the system is still quite minimal at the moment which I hope to rectify, now that I've got some planes on route in the post.
    I've just recently moved to Gloucester, so it would be nice to know if there is anyone else that plays this game locally, either in the Cheltenham or Gloucester area.
    I've noticed there's also a store on here!
    What's everyone's experience with buying planes on it from the UK?
    As I'm sure everyone is aware it's quite difficult to find stores locally that stock planes.
    It looks like I have some catching up to do.

Cheers,

Neal

Hello Neal

Welcome to the Show. Dive in n enjoy yourself. If you've got a question, just ask it and the font of all wisdom which is this Forum will answer it and boy, as a Newbie in October 2019, I've asked some lulus. Aerodrome Store is great. If it's there and you order it our Herr Oberst will get it to you. As long as you don't want Amazon Prime. Very happy bunny with the stuff I've bought.

Hi Neal and welcome to the Drome.
    I get a lot of my products from Keith on the site here.
    You can usually miss the customs if you are lucky unless your parcel is so big that it excites interest, but you often get hit for tax and the £8 whatever handling charge. Still a good deal because Keith usually has very competitive prices, and preorders always attract a discount on forthcoming items.
    Re the scene in Glos have a word with Dave Manley he will probably be able to give you the SP.

Hopefully see you in the Mess later for a virtual drop of Mothers' ruin and a good old chinwag.

Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the 'drome Neal from sunny Dorset.
    The Aerodrome store is excellent and can work out cheaper than buying it in the UK particularly if you don't get clobbered for tax & post office charges.
    Entoyment in Poole is my local game store, currently out of action, but they do cater for us WoG (SoG, BSG, TnT) chaps quite well.
    Their website is down for maintenance currently. https://entoyment.co.uk/miniatures-and-wargames
    They are posting loads of pics of last years gaming on FB if you use that.

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Neal, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'Drome from across the pond!

Welcome from Portland, Oregon, Neal

Hi Neal, welcome to the 'Drome!

I thoroughly recommend the "Aerodrome Accessories" store - used it a dozen or so times myself.
    "Entoyment" is my first UK stop, when it's open.
    ebay has RRP planes from "Gameslore", "Gamesquest" and "ekundo"; "Zatu Games" charge a wee bit more. Beware other sellers who charge phenomenal prices, but don't appear to actually sell anything (no surprises there!).

If you're after anything in particular, drop me a PM - I might be able to source one or two minis for you.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the drome

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Neal, from here near Norwich.

Welcome to the drome. I’m new too. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

welcome to the drome Neal!!!

Welcome to the 'Drome' Neal. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to the Drome Neal from down in Dorset.

I'll echo the earlier recommendations for Entoyment in Poole as a source for Wings, Tripods and Galactica supplies.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Neal
    Sorties Flown

Thanks again for the welcome messages. If I can think of anything I need I'll definitely ask thanks!
    How do I get a groovy plane avatar?

Welcome to the Drome Neal, There is an article somewhere on how to get an avatar
    If memory serves, there are a few simple ones for free, then others require paid membership. Custom avatars require gold membership.

Lest we forget

Glad you found your way onto the Forum Neil..

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful form on the net! I joined at the beginning of March 2020. Everyone has been very
    helpful. If ya want to know something just ask. These guys are top notch! The one thing you should know, they are enablers
    and will encourage you to sell your soul to buy more planes! Lol well maybe not your soul but close to it. I started out with 3 planes and before ya knew it I had 15 planes ✈️ two game mats and a King Kong. ( you will find out about King Kong!) see they have me doing it. Lol It is an addicting game.
    So with that said good luck form your Brother from across the pond in Florida U.S.A.

Sgt. S. C. C. Retired

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the US.

In addition to the aerodrome store-which, like others, I highly recommend-keep an eye on the files section of the 'drome, which has many, many, "unofficial" aircraft, terrain mats, scenarios, etc, etc. And then there's the sale/trade/wanted classifieds section of the forums.Especially, but not limited to, Clipper's lists, which he occasionally updates. Not that I am one of the enablers that the other Sam mentioned. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    (welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the US.

In addition to the aerodrome store-which, like others, I highly recommend-keep an eye on the files section of the 'drome, which has many, many, "unofficial" aircraft, terrain mats, scenarios, etc, etc. And then there's the sale/trade/wanted classifieds section of the forums.Especially, but not limited to, Clipper's lists, which he occasionally updates. Not that I am one of the enablers that the other Sam mentioned. Not at all.

lol

YES! I have downloaded lots of good material from the file section and have used quite a bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbs543 View Post
    Thanks again for the welcome messages. If I can think of anything I need I'll definitely ask thanks!
    How do I get a groovy plane avatar?
    Check this thread in news & announcements - site rules & info Neal.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ding-an-Avitar

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. British Columbia: New WW2 Player in BC
    By Amish_rabbi in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-09-2018, 08:28
  2. Central England New player
    By Hereford in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 13:26