Ares Games

Thread: Sopwith Pup--Damage Points?

Question Sopwith Pup--Damage Points?

G'day All!
    Just wanted to re visit the current thinking on the Damage Points given to the Pup by the Committee.
    As far as I can find the last allocated DP's were 12.
    In light of newer models like the DH-2 & Spad VII I think the Pup should be upgraded to 13 DP's.
    Anyone like to comment on this?

The SPAD, and especially the DH2, should be downgraded by 1, not have the Pup upgraded.

The stronger German planes, with their steel tube construction instead of wooden frames, aluminium struts instead of spruce wood, and laminated plywood fuselages instead of stretched canvas, are already too low in damage points in comparison.

Just my two penn'rth.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Not on the committee, of course, so I'm not familiar with the metrics used to reach these figures Baz but looking at the Tools for Working Out Stats doc it would suggest this is considered of light construction built in 1916 to arrive at the 11-12 bracket.
    With 12 points it's on a par with the Nieuport 17 /21/ 23 types which I'd look at to be it's contemporary's so I think it's a reasonable amount.
    The SPAD VII and the DH.2 look to be of more robust construction to me so that's maybe why they attracted the higher DP, whether they are correct in comparison is another matter.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I wonder if the DH.2 gets as many as it does because there is not as much to hit ...
    a bonus for hitting 'air'

i agree with tim that german steel tube framed a/c are already underrated compared to entente aircraft.

Similar Missions

1. Has anyone modified the damage dealt? Per Barrel Damage - Ramped Up, Consistant
    By Lord of Girth in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 18:03
  2. Sopwith Triplane damage deck
    By stringfly in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 13:56
  3. Query on Damage points Zero Vs Wildcat?
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 03:38
  4. Damage points for Kate Torpedo plane?
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 15:47
  5. Damage points for Balloons
    By tikkifriend in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:17