Ares Games

Thread: First Ares Games paint and photo contest on Facebook

Default First Ares Games paint and photo contest on Facebook

From Ares Games’ facebook

- - -

FIRST ARES GAMES PAINT AND PHOTO CONTEST!
    It's not the right time for jokes, so let's do something fun and serious instead!
    We all have a little more time on our hands as we #stayathome, and many of you are taking advantage of this extra time to paint and post beautiful minis from our games, such as Sword & Sorcery, Galaxy Defenders, WAR OF THE RING, or beautiful mods for Wings of Glory Miniature Game or Battlestar Galactica - Starship Battles.
    So, here are the rules...

UNTIL APRIL 10th - join the Ares Games Official Group and comment on the "First Ares Games Paint and Photo Contest Gallery" pinned post and uploading a photo featuring your paint or modeling creation based on one of our games (any game featured on http://www.aresgames.eu/games qualifies as "ours" even if from a partner).
    If you are not a great modeler or painter - Just do a great photo and post it. Our games are beautiful to photograph even in their original format!

A jury composed of the home-working Ares Games team will then select the 8 best entries (entries can be judged on either the quality of the item or the quality of the photo). On APRIL 15th we will announce the selected entries, and they will compete against each other in a "social battle," with our followers - you - voting for them.

The winner will receive a gift coupon of $ 300 value and 3 runner-ups will each receive a gift coupon of $ 100 value.

If you are on Instagram, share the foto on your IG with the tags #aresgames #2020photocontest and the name of the game. If you win a prize and you posted your photo on Instagram, too, you will get an extra $ 50 coupon.

To make the contest more fun, please share this post with your friends, so we can get a thousand beautiful photos!

I don't do social media, but best of luck to all who enter and I look forward to seeing your creations.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I am curious too. I feel to be part of the organization so I will not take part, but I'll follow.
    Ok, just pretending. Reality is that I am not good at painting, and I am out of exercise too. I only painted a single plane in the last 30 years, buying old-styled Humbrol enamels on purpose and tasting that ancient smell of poisonous vapors that worried my mum so much in the '80s. It's a Regia Aeronautica P-38 used by Colonnello Angelo Tondi in the air defense of Rome, that took its toll of a couple of B-17. A subject I love, but an execution that would not be bad for a 13 years old starting the hobby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TondiB17.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	284534

That the guy who they had to specially bring in a YB-40 gunship as a flying flak-trap to get rid of?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Colonnello Tondi is historical, operating above Rome and in central Italy (the two USAF bombers scored are over Tor Vajanica and Capua). Then some legends arised from his deeds - You refer to the story of Guido Rossi, that's ficyional instead even if based on the real P-38.

Name:	capturado-p38.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	284537

Name:	P38.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	284536

Thanks for setting me straight, Andrea. With how fried my brain is right now, I half expect to see something fall UP instead of down... better work than I woulda been capable of in that scale, even in my prime before the tremors.

FYI, I hope you don't mind that I shared your pic and post with the P-38 paint thread here.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 04-02-2020 at 15:03.

april 10th???? no pressure there lol!

Well yes, not too much time. But you just need to take the pic. I am quite sure that a few of you here have at least one or two repaints already done in the past, don't you?

Offtopic: A., you have a PM when you have time.

ARES has selected 8 pictures for the final prize.
    The first one is a comics that already gets the special jury prize.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/25914
    Let’s vote for the best one.

Name:	BDF1C92C-6D36-437C-8B70-8B8791D7316B.jpeg 
Views:	292 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	285572

Name:	7E6F82B1-D4FC-41D9-8807-F0ABCB76A6B2.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	285573

Name:	9C559DB2-0F91-44DE-945F-2F6FCE3B6992.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	285574

I have sent a picture of my only repaint made years ago (Bourjade´s Spad XIII) but as I am not a talented painter, I have made two creations but none of them qualify for the final round.

Name:	51166A0C-F2E4-4746-B725-62A0DCBB2E23.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	285575

Name:	12E7C8C8-0FA7-41A3-958E-4CFE50FBB28E.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	285576

Name:	38E40698-9C1B-40C6-A63C-7E2B295569DE.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	285577

I love Bourjades' SPAD XIII! It was a candidate for a official repaint. Alas it has rounded wing tips, so it would not be accurate on our model.

Trevor Dow (aka Roger Wilco on the Aerodrome) has made the beautiful diorama of Red Baron’s last fight.
    Let’s help him to win the contest.
    Just follow the link below, select the Like button and then choose the Heart icon.
    https://www.facebook.com/AresGames/

Name:	9BD9331A-EC44-42C2-829D-9C2705AB7837.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	286585
    Last edited by monse; 04-30-2020 at 01:25.

Sorry, no FB, no comment...

"He is wise who watches"

I voted as soon as it was posted

Been meaning to, finally did it.
    Go Trevor!

Sorry, no Farcebook for me.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Trevor Dow (aka Roger Wilco on the Aerodrome) has made the beautiful diorama of Red Baron’s last fight.
    Thanks to our previous votes, he has reached the final.
    Let’s help him to win the contest.
    Just follow the link below, select the Like button and then choose the Wouah icon

Moreover, one of the fans commenting this page will get a special bonus giveaway (either a copy of War of the Ring, or a Beginner’s set WW1 WOG Rules and planes).
    You must be a follower of this page to qualify for the giveaway prize.

Name:	4BBA03F8-5C26-4D70-8707-8D67E2DDC6E0.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	286987
    Last edited by monse; 05-06-2020 at 09:42.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Sorry, no FB, no comment...
    i was in Facebook Jail for 30 days for speaking out against the Chinese Government and a few choice words to describe them and their handling of the Covid 19 virus. Lol just got out the 1st. Lol

That's it, I voted! Nice there are planes to be won , you never know? (thanks for the info Monse) in addition by voting we will show to Ares Games all together that we still really like our aerial table game in 2020 and that throughout its catalog, well, yes it is the most beautiful on set and in photo, good but that we already knew!

Very clever analysis, Bruno.

Voted .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Came back to vote, got me playing this lovely game again!

Its currently neck and neck, with Trevor slightly ahead. 171 leads 168. Don't forget to vote!

Asking for a friend who is hard of thinking - how does one vote, other than putting a comment of Facebook?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I hope it can help, Steve :

How to vote
    1) Click on « Like ».
    2) Then, roll on the Like icon to make the other icons appear : select the Wouah icon .

How to take part to the Special Giveaway Prize
    3) Become a Follower by clicking on « Following ».
    4) Click on « Commenter » and write your comment.

Name:	270C9F7F-B563-4799-A087-9AABBB4A7878.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	287106

Merci mon ami. I am sure I, err, I mean my friend will find this useful.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Merci mon ami. I am sure I, err, I mean my friend will find this useful.
    Fluent Franglais there Steve and don't forget to vote for your" friend "as well

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Trevor has my vote

Voted, commented, and followed. Good luck, Trevor!

Good luck, Trevor. You got my vote

Trevor has my vote! Good luck!!!

I'm currently seeing 91 likes for Trevor's entry and 118 for the the other one. Come on guys, we need to bring some air support to this contest for Trevor!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'm currently seeing 91 likes for Trevor's entry and 118 for the the other one. Come on guys, we need to bring some air support to this contest for Trevor!
    I made it 92 votes... well, actually... my wife did. I don't do FB, but I do use 1Password and therefore I can login to her account. Gets her back for logging into my Amazon account and putting Depends in my cart.

The Mordor forces (420 votes) have been more powerful than the WOG community.
    The Red Baron last flight takes the second place with 245 votes.
    Congratulations anyway Trevor (aka Roger Wilco on the Aerodrome).

Name:	3DC2BDBC-B410-4278-B664-9BBC6AF3A44D.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	287496

Name:	14513814-E4B7-4712-8891-585DA74D5426.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	287495

Hi everyone,
    Well the picture came second and as Monse says, “I was beaten by the forces of Mordor”.
    Three cheers to Ares and Roberto for running the comp,
    three cheers to all the voters, there were a lot of them.
    I would just like to take the time to say thank you to everyone that took the time and effort to vote and get me through to the finals, it has been humbling so thanks folks.
    I’d like to give out an honorable mention to two people that brought the competition to the notice of a wider community and those two are Leslie Applebee (Uncle Les) and our Monse Thanks guys you both went above and beyond and I really appreciate your “spamming” efforts. Many more Cheers to you two as you both helped my voting score look much more respectable than it would otherwise have been.

Again everyone, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 51FE4FDA-A71F-4E98-97E6-BD6D8774E5D6.jpg  
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 05-13-2020 at 03:01.

Thanks for making such an awesome picture!

Well done, Trevor.
    (I still think ya shudda won ..)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Well done, Trevor.
    (I still think ya shudda won ..)
    Agreed. Is there somewhere we can learn more about that playmat? It's superb.

so were any other drome members runners up?

Here is the winner of the Special Giveaway Prize : an Italian lover of Lord of the Rings.
    Is he a member of the Aerodrome ?

https://www.facebook.com/AresGames/p..._comment_reply

Name:	E4B3998E-1D2A-454B-8F53-5A50F66B022C.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	287553

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2020, 15:11
  2. Ares Games Contest - win a Caproni
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 10:56
  3. Ares Games "WW2 Wings of Glory" Contest on BGG site
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 02:33
  4. Ares Games promoting our site on Facebook!
    By Rat of Vengence in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 03:37
  5. Ares Games Wings of Glory contest - minis and Starter Set to be won!
    By Angiolillo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 13:06