Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for duty

Wink Reporting for duty

Peter Pipper reporting for duty. Learning how to use the website. Living in LA county. Bought a Wings of War collection. It also has some Wings of Glory planes. Trying to learn the fine points of the game. I’m not a modeler, I just want to buy them. I appreciate and admire those of you who build their own game pieces.

Welcome to the 'Drome! If you want to make gameplay easier, or are lacking the imagination to make up new scenarios, be sure to check out the file section!

Welcome to you Frank, from me in Bristol UK

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Frank, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom. If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome, Frank, from the north of you in Portland, Oregon.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I noticed most of you have an airplane and a banner on your page. How do I get those?

Welcome to Aerodrome from the Pacific Northwest, Frank.

Greetings and welcome Frank! If you are logged in, click upper right on settings and then left sidebar under 'My Settings', edit avatar. You can select a plane there. There may be a way to make your own but I'm clueless on that I'm afraid.

Hello Frank and welcome. Unfortunately many of us cannot play with each other these days with the virus thing going on. However, there are solo games available including a Wings of Glory app that you can use on your phone. Enjoy.

Thumbs up

G'day Frank & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Lots of great info available here to help you learn & enjoy this great game.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Frank!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome aboard, Frank! Look around a bit. Check out how you can edit your profile. And check the Files section for some fantastic downloadable info. I’ve only been a member for about 3 months myself, so feel free to send me a Personal Message with any questions about what to do first. Click on Von Scharf and you’ll see a pop up to send private message.

There are some amazingly creative and inspiring folks here.

Greetings from a breezy Space Coast. I also highly recommend spending time in the Files section of the site. Tons of great info in there. Happy flying.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Frank. If you have any questions ask away. There are many knowledgeable folk here more than willing to help you out.

As said above it is now difficult to fly with others so using a solo system can help you learn the game. There is a phone app and in the files several sets of charts for all the different planes. My wife and I enjoy flying together against 'The Machine'.

There are plenty great scenarios to play. Look into the Campaign Discussions in either the WWI or WW2 sections for the solo scenarios. They don't have to be played solo. I have run many at gaming conventions.

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Frank. ENJOY!!!

Welcome to the 'Drome' Frank. Live long, fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to the skies! Dive right in and get addicted! There are a bunch of really good people in this group. I just joined myself back in 3/5/2020. If I can help just ask.

FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!

Greetings from Ohio. Glad to see you flying!

welcome to the drome Frank!!! im sure youll find this site boring and unfriendly..........need i say it? APRIL FOOLS!!!

Another welcome from the UK Frank - enjoy

Welcome to the ' drome!

Welcome from Illinois, Frank.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Similar Missions

1. North Carolina Reporting for duty
    By mutt in forum US Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:25
  2. Illinois: Reporting for duty
    By BB401 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:07