Ares Games

Thread: New Additions to my Air Wings

Default New Additions to my Air Wings

So I decided 12 planes weren’t enough!
    I bought
    2 Albatross DIII’s
    1 Bristol F.2B

what’s Next? Lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1B8EA3D6-D737-4829-9522-FF7187EFD222.jpg   7BE990B1-7E08-4854-B03B-8A9B6123C003.jpg   F6EB4D77-8900-4F48-B5E7-9E8D34F43D43.jpg  

Those are good additions.

Excellent choices. The Albatros are pretty but you're going to love your Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Excellent choices. The Albatros are pretty but you're going to love your Bristol.
    . . . I Thought they came in pairs . . . : )

Well done, Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Those are good additions.
    Thanks Sam, there I go talking to myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    yes I do, I played a few solo games today and love the rear gun coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    . . . I Thought they came in pairs . . . : )
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Well done, Sam!
    thanks David

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. View Post
    So I decided 12 planes weren’t enough!
    I bought
    2 Albatross DIII’s
    1 Bristol F.2B

what’s Next? Lol
    and... Sam's officially addicted. Welcome aboard! Just one more of those... yeah, that should do it. Well I don't have any of those... That's a really nice one... really should have THIS for THAT scenario...
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 03-31-2020 at 06:10. Reason: ... said the guy who now has a dozen Fokker D.VII's since January...

LOL! You gotta catch 'em all. Kinda like Pokemon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Kinda like Pokemon!!!
    Only WAAAYYYYY cooler!!!!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Just one more of those... yeah, that should do it. Well I don't have any of those... That's a really nice one... really should have THIS for THAT scenario...
    That's how everyone is here

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    and... Sam's officially addicted. Welcome aboard! Just one more of those... yeah, that should do it. Well I don't have any of those... That's a really nice one... really should have THIS for THAT scenario...
    ssssshhhhhhhh

Don’t tell Trish ( My Wife )!

thanks

LOL! You gotta catch 'em all. Kinda like Pokemon!!!
    lol I’m thinking it might be feasible!

The "Bleau Mause" of Frommhertz is a beautiful plane. Congratulations on your new additions!

Quote Originally Posted by John n Colorado View Post
    The "Bleau Mause" of Frommhertz is a beautiful plane.
    When I was first getting planes, I got that one first because I liked how it looked. That was before I had much experience with what the different symbols on the base meant.

. . . you never forget your first dozen . . . you are off to a good start!

The first dozen was when NEUS first came out with this game. Now quite a few dozen more plus the dozens of more non official planes I (as well as many others) have. Welcome to the dark side.

Yeah, welcome to the dark side, we used to boast we had cookies! Not so much now.

well that didnt take long. welcome to the addiction. i can quit at any time.

My wife thinks I have too many planes. I feel I do not have enough. The addiction of a great game!

Another one slides down the slippery slope into the rabbit hole. Be careful, these guys are all enablers! They will be whispering in your ear, “one more can’t hurt.” Then, you’re hooked!

I remember my first dozen. The next thing I knew I had bombers, two seaters, then pairs of planes. And then, the first repaint happened...

PS: greetings from a fellow Floridian.

Greetings

It is amazing how addictive it all is. Every now and again I’ll think I don’t need any more planes and then think, maybe just one ...

Edward

Rookie, rookie, rookie. You need a cunning plan . . . 6 pack of beer = 1 mini, 2 espresso delights = 1 mini, 2 boxes of donuts + coffees = a bomber, eliminate Fries and that second berger = weight loss and mini . . . Your hobby can be healthy . . . I think of it as therapy and that stuff is expensive . . . Fight Club or flight clubs? Get my drift? When my Harley fell on me at the stop sign and pinned me, I sold it and equipped my model shop and hired a herd of elves, haven't missed the highway since . . . one needs to be creative and have a goodly fellowship to help you find the true path of enlightenment and happiness . . .

Rookie, rookie, rookie. You need a cunning plan . . . 6 pack of beer = 1 mini, 2 espresso delights = 1 mini, 2 boxes of donuts + coffees = a bomber, eliminate Fries and that second berger = weight loss and mini . . . Your hobby can be healthy . . . I think of it as therapy and that stuff is expensive . . . Fight Club or flight clubs? Get my drift? When my Harley fell on me at the stop sign and pinned me, I sold it and equipped my model shop and hired a herd of elves, haven't missed the highway since . . . one needs to be creative and have a goodly fellowship to help you find the true path of enlightenment and happiness . . .
    you left out that you have a medical MJ card! Lol just kidding. I’m good, I have no bills except elec., water, sat. Food, and gas. So I’ve got enough to splurge. Now Don’t Tell Trish ( My Wife ). Lol she thinks what is hers is hers and mine is hers! Lol so I try to keep her happy. Happy Wife happy Life! I wonder if she would like a bomber for our Anniversary? Roflmbo! I really don’t need any stimulants to keep me going. I do have more than one hobby so I will divert the funds for my Air Force to other projects at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kustenjaeger View Post
    Greetings

It is amazing how addictive it all is. Every now and again I’ll think I don’t need any more planes and then think, maybe just one ...

Edward
    yes Edward you are correct, I’m going all in fast so I can get all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    Another one slides down the slippery slope into the rabbit hole. Be careful, these guys are all enablers! They will be whispering in your ear, “one more can’t hurt.” Then, you’re hooked!

I remember my first dozen. The next thing I knew I had bombers, two seaters, then pairs of planes. And then, the first repaint happened...

PS: greetings from a fellow Floridian.
    yep Joe I figured that out right off. When you have these characters with medals coming out the wazoo cheering me on and making subtle suggestions here and there peddling their form of Drug! I didn’t just fall in the rabbit hole, I jumped in head first. Lol
    Last edited by Sgt.; 04-01-2020 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by John n Colorado View Post
    The "Bleau Mause" of Frommhertz is a beautiful plane. Congratulations on your new additions!
    Thanks John. I actually only bought it because it was a different color. But after your post I looked it up and got an education. That’s what is cool about this game, there is real history it is based on. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    When I was first getting planes, I got that one first because I liked how it looked. That was before I had much experience with what the different symbols on the base meant.
    I originally bout it because of the color. Lol now I know the meaning and history of the plane and it’s pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    well that didnt take long. welcome to the addiction. i can quit at any time.
    Thanks phillip, I’ll try to do y’all proud! Lol

Sigh....Rookie...let us know when you break your first 100 planes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Sigh....Rookie...let us know when you break your first 100 planes.....
    I resemble that remark! Ya gotta start somewhere!
    Last edited by Sgt.; 04-01-2020 at 23:22.

My latest addition to my Air Wing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F5A6410B-339A-42C3-B6BB-FDBBE561D326.jpg  
    Last edited by Sgt.; 05-03-2020 at 22:09.

Thumbs up

Some more nice buys Sam!
    Keep it up. Enough is never enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Hmm, original WoW, good find!
    Thanks Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Some more nice buys Sam!
    Keep it up. Enough is never enough!
    Thanks Berry. You do know your an enabler. Lol hahahaha

It is definitely an addiction. No matter how many of these planes I have I want to buy more!!!!

It is definitely an addiction. No matter how many of these planes I have I want to buy more!!!!
    ya but soon the Wife will be on to me! Lol

LOL! Mine gives me serious grief whenever I get more planes in the post.

The Clipper Peace Plan: for every $ I SET aside for minis, I also set aside $ of equal amount into a Mrs Clipper gift card fund. When I order a mini, I also buy her a gift card . . . It takes a bit longer to buy a mini, but she has not complained in over 10 years . . .

The Clipper Peace Plan: for every $ I SET aside for minis, I also set aside $ of equal amount into a Mrs Clipper gift card fund. When I order a mini, I also buy her a gift card . . . It takes a bit longer to buy a mini, but she has not complained in over 10 years . . .
    happy Wife happy life

I can buy whatever I want, I will negotiate with the wife but I can buy whatever I want! Lol 😂 hahahaha

so you decide 16 planes ain't enough been there done that. Made a list of planes I wanted. It was a good list. Then I decided to investigate a bit of 1916. That list got bigger, etc, etc, Hoping it's a final list, but I doubt it

Damn. Thought I had enough Albatros D.Vs. Have just seen a picture of the Hippel variant. Want, want, want. And so the list gets bigger and the light at the end of the rabbit hole moves a little bit further away

The unspoken agreement I have with the mammal I married: I get to spend money on miniatures, she gets to spend money on embroidery thread. She seems to be happy with having more thread colors than I have miniatures.

And then I go pain miniature aircraft with the offspring unit, while she paints fantasy miniatures.

Everybody seems to win.

Now, if only I could talk either one of them into playing WGF...

Similar Missions

1. WWI Plane Collection Additions
    By Dwarflord22 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 12:22
  2. My new additions!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 18:21
  3. New additions to the collection
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2