Ares Games

Thread: Those Cruise Ships

Default Those Cruise Ships

It seems half of our Aussie Covid 19 infections are coming from guests or crew of Cruise Ships. There are several of them wandering around offshore because Governments will not let them dock. That seems pretty cruel. I think it might be better to let them dock and take everyone onboard to an isolated area like Rottnest Island where they could be quarantined, treated if required and get some sunshine and fresh air. Any thoughts?

At this point in the game not sure I feel real sorry for them. After the three big ones last month the idiots should know better by now. There is no excuse in the world justifying getting on one of those sea going virus farms by now. Was seeing a report tonight saying they were finding active virus on those ships 17 days later. Every time one docks hundreds of infected people get off who want to split right away and whine about 14 days when they should be held 27. No country wants to tie up their medical resources right now and most smaller countries down there could not if they wanted to.

Cold?...yes, but I am sick to death of people saying it is just the flue or I will not catch it. There are almost 4000 cases in the county south of me (Detroit USA) and approaching 2K in my county. In my world this is very real right now.

I seem to remember reading a sci-fi short story once about a cruise ship, which gets caught in some sort of electrical storm and ends up in the future where it wipes out the human race because a passenger, who has a common cold, goes ashore at a tourist spot. The cold had been eradicated long before and so the people of that time had no immunity.

Unhappy

We need to ensure all Crew & Passengers are quarantined & not allowed to mingle with the general public.
    The Ruby Princess the first to dock in Sydney has been responsible for spreading the Virus & a number of its passengers have since died.

Too bad . . . Just imagine a floating international WoG and above decks SOG tournament several weeks of games, fellowship, brewhaha! We could visit the south Pacific and Ares could release minis pertinent to the areas visited, Midway today! Guadalcanal tomorrow! Below decks workshops on painting, Zoe could do researching classes, Rob could be bartender! We could do a Pacific cruise one year a medditeran, and truly we could battle Britain! . . .

And once again Clipper comes the the rescue and defuses a downward spiral...

I have a couple of pals who live on Azamara cruise ships for 11 months a year. They have a suite which means Speciality Restraunts every night. They also run their business from the ship via the sometimes dodgy ships internet. Thry rarely get off in port except maybe to visit friends. I do not envy them at all. Although a frequest cruiser myself, the idea of living on one is not for me. A world that is a 5 minute walk from one end to the othet and a constantly changing population would send me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Too bad . . . Just imagine a floating international WoG and above decks SOG tournament several weeks of games, fellowship, brewhaha! We could visit the south Pacific and Ares could release minis pertinent to the areas visited, Midway today! Guadalcanal tomorrow! Below decks workshops on painting, Zoe could do researching classes, Rob could be bartender! We could do a Pacific cruise one year a medditeran, and truly we could battle Britain! . . .
    Clipper1801 for Supreme World Leader! As Shadowcat said, way to pull us out of the hard spin. Now... you won't turn all mad with power, will you?
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 03-31-2020 at 09:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Clipper18011 for Supreme World Leader!
    Agreed!

Nah, that was just the double espresso you had for breakfast.

Wings of Glory shall rule the world!! ...At least when that floating platform is built.

Thinking all we need is an old retired carrier. Lots of berths, machine shop for molding, casting and model making. Huge galley for food and drinks. Sick bay for over indulgers Just imagine what the elves could do with a pair of catapults. Operation planning rooms, communications, dorries for trade excursions, everything we could need! I saw where decommissioned navy ships went for pennies a pound! Lots of free parking, heli-pads, it's all there! We could intercept the shipping containers and have early delivery of minis! Too good to pass up!!!! Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Thinking all we need is an old retired carrier. Lots of berths, machine shop for molding, casting and model making. Huge galley for food and drinks. Sick bay for over indulgers Just imagine what the elves could do with a pair of catapults. Operation planning rooms, communications, dorries for trade excursions, everything we could need! I saw where decommissioned navy ships went for pennies a pound! Lots of free parking, heli-pads, it's all there! We could intercept the shipping containers and have early delivery of minis! Too good to pass up!!!! Sign me up!
    Awesome plan, just where could we get an aircraft carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    Awesome plan, just where could we get an aircraft carrier?
    Considering that the US Navy requires that any ship it sells other than FMS/MAP be broken up into little chunks, not here... buying and refitting an old tramp freighter or tanker in the vein of Clive Cussler's "Oregon" might be a better choice.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

So you want to be our procurement guy, mr hanley or our weapons guy, "murph" murphy?

You make sure the checks clear and I'll do both...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. National Ships in the Works
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2018, 04:18
  2. WoG Cruise anyone?
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2015, 11:07
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 05:01
  4. Battle Ships anyone?