Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - March 2020

Default Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - March 2020

Last Saturday of the Month at the Museum

There won't be any pictures of this event. It didn't happen. Another casualty of COVID-19 "Social Distancing".

On 14 March 2020, by order of the Wing Commander, the Comox Base was closed to non-essential personnel, at least until 3 April. Only paid Museum staff are allowed in the building, so no volunteers, and no vistors. Which meant today's intended gathering, even if it would have been less than 10 people, was not going to happen.

With all the self-isolating going on, I am working on that Android App Development course, which continues using BlueJeans virtual meeting software. I will get to finish the course, and get a grade, but whether there will be a useful Battlestar Galactica Solo App completed? That is a whole other question.

The local Geek Con, CoVaCON 2020 has officially been cancelled, by order of the BC Health Officer, as it would have been a gathering of much more than 250 people in a 'small' building.

I have hopes for next month at the museum, but that remains to be seen. I believe the world will be changed on the other side. We will not be going "back to normal".

Thoughs and positive vibes go out to those around the world that are truly suffering, not "just being inconvenienced".
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

hang in there mike. we've had an April convention cancelled. Hopefully Origins in June will be on!. First one for me over here is now likely to be Doncaster in September. Stay safe

May 1st is decision time ref Origins 2020, unless the situation changes beforehand. As of today it is still planned as a go.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Similar Missions

1. British Columbia: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - February 2020
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2020, 18:37
  2. British Columbia: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - August 2019
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2019, 16:53
  3. British Columbia: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - July 2019
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2019, 08:36
  4. British Columbia: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum - June 2019
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 05:31
  5. British Columbia: Wings of Glory at the Comox Air Force Museum