Ares Games

Thread: Ares' distributor is closing due to the corona virus

Default Ares' distributor is closing due to the corona virus

I just received an email from Ares that says their main distributor, Alliance Gaming, is closing both of it's US base warehouses at the end of business today. Alliance is their main distributor and also feeds their European distributors. They do not know when they will reopen. This means that until this pandemic is over, what Wings products are in stock in the stores is all that we are going to get for the foreseeable future.

Well it’s not as if we don’t have a few planes... also we have no opponents now all pubs and clubs have closed

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

. . . we are indeed a hearty lot of survivors as Churchill urges, "press on regardless" poor regardless. "Why I remember when that Fantasy Flight company dropped us way back in the day . . . still flying! Until the chute opens, if you want a new bomber pack, you best get on and get it from Keith, right away . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Until the chute opens, if you want a new bomber pack, you best get on and get it from Keith, right away . . .
    I did, and I pick 'em up from the Parcel Office tomorrow!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Lightbulb

The shut down is a great opportunity to dip your toes into Solo Gaming.
    All the templates are available here on the Forum & even better why not join in the new OTT Campaign which started this month!

Solo it is then.

We survived the collapse of Nexus, we'll survive this as long as the core team at Ares stay together.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Not a problem, we can handle this......WHAT!!!....What do you mean Shapeway's is closing also????.....Panic...panic...panic....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not a problem, we can handle this......WHAT!!!....What do you mean Shapeway's is closing also????.....Panic...panic...panic....
    What, you don't have your backup supply of Shapeways for situations like this? Ah Grasshopper, when will you learn.

Down to my last 60, 10 unprimed and 7 in the mail, due Friday . . . Enough wood to last 20 more years . . . . then there is the plastic model kit library, the balsa kit collection and a zillion card stock models, Yea, I think I'm good.

Got about 5 shapeways left, 2 Alb fighters , Halb CV, DFW CV, and LVG CV. Also have 4 AIM aircraft left Defiant, Betty, 2 ME 262's. And 2 commissions on the table right now....Wait, also 19 Black seas ships all need to be rigged and sailed and still need to paint 3 SoL 3's and 5 SoL 1's. Should keep me busy a few weeks.

My supply is about 300 Shapeways, maybe 100 Aim. I'm quite comfortable in this area. Now to live long enough to paint them.

Plenty of aircraft to paint up. No worries until the stores open again.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

I'm fairly certain I don't want to count my unpainted SW and AiM planes

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Corona Virus
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 08-13-2020, 14:32
  2. Firepower Games closing
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2020, 17:30
  3. Northumbria games closing
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7