Ares Games

Thread: Solo Dogfight

Default Solo Dogfight

Sopwith Camel Vrs Fokker DRI solo game.

I used
    https://herkybird.tynesidewargames.co.uk/wofg.html. To play solo

© 2020 Herkybird's Nest. All Rights Reserved.
    Original Template by FreeHTML5.co Customised by: BelisariusClick image for larger version. 

Name:	E8EAF08B-5DD8-42CD-A5EB-A5E292A10740.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	283864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1DAC082-1695-432B-A68B-6C1F68370836.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	283865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2AA9C41-1BF5-4DBB-9385-0120A6F54705.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	283866

All that damage in just two rounds of shooting?! That game was over very quickly but it happens sometimes.

Exclamation

Sam dont forget to draw the 3 x A damage cards for the Sopwiths Fire Damage at it too might go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    All that damage in just two rounds of shooting?! That game was over very quickly but it happens sometimes.
    Lol no there were 21 rounds to achieve that much damage. In a second game between the Fokker and the Sopwith Camel 1 1/2 stutter comic single seater. The non player Sopwith shot down my Fokker in 5 rounds. It’s not depicted in the above photos.
    Last edited by Sgt.; 03-22-2020 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Did not know that. I’ll look it up. Yes you are correct. Thanks for the tip. I will invoke this in future games.

Good to see you are getting into the game even though you are by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. View Post
    Sopwith Camel Vrs Fokker DRI solo game.

I used
    https://herkybird.tynesidewargames.co.uk/wofg.html. To play solo

© 2020 Herkybird's Nest. All Rights Reserved.
    Original Template by FreeHTML5.co Customised by: Belisarius
    Sam, how did you like the Herkybird solo rules? I've been considering playing a few games to give me a break from Zombicide solo games. Got a couple of the solo play acrylic bases from Keith's Aerodrome Accessories and have been getting ready to try them out. Any tips from one newbie to another?
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 03-23-2020 at 10:08. Reason: because I can't spell

Richard's rules are a great start point for solo gaming but we have expanded on them somewhat if you care to checkout the files...
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...p?do=cat&id=63

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Sam, how did you like the Herkybird solo rules? I've been considering playing a few games to give me a break from Zombicide solo games. Got a couple of the solo play acrylic bases from Keith's Aerodrome Accessories and have been getting ready to try them out. Any tips from one newbie to another?
    The solo game works out quite well. Check out what Dave linked to. There are quite a few of us involved in solo campaigns using this system.

Once in a while my wife and I play against the 'Machine" and really enjoy it. Nice to be able to play 'with' instead of always 'against' my wife or friends.

Hi Sam, all my games have been using AI and I've been satisfied with all of them. I started with Herkybird's solo rules but soon moved to Dave's (flash) solo rules for the mostly because predicting what the opposing plane will do with Dave's AI is a little tougher. However, for any of the AI charts you do have to be the 'I' in the AI, but I try to intervene as little as possible. I learned this though some interactions where I thought, "dumb move by the AI", but found out the AI plane ended up on my tail.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Richard's rules are a great start point for solo gaming but we have expanded on them somewhat if you care to checkout the files...
    Excellent! Thanks much. Now I have a lot to decipher. I can see the evolution of solo play in that files section. Some big names on this forum did a lot of tuning. Still scratching my head a bit on where to start.

Lightbulb

Excellent! Thanks much. Now I have a lot to decipher. I can see the evolution of solo play in that files section. Some big names on this forum did a lot of tuning. Still scratching my head a bit on where to start.
    G'day Jeff! I can Second the suggestion to try out the Solo Games particularly using Dave's (flash) D8 charts.
    I use them in my OTT Campaign games.
    May I suggest you look up some of the scenarios that have been used in the various OTT campaigns & give it a try with your favourite aircraft.

...Still scratching my head a bit on where to start.
    First things first, make up a Template for Solo Rules which you will find on Herkybirds site from the link above. There are two templates now, he's done a 6 zone template under WW1 & the original style under WW2. You'll find them at the bottom of the list of charts. I use the original myself & my D8 charts were made from the original pattern.
    Second thing is decide which charts you want to use; third is print those for the aircraft decks you wish to use, finally get the planes on the table and have at it !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

First things first, make up a Template for Solo Rules which you will find on Herkybirds site from the link above. There are two templates now, he's done a 6 zone template under WW1 & the original style under WW2. You'll find them at the bottom of the list of charts. I use the original myself & my D8 charts were made from the original pattern.
    Second thing is decide which charts you want to use; third is print those for the aircraft decks you wish to use, finally get the planes on the table and have at it !
    Thanks flash, gully-raker and Tea Ticket! I’m jumping in!
    I was going to start today, but was invited to “temporarily un-retire” for a special project providing comms upgrades for our support staff wintering in Antarctica. People losing jobs and I can’t properly give one up...

It works well, just try to stay true to the rules of the game. Movement is tight so you won’t have to go chase the solo plane across the board. I’ve enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Good to see you are getting into the game even though you are by yourself.

A Bob, the Wife isn’t into war games but plays a killer game of Monopoly! Lol

Good stuff, lots of work went into these files! Thanks

Similar Missions

1. First real solo dogfight
    By Trumpet in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 22:48
  2. Attention SoG Players - Solo Rules and Solo Campaign
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 09:46
  3. Dogfight