Ares Games

Thread: Paint sets

Hybrid View

Default Paint sets

Last night I stumbled upon another maker of paint sets tailored to Modern and WW2 air, and armor. The company is Hataka. You can see their line 'HERE'.

The Blue Line is optimized for brush, Orange for airbrush. They have many many sets, even one for WW2 Dutch!

Handy to know, thanks Peter
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Great find! Thanks for posting a link.

Hopefully we can find these sets more locally. I'm looking at the French set myself as I am getting ready to state my French AF.

Is there a French scenario coming our way during Origins someday? I may have to sneak in some cheese and French wine for the occasion.

I just checked and they are listed on...you guessed it - AMAZON. The prices of each kit vary drastically though and it doesn't look like the full line is there.

Looks like Ebay and MEGA Hobbies has some selection too.

When I saw the name HATAKA I thought it was a Japanese company but after searching more I see it is a Polish company. Also they have an announcement that due to the virus they have to shut down their online store. But others have noted that AMAZON has their line. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    When I saw the name HATAKA I thought it was a Japanese company but after searching more I see it is a Polish company. Also they have an announcement that due to the virus they have to shut down their online store. But others have noted that AMAZON has their line. Thanks for the info.
    Lots of great sets for your modern jets!

Ok, here's another supplier of paint sets, Ammo Mig Jiminez. Lots of different sets, armor, modern and WW2 aircraft...

The store up the street doesn't carry Vallejo but have Army Painter and Citadel. As you probably know they are more for fantasy figures but they are good paints and I am sure you can get a close match for your needs.

I purchased these two setsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200626_163629.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	289365 and did a side by side on a Ju88 from Zvezda Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200605_222652.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	289366. I liked both, but was a little disappointed the Hataka Sand Brown was not as dark as it appeared on the box. The Vallejo went on in one coat whereas the Hataka required a second coat of paint. The Vallejo is slightly darker, but I'm not sure that is an advantage on these 1/200 scale planes - still making up my mind.

Very interesting project! I like the German camo options! Left side for me . . .

Interesting contrast. I think the right side looks more realistic...faded in the desert sun.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Looking for Duel sets...
    By Rat of Vengence in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2015, 16:26
  2. Paint small inscriptions... or not paint?
    By Landreth in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 05:00
  3. eBay 1/72 I WW AIR SETS
    By Supercap in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 11:28
  4. eBay WoW II WW 3 sets
    By Supercap in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 10:27
  5. WGF Hardest Builds & paint - Easyest Build & paint.
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 00:07