Ares Games

Thread: Do17 and JU88 Unboxing video from Rival Sky Games

Default Do17 and JU88 Unboxing video from Rival Sky Games

Thank you very much for the unboxing! Interesting looking at what Ares did with their cards, compared to what I did.

All told, the minis look a bit better in your video than I expected from the images on the Ares website. Not as good as the He.111s, though.

Glad you took the time to share.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Yes, thanks for sharing. I'm with Mike, the planes do look more 'finished' than the first shots of them we saw.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks, Evan.
    Hope to have mine from Keith today.
    Tracking shows they arrived at Portland Post Office about 45 minutes ago.

With all the usual doom and gloom about the quality of the new planes its good to see the models looking so good. They'll be a nice addition to our BoB battles and more.

I agree. Ares can produce nice and detailed minis, this is a proof. Please, continue with such fine minis

Good to see the production models have turned out better than expected.

"He is wise who watches"

Great video!

Can‘t wait to get them in my greedy hands...
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Have to agree with everyone about how the planes look. Much better then the first pictures I saw of them. I didn't order any but may have to reconsider now that I see what they look like. Thanks for sharing

Thumbs up

Thanks for that Evan!
    I received a message from you advising mine were in the mail so definitely looking forward to their arrival.

Thank you for sharing the video, Evan. I wonder how long it will take for the models to reach the retailers in the United Kingdom under the present circumstances.

the minis definitely look better then the early prototype pics. great video!

Thanks for the video, Evan!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thumbs up

I just unpacked the Dornier Z I received from Evan & it looks really great.
    Only complaint is the pale edging on the Rudder fins but I can fix that.
    Looks like some decaling will be done tomorrow!

I just received notice that my Ares JU-88s are in the mail and on their way to me! WOO HOO ! A sure cure for cabin fever !
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 03-25-2020 at 14:43. Reason: I'm all thumbs...

Unboxed my minis from Keith yesterday - WOO-HOO!

Overall, pretty happy (just a little touch-up here and there, for the most part).

Problems : 1 of the Ju88A-1 minis was not in its slots in the white plastic packet, so was loose and rattling around; this resulted in a prop blade being broken off from each of the two engines.
    The mini was sealed in shrinkwrap, though, so I still have both props and should be able to glue them back on.
    The other Ju88A-1 in my order was secure, and in top condition.

Re: the "faulty pegs" in Evan's video above - upon close examination, it is not a peg issue; it's a bomb issue!
    The underwing bombs are glued on a bit too close to the fuselage to allow the clear peg to slip fully over the plane's peg stalk; when only half-on, the mini is likely to fall if "tipped".
    The clear plastic pegs, single and long multiple, are all just as reliable as the older ones I have.

Possible solutions:
    1) remove the inner bombs, and then re-glue them a bit further away from the fuselage, allowing room for the clear peg to be fully attached...….
    2) reshape the top of one clear peg with a file, to 'narrow' it a bit, so that it fits between the existing bombs.

Now, how to get hold of some more of these beasties?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Problems : 1 of the Ju88A-1 minis was not in its slots in the white plastic packet, so was loose and rattling around; this resulted in a prop blade being broken off from each of the two engines.
    The mini was sealed in shrinkwrap, though, so I still have both props and should be able to glue them back on.
    I thought two of mine on the Ju-88s were broken off as well, but they were just bent 90 degrees.
    Will need gluing like yours.

Overall I think these models looks great - much better than the pics posted.

Still waiting for mine...
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 09:31
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-26-2017, 21:56
  3. Squadron Pack - Bf.109E unboxing video
    By Xen in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 22:59
  4. P47D unboxing and assembly video