Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Corona Virus

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good one Karl.
    I will now let you in on this advice.

I’m passing this on because it worked for me today. A doctor on TV said during the Corona Virus Epedemic lock down, in order to have inner peace in our lives, we should always finish things that we start. Since we could all use more calm in our lives, I looked around the house to find things I’d started and not finished. I finished a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, the mainder of Valiuminium scriptins an a box of choclutz. Yu has no idr how fablus I feel rite now, Sned this to all yur frenz
    who need inner piss, an telum u luvum.

Kyte.
    What? No Frog Pills?

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    What? No Frog Pills?
    Only Tim needs those to cure his NO SAILS affliction.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

With all the convention closing, I found one we can all go to.......Unfortunately

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChronaCon 2020.PNG 
Views:	121 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	291015
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I'm just sick and tired of this whole virus stuff.

Just be tired Daniel - you really don't want to be sick...

"He is wise who watches"

Alright, I'm very tired of all this virus stuff, better?

Bet they don't get a very good take up Karl!

Rob.

Here in the U.S. we have a death rate of 3.2% of the people that test positive and dropping, and more people dying from city violence and rising, at this current rate we will have more people die from gun shoot wounds then the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    Alright, I'm very tired of all this virus stuff, better?
    "So say we all".
    Sadly, it's not tired of us yet
    Karl

shouldnt the shirt say "free transmission worldwide" and have a chinese communist party sponsorship at the bottom?

Let's not go down that one Phil. We don't want any clockwork parrots.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    ... and more people dying from city violence and rising, at this current rate we will have more people die from gun shoot wounds then the virus.
    So, no change there then Mike..

"He is wise who watches"

This November's election could be an opportunity to do something about the guns.

Let's leave the politics out of this--politicians have killed more people than every weapon in my rack ever will.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    This November's election could be an opportunity to do something about the guns.
    It has nothing to do with the guns. It has everything to do with the attitude of the people and more importantly politicians. Hate to throw a fact out there but gun control was much more lenient 50 years ago and the US did not have mass shootings. People believed and behaved differently. For one thing you were held responsible for your actions, not coddled and patted on the head. You weren’t told it was ok loot and burn because you were “protesting”.

In particular, in my neck of the woods, we can actual CARRY a weapon if you’ve been certified and passed the FBI background checks. NO looting, shooting and burning here. Go figure.

Off the mini soap box, off politics (like we should be here on this site) and back to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post

more like an opportunity to do something with the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    more like an opportunity to do something with the guns.
    That's what worries me. You have trigger fingers starting to itch among the extreme fringes on both sides... welcome to the Balkans circa 1914, a powder keg waiting for just one Wrong Person in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Scary times indeed, add in the fact that too many of the world’s leaders are maniacs and it gets scarier.
    We need more leaders like the ladies running New Zealand and Finland

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

But.... let’s talk about toy planes, it’s much safer

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    That's what worries me. You have trigger fingers starting to itch among the extreme fringes on both sides... welcome to the Balkans circa 1914, a powder keg waiting for just one Wrong Person in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time.

i was being sardonic. theres nothing more i would rather avoid. sadly i wonder if it still is avoidable. i pray so. but i fear not.

Thank you Chris. I tried to head this off with the joke about Polly ticks but it did not have the effect I was hoping for. Please get back onto the right track chaps. I have no wish to have to close this thread.
    Rob.

The virus thing has a bright side. I purchased a bunch of solitaire games and learned to love them. The most recent one is a B-17 Queen otS remake called Target for Tonight. WWII Brittsh night bombing. Then Battle for Castle Itter. Before that it was A Wing and A Prayer and before that Aces of Valor (for wargames that is).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img_0311-mansi.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	291145

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    ... We need more leaders like the ladies running New Zealand and Finland
    Having populations (way) smaller than that of London in countries bigger than ours probably helps ...
    But be careful what you wish for - women leaders may be more likely to lead you into a conflict.. Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, and Indira Gandhi spring to mind.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    The virus thing has a bright side. I purchased a bunch of solitaire games and learned to love them. The most recent one is a B-17 Queen otS remake called Target for Tonight. WWII Brittsh night bombing. Then Battle for Castle Itter. Before that it was A Wing and A Prayer and before that Aces of Valor (for wargames that is).

I got Castle Itter when it was on Kickstarter. Got me interested in DVG games.
    I got Sherman Leader last month and signed up for the recent B-17 Flying Fortress Leader expansion Kickstarter.
    I will be getting the base game with it, along with Tiger Leader (and expansions) and War of the Worlds - the original and the Eastern USA variant.

They are releasing Zero Leader on Kickstarter today, but I think I will pass on that one. Unless another weak moment strikes ....

Muhehehe, i have been plotting to buy B-17 Leader for ages. Gotta kind of introduce that idea to my wife first ...

Back to Covid 19 (if that is still the topic). I read this morning that Auckland has recorded 4 cases of the virus this morning. These are the first in New Zealand in 102 days! How is this possible? How on earth could they get it with no International travel?

So, one of the issues with COVID-19 is the asymptomatic carriers. There is the possibility of people having the virus, without knowing they have it. Up to 80 percent of infected people have no clue they are passing on the virus. It could have been passed from asymptomatic individual to asymtomatic individual, until it hits someone that gets really bad symptoms.

With an incubation period of 14 days, it could have taken as few as 7 carriers to pop up again.

This is what is causing me and my asociates a bit of concern. There are no active cases on Vancouver Island, according to Island Health. That just means that there are no tested, and confirmed, cases. Island Health only tests people who show up with fevers, coughs, fatigue or other symptoms. Without widespead testing of the entire population, and antibody testing, as well, we only know of people who reported symptoms and were tested. Which could mean that there are up to 500 percent more people actually infected, wandering around our community.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Carrier pigeons Gary
    Kyte.

That is a nice haul of new toys Pete, very jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Carrier pigeons Gary
    Kyte.
    Yeah, who is testing the pigeons ????
    oh and those on private yachts who come and go as they please... (not jealous... well not much... well OK I am... very)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Back to Covid 19 (if that is still the topic). I read this morning that Auckland has recorded 4 cases of the virus this morning. These are the first in New Zealand in 102 days! How is this possible? How on earth could they get it with no International travel?

viruses dont recognize borders or geographical borders.

Sorry chaps, i have had to delete two threads which I felt were going back down the road of Clockwork Parrots again.
    My appologies to those two members.
    Rob.

Clockwork parrots?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    Clockwork parrots?
    Somebody who unreflective circulate the provocative statement of another person.

Clockwork Parrots = Polly Tics (politics)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Clockwork Parrots = Polly Tics (politics)
    That is so bad its good. I’ll have to use that from now on.

From the same joke book as Big sick bird Chris.
    Can you get that one?

Rob.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. S-38 and a Corona!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 07:07